It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Blacks ONLY Voted For Obama Because He's Black Then...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by jibeho

I admit YOUR logic is flawed. That's what this whole topic is about. how YOUR Illogic is BS. And again every one who didn't vote McCain gets it. People like me who voted Ron Paul get it's BS, people who voted Obama get it's BS, just your ilk still scream he only got the black vote because he's black while ignoring history.

Perhaps you should change the title of this thread to "Flawed Logic and how to reason with it"

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well, I do like my title, but that is a great title. But it won't let me edit it. Maybe a Mod could if they felt like it since that IS a great title and expresses the topic in a great way.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Perhaps this thread would be more useful with actual information that explained where all of these "facts" are materializing from:

2008 Election Demographics

Black Americans

95% of black voters went to the ballot for Obama and only 4% for McCain.
Obama has succeeded in mobilising African-American voters who, although strongly Democratic, have in the past been apathetic in turning out to vote.
Yesterday's surge in black voters, however, only boosted black turnout by two percentage points from 11% to 13%.
As in previous years, more black women turned out than men.

Whites
55% of white votes went to McCain including the notoriously hard-to-win white working class vote, but Obama stunned many by taking an impressive 43% of total white votes, cutting the Republican lead compared with 2004.

Hispanics
66% of Hispanic voters turned out for Obama - the best ever result for a Democrat.
McCain only took 31% of the Hispanic vote, despite courting them heavily in his campaign.
Obama used techniques such as Spanish-language adverts to win the Hispanic voters over, many of whom had grown disgruntled with the Bush administration.

Women
56% of the female vote went to Obama, exceeding the usual Democrat advantage.
Many consider that Obama's appeal to women has been key to his electoral victory, while McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate, failed to help him secure the support of America's women.
It should be noted that while Obama won the female vote overall, he lost the battle over white women by 7 points.

Men
The male vote was essentially tied with 49% voting for Obama, thus evening the score on the male-heavy Republican advantage in 2004.
41% of white males voted for Obama, making him the first Democrat since Jimmy Carter to take more than 38% in this category.

Asians
63% of Asian voters went to the ballot for Obama and 34% for McCain.

Jews
78% of the Jewish vote went to Obama. Jewish support - which made up 2% of the overall electorate - has, in recent years, been overwhelmingly Democrat; with Al Gore receiving 79% in 2000 and John Kerry 74% in 2004.

There's a lot more at the link. The source seems odd, but I actually couldn't find a more 'local' source initially.

Another question is number of voters. If Clinton had 92% of the black votes and Obama had 95%, then the real issue is the actual number of voters. Maybe there were 500,000 more voters this time. That makes Obama's number much bigger deal than Clintons being that those same voters, who never voted before, came to the polls this time just for Obama.

^^^Does that make sense? Long day already.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Always with the sweeping assumptions Gamergal.

No, I'm not a Republican, FAR from it.

If Ron Paul had the slightest chance, I would have voted for him (what thinking intelligent person wouldn't?) but the media decided to focus on the bigger news such as the fact that a black man/ woman were running for president. If most people really had any idea about true democracy, do you really think Ron Paul would have been forgotten so quickly?

Both candidates knew how to manipulate the public's interest. It's such a shame that Ron Paul had to go up against two "that's never been done before" candidates because in modern reality TV society, the more interesting person always wins.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Why do you keep posting these troll topics on here? You are not accomplishing anything by doing this. Your guy won, now get on with it and stop trying to prove how great he is and why we all should have voted for him. We will all see soon enough if you were right or not. Unfortunately I don't believe you were, but hey, that's my opinion. But I will not come on here and keep making posts for attention. If you don't like what people are saying in the current threads, argue your case in there. No need for hundreds of these sensless posts.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Your guy won, now get on with it and stop trying to prove how great he is

