It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Blacks ONLY Voted For Obama Because He's Black Then...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Actually I meant exactly what I said.

I do think that its racist, but in the end there's not a lot I can do about it. I support the right of white supremacists to vote for whoever they like. If they choose to shun Obama because he is black, so be it.

Isn't that the premise of democracy? Let each man choose as per his own will. Its not my place, nor society's place to try and impose a moral directive on any person's choice.

I guess what Im trying to say is that just as there are a few people who will vote for Obama just because he is black, there are also a few that will not vote for him because he is black.

I dont think I have contradicted myself; my position is just somewhat unusual. Let me state categorically my position:

1. A significant number of blacks voted for Obama just because he was black
2. Democracy entitles each man to his view, no matter how bigoted (either way) it may be.
3. While I disagree vehemently with the agenda of both black supremacist and white supremacist ideologies, they are well within their rights to vote for whoever they want. Its only "not OK" in my mind, but who am I to stop and lecture people about who to vote for, or what is moral?

I dont approve of racism, but I have no control over it. What can I do- go and change the mentality of racists?! I guess this stems from my distrust of the "one man, one vote" form of democracy. The vote of a careful, prudent, considerate and educated man can be outvoted by two racist morons. Until and unless the "one man, one vote" system changes, each person must be allowed space for their own views, no matter how disgusting they are to the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
I am trying to show the BS of the "They only voted for him because he's black!"

But your supporting argument is not associated with the point you're trying to prove. Of course we all know that homosexuals did not vote for Obama because they thought he was homosexual. That's obviously not true. You can't cross-associate this with another topic and prove that point B is false just because point A was false.

Really this sounds just like what the Iraqi Information Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf was doing during the Gulf War. He would stand outside and say "Do you see any American Tanks behind me?" Of course there were no tanks behind him. Then he would assert "There are no Americans in Baghdad. Never!" Of course we all know that at that point the Americans occupied half the city and probably had a 100 tanks in Baghdad.

Cross association

• State the position you wish to disprove
  • State an unrelated obvious false statement
  • Attempt to tie both statements into one subject
  • Focus on how false the second statement was
  • Avoid discussing the original statement.

If you want to disprove that blacks voted for Obama just because he was black, then why not actually discuss the subject? All polls, news articles, surveys, and opinions on the actual subject are welcome.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Studies show Clinton got 92, Kerry 88, Obama 95. That means he got 3 more then Clinton, but Kerry got 4 less then Clinton. So to claim that there was a HUGE increase in the black vote because Obama is black is ridiculous. He barely beat Clinton! If there was any "black" effect then it should have been 99%, way more then Clinton got. Clinton is called the first black president but he's not really black. So if the statement of black voting for black were true, Obama should have gotten a LOT more then 95%.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Thanks for the voice of reason.

We're pretty sure Obama is not gay.

He is definitely not Jewish.

He is definitely mulatto. How did the mulatto population vote?

Muslim? Another topic altogether.

What is the point behind this incessant argument?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Studies show Clinton got 92, Kerry 88, Obama 95. That means he got 3 more then Clinton, but Kerry got 4 less then Clinton. So to claim that there was a HUGE increase in the black vote because Obama is black is ridiculous. He barely beat Clinton! If there was any "black" effect then it should have been 99%, way more then Clinton got. Clinton is called the first black president but he's not really black. So if the statement of black voting for black were true, Obama should have gotten a LOT more then 95%.

I think 3% is a pretty significant number. It would seem to make sense that the 8% that didn't vote for Clinton are probably right leaning. Yet, out of that 8% block of black republican votes, 37.5% (more than 1/3) decided to vote democrat this time around.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

You are delusional if you think most blacks did not vote for Obama just because he is also black (BTW he is equally black as he is white and should not be referred to as black or African American) Blacks voted in record numbers this time.

Most Hispanics voted for Obama because most Hispanics don't like whites and just want to see a non-white president. They also feel that McCain turned his back on them. In addition, they just believed what ever they were told.

I never understood why most Jews are liberals seeing as how the Republicans are such strong defenders of Israel.

Most gays always vote Democrat because the parties ideas closely match their own and gives gays a better chance at gay marriage.

People should just vote for someone that they think will do a better job. They should never vote for someone based on skin color. NEVER!

What is really crazy is:
Everything that Obama screws up during the next 4 years will be blamed on Bush even though the Congress has already been controlled by the Dems for 2 years.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Seriously.

Anyone who comes up with such conclusions are, for a lack of a better term "crazy"

I'm a Democrat, but not to the extreme.

Dems, why we so crazy?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xDove007

Maybe I should edit the Original Post to point out that this is NOT me saying Obama is a Gay Black Jewish Muslim Hispanic Woman but pointing out that the Republicans claim he is, by the logic they use. They say the only reason blacks voted for him was because he was black, even though he BARELY beat Clinton, a white man. So by that logic, the only reason more women, gays, Jews, so forth voted for Obama is because he is also gay, Jewish, a woman, so forth. But even with this "logic" being ridiculed they STILL claim it.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's funny to look back into history and see how little things have changed. As far back as the beginning of this country, there has always been a divide between the progressive movement and a conservative movement.

