It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solid clear as day footage of structures on Mars!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
sorry about the bold caps heading but i am so excited.. no more scanning for `shadows or mini rocks or having to adjust contrasts... here it is clear as the nose on your face..............
look at the picture
on the right hand side you can see slightly buried walls and structures identical to roman and ancient ruins on earth......... looks like they have been caved in or lead underground
i cant believe nasa let this one get through.. here it is UNDENIABLE PROOF OF PAST CIVILISATION ON MARS!

[edit on 10-11-2008 by weneedtoknow]

Mod Edit: Removed all caps title

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
aren't these tracks from the rover or from its scoop system?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
this'd better be dood.....clicks link....

sigh.this looks like where that rover was doing a bit of digging.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
close up of the floor it looks to me.

but if you back up into that directory on the server, there are tons of other interesting images to look at.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
jup , it seems those are pictures of the "after scoop shot" they usually take after they digged something up . My guess is that the look if there is a reason to dig further ....

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
PIA11382

Original Caption Released with Image:

The Surface Stereo Imager on NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander took this false color image on Oct. 21, 2008, during the 145th Martian day, or sol, since landing. The white areas seen in these trenches are part of an ice layer beneath the soil.

The trench on the upper left, called "Upper Cupboard," is about 60 centimeters (24 inches) long and 3 centimeters (1 inch) deep. The trench in the middle, called "Ice Man," is about 30 centimeters (12 inches) long and 3 centimeters (1 inch) deep. The trench on the right, called "La Mancha," is about 31 centimeters (12 inches) and 5 centimeters (2 inches) deep.

Image Credit:
NASA/JPL-Caltech//University of Arizona/Texas A&M University

PIA11383

Original Caption Released with Image:

The Surface Stereo Imager on NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander took this false color image on Oct. 21, 2008, during the 145th Martian day, or sol, since landing. The bluish-white areas seen in these trenches are part of an ice layer beneath the soil.

The trench on the upper left, called "Dodo-Goldilocks," is about 38 centimeters (15 inches) long and 4 centimeters (1.5 inches) deep. The trench on the right, called "Upper Cupboard," is about 60 centimeters (24 inches) long and 3 centimeters (1 inch) deep. The trench in the lower middle is called "Stone Soup."

Image Credit:
NASA/JPL-Caltech//University of Arizona/Texas A&M University

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

but that looks like an archaeological dig
you can tell those are structures or remains
not dirt and ice!

Mod edit: Removed big quote.

Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Sorry OP the guys are correct in what they are saying Good try tho
for keeping a eye open

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by weneedtoknow

but that looks like an archaeological dig
you can tell those are structures or remains
not dirt and ice!

weneedtoknow, maybe you think that these images were taken by some orbiter, but they were taken by Phoenix, a lander. What we see is close, very close, extremely close to the camera: i post another example of the marks, it's the second dig: I post also some more informations regarding Phoenix lander's work area.

Second Dig and Dump Test

Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/University of Arizona

Full res image:
www.nasa.gov...

The Robotic Arm took a second scoop full of soil and revealed whitish material at the bottom of the dig area informally called the "Knave of Hearts". The Science Team is debating whether this is a salt layer or the top of an ice table. Image was taken by the Surface Stereo Imager on the ninth day of the Mars mission, or Sol 9, (June 3, 2008) aboard the NASA Phoenix Mars Lander.

www.nasa.gov...

Basically, those marks were left by this:

The Phoenix Robotic Arm, during testing at JPL.
Engineers Bob Bonitz and Matt Robinson are shown in the background, in protective suits.
www-robotics.jpl.nasa.gov...

Image credit: NASA/JPL/UA/Lockheed Martin

Trench Visualization

Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/University of Arizona/Texas A&M University/NASA Ames

Full res image:
www.nasa.gov...

This image shows oblique views of NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander's trench visualized using the NASA Ames Viz software package that allows interactive movement around terrain and measurement of features. The Surface Stereo Imager images are used to create a digital elevation model of the terrain. The trench is 1.5 inches deep. The top image was taken on the seventh Martian day of the mission, or Sol 7 (June 1, 2008). The bottom image was taken on the ninth Martian day of the mission, or Sol 9 (June 3, 2008).

www.nasa.gov...

Phoenix Lander Work Area

Image Credit: NASA Ames

Full res image:
www.nasa.gov...

This image shows NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander Robotic Arm work area with an overlay. The pink area is available for digging, the green area is reserved for placing the Thermal and Electrical Conductivity Probe (TECP) instrument. Soil can be dumped in the violet area.Images were displayed using NASA Ames "Viz" visualization software.

www.nasa.gov...

Map of Phoenix Digging Area

Image Credit: NASA Ames

Full res image:
www.nasa.gov...

This image shows where NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander's Robotic Arm scoop has started digging, and the next areas planned for digging. The majority of the area to the right of the current trench is being preserved for future digging.

I hope this helps

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

good job internos!

i think just about anyone looking knew this was a closeup but you provided info supporting that much better than i could have done.
my first thought at seeing the picture was "that looks like my driveway"

top topics

join