My guy didn't win. Ron Paul could have won if people decided to buck the two party system and wrote him in like I did. I still would have loved if he went to the Libertarians. They probably could have picked up a state or two. Any ways, I have to point out the BS. They claim Obama pals around with terrorists because of Ayers and Rashid. So I point out McCain Funded Rashid before Obama knew he existed. And that Ayers worked on a GOP charity board ran by RR's close personal friend. They claim the only reason Obama got the black vote was because he's black. I point out the history, and that Obama barely beat Clinton, and by the same logic Obama is also a Gay Jewish Woman and stuff.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

They claim Obama pals around with terrorists because of Ayers and Rashid. So I point out McCain Funded Rashid before Obama knew he existed. And that Ayers worked on a GOP charity board ran by RR's close personal friend. They claim the only reason Obama got the black vote was because he's black. I point out the history, and that Obama barely beat Clinton, and by the same logic Obama is also a Gay Jewish Woman and stuff.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by GamerGal]

Obama Does have many friends that are terrorists and I have seen you get literally OWNED in this argument by another member but you were to hard headed to understand a single part of that argument and went on repeating the same ignorant lies and mis-representations of the facts you do here. You don't know squat about obama and No i don't believe you that you voted for Ron Paul and I am calling you a liar. You have tried to use this as a slippery defense to avoid criticism saying you are NOT an obama supporter yet all you have done is attack one party by using the logical fallacy of false dilemma as your strawman argument. Just out of curiosity, don't you feel a wee bit embarrassed now that entire threads you create are nothing more than an opportunity to humiliate you with your baseless arguments so rife with a contempt for honesty and truth that it wouldn't surprise me if you tried to tell us you are a natural blond inspite of acting the part so well, I still would call you a liar.

Here is the truth GG and please, stop using this foolish argument about rashid, Mcain and Obama now that you know the truth.

Muslim PLO Shiite Connections Barack Obama William Ayers Weather Underground Woods Fund Chicago Arab American Action Network Rashid Khalidi Columbia University Invited Iran President Ahmedinejad Rallies Islamic Jihad Against Israel and Jewish People
William Ayers, head of the domestic terrorism cell in the 70's, the Weather Underground, was on the board of directors of the Woods Fund in Chicago with Barack Obama a few years back, which funded the founding of the Arab American Action Network by Rashid Khalidi,

As you watch this video you will understand obama isn't JUST paling around with terrorists he looks up to them and "funded Rahsid"

you want to know how Obama raised his money? It sure the hell wasn't donations from his website www.youtube.com...

I know this won't sink in with you GG, facts never do when it comes to you

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You claim that republicans say that blacks only voted for Obama because he is black. Whether there is truth to that or not, the fact is...

You are making sweeping generalizations about republicans, as you have in every post I have read in this thread and others. So you are no better than the people you are trying to insult.

by the way, finally someone mentioned the increase in black voter turn out this year, which was smaller than expected. But still adds to the over-all number.

Interesting note about the primary regarding this issue.

Hilary - 15% of the Black Vote
Obama - 85% of the Black vote

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Ya the same issue that he is already backing out of is pulling the troops out, so what you voted for isn't what your getting. I'm sick of hearing change all of the time, of course things will change with whoever is in office the thing was what was he going to change and thats what he never mentioned. his campain was a hollow empty shell and people did vote for him cause he's supposidly black but forgets to mention his dad left them and his white mom raised him.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Read the question. Answer only the question. Most of you are venting and skirting the question -- which only validates an affirmative answer to the question.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
When some people say that Obama only won due to the 94% of African American votes that he got, since he is African American himself. they don not put into account that Al Gore recieved 90% of the African American in the 2000 election... I guess hes African American too...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

tax cuts for the middle class you hardly pay any taxes now why dont you work a little harder make more money and than have more of it taken away. You poor people will always find something to bitch and moan about

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I know from TV interviews Black people voted for the first time because Barack is Black and that in itself is quite a mirror image of the separation of society in which all colours and race want to overcome. I feel black people have too much chip on their shoulders and that is not a cure to the problems in society. We must all go forward and not back to the same old grudges otherwise this whole racist issue will never be healed and the hate will go on and on. I feel let down when black folks say this is their first vote, was not the rest of the presidents good enough because of their colour, I see the same story that keeps flaming both sides of field?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join