It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodies Dragged Through Fallujah Streets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The violence in and around Iraq's Sunni Triangle is reaching the point of sheer insanity. Until we get more troops in there on the ground (sorry to say) we will not have a handle on security. Until we have a handle on security, order and commerce cannot be wholly restored. This whole situation is beyond wretched. The men who got us into this hopeless quagmire should be tried for war crimes.

Iraqis Drag Four Corpses Through Streets

Email this Story

Mar 31, 9:55 AM (ET)

By SAMEER N. YACOUB

(AP) An Iraqi youth cheers in front of a burning vehicle in Fallujah, west of Baghdad, Wednesday March...
Full Image

FALLUJAH, Iraq (AP) - Jubilant residents dragged the charred corpses of four foreigners - one a woman, at least one an American - through the streets Wednesday and hanged them from the bridge spanning the Euphrates River. Five American soldiers died in a roadside bombing nearby.
apnews.myway.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Way to post something that someone else already pointed out!!

More troops is not the answer. We need to take off the kid gloves.

[Edited on 31/3/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Way to post something that someone else already pointed out!!

Way to point out the obvious!

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well, if it were me personally, after this incident I would call for the immediate recall of every single American in Iraq.

I can feel the flack coming towards me already but here goes... People who would kill someone and then drag the bodies through the streets are savages. Period. I don't care about what any of you are going to say about cultural differences, and how dare I as an American call someone from another culture a savage. Quite honestly, I don't give a damn. Save your breath. That conduct is the conduct of a group of inhuman savages, and if I were in a position of authority in the American military I would get all my personnel as far away from such animals as quickly as possible.

Why bother anymore? It's bad enough to have people trying to blow you up in the first place, but this takes it to another level. Sick creatures. Drag burned bodies through the street and hang them from a bridge? Bring our kids back home. Who needs this.

[Edited on 3-31-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Reminds me of the tragedy in Somalia. (black hawk down)
I dunno', the whole gulf war/2, has been a 'sham'.
I'm not going rant now...need sleep.
S.
P.S: GWB=

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I agree with ya Djarums. It was the act of savages. Unfortunately, if we just pull out all hell will break loose. We went and did it. Now the only honorable thing we can do is fix the situation.

And you know what, we'll never leave Iraq now. Wolfowitz has said as much. The aim is to remove the troops from Saudi Arabia, which we've been in the process of, as you know. We're going to build several bases and the world's largest US embassy there.

I was opposed to the invasion from the beginning. I knew there were no WMD's and I figured we'd be getting ourselves into an unwinnable and heinous situation. It's Beirut all over again.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

already covered earlier today.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
These people are animals!
The city of Falluja is a lost cause.

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by BlazinDragon602]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Im sorry, but the same thing would happen here. If you want to argue about it. Go to the pit, I posted the same there.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by SpittinCobra]

TPL

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlazinDragon602
These people are animals!
The city of Falluja is a lost cause.

Lets face it all of Iraq is to a large extent.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The whole way Rumsfeld directed his Pentagon to go about the invasion was flawed. Not nearly enough troops. That's why things are so out of hand.

Gulf War: 750,000

Iraq War: 250,000

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
www.abovetopsecret.com...

already covered earlier today.

Closing thread, thanks worldwatcher.

new topics

top topics

join