Progressive always wins, but conservatives just make it more difficult.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this pretty much put the OP to shame.. yeah blacks voted for him because hes black!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If every eligible black voter in America voted for Obama, I wouldn't blame them. I mean it's not as the Civil Rights movement is ancient history. For many black people, this was literally the opportunity of a life time.

The disgruntled Republicans can be rest assured though, if the next 4 years aren't good ones, I'm sure the accusations of 'Uncle Tom's White House' will be heard loud enough from some quarters of the black community.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
People are saying other groups voted Obama with a majority.

While that is correct. The trend is still within a small % amount.

Now when you look at the African American vote, you will see the number is well over 95%. Overall turnout in the black community was also very high.

With as putrid as it sounds, it seems the only way to get the black community out to vote, is by running a black man.

I wont say black people are racists, but it's quite evident the only reason they voted for Obama is the fact that he was black.

Look at the numbers historically. You'd have to be ignorant and blind not to see it.

[edit on 11/11/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I never get that argument.

There are so many "single-issue" voters that choose their candidate based on their views on guns, abortion, homosexuality, religion, whatever.

They don't take much flak for that, but somebody voting for a guy that shares their race, and presumably a good but of their culture, gets chewed out.

It's really strange if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Your post made me laugh, it's that type of disconnected reasoning (only it's not tounge-in-cheek like your post) that is getting pretty popular these days. Truth be told, statistically, black Americans are not on the same page with the whole social agenda thing including gay marriage. At the moment there is a lot of blame from the left based groups going to the minorities, (which are also historically left leaning), because the gay marriage amendment did not pass. Down right ugliness. But enough of the minority baiting will ya.

*added parenthesis

[edit on 11-11-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

On here all you hear from the Republicans is "The only reason they voted for Obama is because he's black!" Well, guess what? The majority of Gays also voted for Obama. I guess they only voted for him because he's gay. And wait, the majority of Hispanics voted for him to! I guess they only voted for him because he's Hispanic. Oh, and so did the Jews and Muslims... As did women! So, if we use Republican logic, Obama is a Gay Black Jewish Muslim Hispanic Woman. Or MAYBE the Blacks, gays, Jews, so forth voted for him because of his message of hope, tax cuts to middle class, ending of Iraq, not starting a new one with Iran or Syria, so forth.

Your argument is flawed. Obama is very clearly black. You can see it and thus it can be proven.

He is also very clearly not gay as he has a wife and two children.
He is also clearly not Hispanic.
He says he is not Muslim, but Christian so he is very clearly not Muslim.

I agree with Blue Triangle that some black voters voted for Obama because of his skin color, but it doesn't make sense for all of them to have.

If you really want put the issue to rest, refer to the Army Times military poll. For 2008 it said that 12% of blacks supported McCain and 79% supported Obama. So go and find the Army Times poll for the 2000 and 2004 elections, by racial breakdown and find out whom military blacks supported then.

I do find it odd that Military hispanics supported McCain over Obama, yet Military blacks didn't, so did military blacks support the GOP in previous elections?

If the answer is yes, then I think you can show there to be some significant racial bias. If the answer is no, then the answer is that military blacks commonly buck supporting the trend of supporting the GOP.

Here's the PDF from the Military Times on the Army Times poll.

link to PDF

Fixed link

[edit on 11-11-2008 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I could believe for these reasons, maybe because of sympathy, national guilt, political correctness, America is not racist self punishing guilt complex.

Popularity of black rising stars in the last 10 years. Don't forget Morgan Freeman played God in a movie and many black actors have won Oscars this year. Will Smith played a black super hereo type this year so maybe its either conditioning or a change of scenary.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

I am trying to show the BS of the "They only voted for him because he's black!

Maybe you are having one of those "blonde moments", because you have NOT shown the BS or EVIDENCE.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I thought Obama was a white guy

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think his race had a lot to do with the enthusiasm black people got the vote out. Would they have likely voted for him as a democrat if he was white, yes but it is their heritage and the first time something like this has been done, They should be proud. Look at black entertainers on TV and on urban type shows, most of them said we are going to elect the first black president. Nothing wrong with that.

Point.. The Irish and Catholics did it for the Kennedys, because they were proud some one they can say heritage has the same as them, they live through that.

It is a proud moment for Black people of course a lot of people voted for him because he was black, this isn't right wing or anything else. Its just some people being proud of their heritage and I see nothing wrong with that.

to really test the theory though would have been if Colin Powell ran as a republican. Bet he would have got the black vote too, then were would this argument be

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DroolsAlot
I thought Obama was a white guy

White Guy? Maybe Obama and Michael Jackson shared some moments together.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join