It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "..." Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
nothing like a badly punctuated rant about bad punctuation to lighten the mood.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

Sorry but i think there are even more important things to focus on.Like:
ALL these people who consider,let's say,"wikipedia" as a perfect and never mistaken source of knowledge.Even here in ATS people consider info from wiki as facts.

Now,how sad is that...?

Just my personal opinion offcourse.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well, there is a lot of good information in Wikipedia. Most of the time you can tell the facts from the *snip*.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Thank you.........thank you...........thank you....... I have finaly been recognised for the genius that...........I am!!!!!!!!!

Zindo The Great!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Hmm... I don't know about this one...

Can't speak for anyone else but I type the same way I speak. If I would pause between sentences to think for a moment longer than it takes to inhale while speaking, I type an extra couple of ".." while typing. It's more of a trailing off of thought for me.

Star and a flag for you.

Edit to say: Well darn, didn't mean to kill the thread already.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Jenna]

I do the exact same thing.....as a way of pausing in thought. I normaly do this in casual writing (emails, chat)... <
but I also find myself doing it here.

No conspiracy to this at all.....

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
People, come now. I am not actually implying a conspiracy. I am implying my dislike for bad grammar.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreyFoxSolid
People, come now. I am not actually implying a conspiracy. I am implying my dislike for bad grammar.

While I do feel it is important for you to be able to speak your mind (and this IS in the proper forum for that) I think you need to be made aware of the vast variances or demographics of people who frequent this board.

Not everyone here has an advanced Harvard degree or majored in English. I'd venture to guess that at least a quarter of the people whom post on theses boards do not even speak English as a primary language. So lighten up and learn a little tolerance.

Matthew 7:1 ( actually reads as: ) Judge not, that ye be not judged.

There are two aspects of human nature which intertwine the subject of judging. I'll throw these out there for your consideration:

1. Humans like telling others what to do; and what they should and shouldn't do.

2. Humans also don't like being told what to do and not to do.

So, keeping this in mind you may want to be a little more tolerant of others so others may also tolerate YOU!

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Rubbish.....I've been doing it for years and I'm too stupid to do it for a purpose....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Well,yeah but only if you know that it can't be considered reliable.
Many people don't so wiki is something like a Pope for em.

Anyway,it was just an example,we can easily take a minute to think about all those religion followers (some of them might be proven right in the future and laugh into our face,that's true but offcourse it's also just a possibility).
If you'll spend some time in the grey area you'll see some of the ways people are using to... (precious lil dots xD)gather 'em up.

I'm just saying that this is just a detail and imo a non-significant one too.

Sorry for the delayed reply but i'm sick and i just found the courage to post.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

When I do it, it's not ellipsis, it's aposiopesis.

Aposiopesis (pronounced /æpəsaɪəˈpisɪs/ from Classical Greek, ἀποσιώπησις, "becoming silent") is a rhetorical device wherein a sentence is deliberately broken off and left unfinished to be supplied by the imagination, giving an impression of unwillingness or inability to continue.

all the best.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

You found it.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

HATE?
STOP.
You hate?
Man I think you need to really think about life and why your here. Please try to meditate and find your self. Try some relaxation techx, I truly hope your grow from this experience.
It is the problem in yourself that cause's hate.
You have friend's here, and we can talk with you about your feeling's if your having trouble understanding what your mad at, and what is the -solution to the problem.
Forgive yourself and try to make somthing positive of the day.
Try donating time at a soup kitchen.
Peace Bro

Semper FI

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
. ........ . ...
. .. . . . .
. . ... . . .. .
. .. .. ...
... .. ......... .. .
. .
... . . .. . .

.. ............

. ...........

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
The ones you really have to watch out for are those who know when to properly use a 4-dot ellipses rather than a 3-dot ellipses.

Pfft....there is never a proper time for a 4-dot ellipsis....

Unless you are pretty wasted and the typing is frenzied....perhaps then it is fine....

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am SO thankful I'm NOT part of this conspiracy.......in any way.

Proper punctuation is very important to me. If; I don't punctuate properly the punctuation police' working in conjunction with the spelling police; will make me their foe and humiliate me on the forums....

I find it MUCH more desirable to not allow anyone to really know how smart I am........ever.

Please be assured that if I SEEM ignorant it is all............an act.

By the way........English 101 was the most annoying course I ever took in my entire life.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join