It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Da Vinci's Last Supper:New Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Has the Last Supper been tampered with?

This is from my own observation of the painting,and it involves the hand with the knife.

If you look at these images you'll see that part of the wrist is visible,and its straight.Impossible if its supposed to be Peter holding it.

Observing these pictures and the wrist angle has changed to fit Peter's stance.However,his shoulder is now so out of place that he looks deformed.

If the knife is of no significance,why the change?
If the conspiracy theories surrounding this painting are false,why not just leave it as it is?

To me,such a change is highly suspicious as it points to the fact that there is something that needs to be hidden after all.

Related link.
www.jaydax.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Is it just me or does it look like everyone is angry at jesus in this painting and jesus looks kinda upset about something

and the figure next to jesus mary magdeline looks like she crying and to me i would assume that at the time women wouldnt have been respected as much as they should since you see peter holding the knife and he has his hand across his throat in other words doing a cut throat sign at mary magdeline

just my opinion

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Firefox is handy for looking at pictures. Install the right add-on and you can blow the up easily.

The backward angle of the hand holding the knife indicates it's being hidden.
That and Peter's hand at Mary's neck says to me he's telling her he is about to assassinate Jesus.

Check out Jesus' feet. His left foot is painted to resemble the cloven hoof of the goat.

Looking at the hands, I suspect there was a language of hand positions that certain others would understand and could read like a story across the picture.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It seems like the restorers may have seen that the hand was obviously in the "wrong" position and tried to fix it.

You should be aware, though, that this painting is a reproduction. Perhaps Da Vinci was getting in a subtle dig at the Papacy by showing Peter with the knife?

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Eleleth]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Anti - Government

Is it just me or does it look like everyone is angry at jesus in this painting and jesus looks kinda upset about something

It could be the moment Jesus has told them what will/must happen to him.

Kailassa

That and Peter's hand at Mary's neck says to me he's telling her he is about to assassinate Jesus.

I'd say it was a spiritual assassination as many people over the centuries believe that many of the Christian faiths are based on Paul's teachings,not Jesus'.

Check out Jesus' feet. His left foot is painted to resemble the cloven hoof of the goat.

Which is something that has been added to many versions as in the original you cannot see Jesus' feet.

Eleleth

You should be aware, though, that this painting is a reproduction.

I know.
the reason i used it is because more people see copies of the painting than the actual painting.And nearly all of the ones i could find (and theres a lot) have changed the position of this mysterious hand.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Does anybody else see the 10 to 1? The fingers represented 10 to the right (our left) and 1 to the left (our right) which total 11 making Jesus/Judas the 12th which results in a "hung" jury. Both Jesus and Judas were hung on trees.

I take the knife to mean dividing. With the hands to the left of Jesus up, I take the 1 to be over the opposing hands down 10.

We have 1/10.

"Let not the left know what the right is doing" Tyler durden style.

"I am Jesus's sinless life", He didn't really have testicular cancer he just wanted to cry, to know something else. Fight club tells you perfectly.

On the left all of the hands are palm down and to the right palm up.

The Priests receive a tithe or a tenth of all called tax. Judah means celebrated, that is "Celebrity".

You know leonardo divinci's name over some one that lived in your family at the same time.

Celebrity is what this painting is all about...keep guessing, it generates spirit.

Peace

[edit on 11-2-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
Has the Last Supper been tampered with?

This is from my own observation of the painting,and it involves the hand with the knife.

If you look at these images you'll see that part of the wrist is visible,and its straight.Impossible if its supposed to be Peter holding it.

Observing these pictures and the wrist angle has changed to fit Peter's stance.However,his shoulder is now so out of place that he looks deformed.

If the knife is of no significance,why the change?
If the conspiracy theories surrounding this painting are false,why not just leave it as it is?

To me,such a change is highly suspicious as it points to the fact that there is something that needs to be hidden after all.

Related link.
www.jaydax.co.uk...

Hmmmm. I almost want to say that, from what I've read, especially the Gospel of Mary Magdalene, and anything really relating to Peter... Peter seems to have been very jealous and not only that, he was a woman hater. He may very possibly have been gay and had a "thing" for Jesus... who knows. I know though that in the painting, it looks like he's bent over at an awkard angle, with his hand to her neck in a threatening manner, and the knife behind his back sort of reaffirms his shady character. Who knows really... Leonardo of course was not there himself, but he was a prophet in his own right, and a very great one at that. It's well known though that Peter was very jealous of the relationship Jesus and Mary had. He didn't feel that women (especially her in particular) were worthy of Christ's holiness.

top topics

join