It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on film by TV crew: The 1978 Kaikoura UFO sightings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thermo Klein
just came across Kaikoura 1978 UFO and hadn't heard of it before - after an ATS search, figured I'd bump this old thread.

Good one Therma - here's a relevant vid

t has been almost 30 years since unidentified flying objects were observed off the coast of Kaikoura during the Christmas/New Year break of 1978.

The sightings are to be marked soon with a commemorative flight, a gathering of enthusiasts and even a musical.

At the time, news of the sightings was reported worldwide and to this day they remain a huge source of controversy.

But the remarkable thing about the sightings is whatever was flying around that night was not just observed, it showed up on radar too and was caught on film.

It is one of New Zealand's biggest mysteries and one of the world's best documented sightings of a UFO.

"The most important thing I think about his story is that even to this day, the flight crew and the air traffic controllers are adamant that we saw something highly unusual that can't be explained in mundane terms," says journalist Quentin Fogarty. "Now, 30 years later, they still believe that."

edit on 25-10-2015 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ziggystar60

a reply to: karl 12

That is a great UFO case, and one to enjoy.
Thanks for the excellent background story and followup.
edit on 25-10-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Wow that footage was amazing! Thanks for bumping...I was wondering why there was another bright rectangle in the right corner, but seems to be the "ufotv" logo in the beginning blurred out.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Bump (see below)
edit on 11-4-2022 by bystander because: forgot to quote

edit on 11-4-2022 by bystander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Anonymous ATS

Bumping this thread in the hope that Anon ATS is still around...

Neil, 13 years later, are you able to share any of the info you had uncovered on the connection between the Valentich and Kaikoura cases?

I came back to ATS after a LONG absence specifically to research this connection, so was surprised to read your post and find that I am not the only one who is apparently thinking along the same lines.

Would love to hear from you if you're still out there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join