It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did I do to deserve all these negative BTS points?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have no idea what I did, and I'm not sure what it even means or how people in BTS see my posts (or what BTS points mean) yet.

(Please forgive my ignorance, but pages freeze and take forever for me to load on here. I've decided to disable Javascript while visiting, but it's a hassle to then have to re-enable it when I leave. BTW, where can I suggest an option on the site to toggle Javascript? I spent 50 points on low-bandwidth mode, but it isn't enough to combat the trouble from the scripts.)

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
When you purchase something in the ATS Shop (Did you?), the price is paid in points...which are deducted from both accounts.

BTS is the Forum "Belowtopsecret.com".

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wintermarches

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Skyfloating has been here for almost four years and he only has 111 bts points.
And don't let him tell you it's because he buys lots of stuff.

He's a bts snob.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
yup, you purchased bandwitdth changes from your bts points, resulting in a negative point total.

no worries, you'll get more soon enough and nobody will judge you for the negative number.

psst, sky, put this guy on the negative point list.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Negative points?

Don't worry .... it's just like loan to pimp your profile

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thanks! That makes sense now. I didn't know they use BTS points for that; I thought they take it from only ATS points.
That explains why I still have ATS points left.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I use firefox as my ATS browser... It works well for me. Come over to Chit chat in BTS sometime... lots of points are awaiting you....

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I told a guy he needed to "quit whining" and my post got deleted and I was charged -1000 pts.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DroolsAlot
I told a guy he needed to "quit whining" and my post got deleted and I was charged -1000 pts.

The irony is rich here isn't it?

Not to worry old chap. Just keep your chin up, avoid discussing other members in a negative light, and you'll pick those points up in no time. Perhaps if you made a small sacrifice of humility to the mod gods ("So sorry, I won't do it again"), you might be granted some of those points back. I'm sure some of them still have a piece of their heart left.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Quit whining.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Quit whining.

It was in a political thread. I said quit wining to a McCain supporter and i think that the Moderator was a republican or something and just wanted to take his anger out on someone.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Obvious

The irony is rich here isn't it?

Not to worry old chap. Just keep your chin up, avoid discussing other members in a negative light, and you'll pick those points up in no time. Perhaps if you made a small sacrifice of humility to the mod gods ("So sorry, I won't do it again"), you might be granted some of those points back. I'm sure some of them still have a piece of their heart left.

I doubt it, but that would be cool though.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It was in a political thread. I said quit wining to a McCain supporter and i think that the Moderator was a republican or something and just wanted to take his anger out on someone.

Actually, up until just before the election it was quite difficult to keep political topics on topic. While your remark of "stop whining" might have been mild, left alone these things spiraled out of control. So yes, things were a bit heavy handed at the time but I hope you can understand that it was necessary at the time to maintain order.

I'll be the first to admit that some of the McCain supporters were whiny folks (I'm one of them), but still it really isn't polite to point out personality flaws in the other members. It's best to just stay on topic and avoid the personal remarks about other members. Especially the ones that might be inflammatory.

The points aren't that hard to earn back, I'm sure you will be out of the negative and back in the positive in no time at all.

Don't forget, save up 1,000,000 points and you can purchase your own UFO. (Not really but that would be cool)

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

dbates, did you do a proper and put the OP in the positive?
Oh, the mod love is just palpable.

How nice.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oh, the mod love is just palpable.

Yeah, we all love to be loved.................Love and keep points, hate and lose it all..

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DroolsAlot

I think you missed schrodingers sarcasm on that one...that will be another 10,000 points deducted!!

Actually, I think I have lost between 10 and 15k in points for talking it up...and you know what? It's therapy....

If you really did lose points for what you posted then I suggest u2u the MOD and explain yourself - but only if 'points' float your boat...the MOD may reimburse you - maybe not...

Here is an example of Good MOD'ing

grmamar edti!

[edit on 11/10/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

chapter29 is right, it's not like you lost to Stoke.

It's only points.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Hum, lets think about this for a moment. Logic would dictate then that to get 1000 points one should have said "Come on guys, whine some MORE!"

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Crakeur, Wintermarches points seen to be falling off everytime I look on this thread...Faster than prices falling at Wal-Mart..
.....Look if its possible, you can give him 200 of my points, I will donate....For real, just to show some love...............

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

O' man.........

That was rough and witty - thanks for the reminder schrod...

But know this my furry friend...if you win it's because the talent was bought...

Gooners win it's cause of this...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join