It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Blacks ONLY Voted For Obama Because He's Black Then...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
On here all you hear from the Republicans is "The only reason they voted for Obama is because he's black!" Well, guess what? The majority of Gays also voted for Obama. I guess they only voted for him because he's gay. And wait, the majority of Hispanics voted for him to! I guess they only voted for him because he's Hispanic. Oh, and so did the Jews and Muslims... As did women! So, if we use Republican logic, Obama is a Gay Black Jewish Muslim Hispanic Woman. Or MAYBE the Blacks, gays, Jews, so forth voted for him because of his message of hope, tax cuts to middle class, ending of Iraq, not starting a new one with Iran or Syria, so forth.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I knew it, a gay, jewish/muslim with christian tendancies, half black half white, hispanic, man/woman. Its no wonder he won he covered every base possible

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
White Women elected Obama, the age group was 18 to 29, google it,

[edit on 083030p://bMonday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Like I've said in another thread. African Americans vote for Democrats because of LBJ and what he did for the civil rights movement, which was also good because they got rid of all the racists in the party and sent 'em to the republicans. Besides that the Dems have capitalized on this support and have supported them ever since. In fact why do you think the congressional Black caucus has only had 4 republican members since it's founding in 1969?

In fact when I lived in Mississippi, 1996-1997, everyone called African Americans Democrats, a few other choice thigns too I'd rather not repeat.

Well I'm sorry us 18-29 year olds thing more progressively about our politics and care less about color. I think the most telling thing about the exit polls is that Obama actually won the $200,000+ vote, I guess they don't mind being taxed more.
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 10-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I dont have them offhand, but you could look at the black voting percentages for Clinton.

He was the most popular president in the black community.

If the figure for Obama is higher, it suggests that race was an influence. It wasnt the sole influence, but it would be naive to suggest that it didnt play a role.

Thats fine though, that's democracy.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Who cares...

A two party system is only one more party than a one party system.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
From my observation of Obama volunteers, it was fairly apparent that White women voters were the major supporters.

Women also constitute a larger portion of the US population.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Well first off Obamas campaign registered tons of blacks, and had a huge get out the vote campaign directed at them, Blacks have been known to register but not actually go out and vote.

I know off the top of my head Kerry got 88 or 89%, I believe clinton got something like 92% or more but I can't find the numbers. For Bush to get the 11-12% was seen as huge in roads gained for the Republican Party. But that was largely attributed to Bush's view on gay marriage, the acts and laws banning gay marriage put on State Ballots. Blacks have already been blamed for one of the reasons California voted for Prop 8(H8). I, myself, saw them blaming that on the Black Community soon as those passed. Thing that bugged me the most is the proponets of Prop 8(Mormons/The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) sent out mailers saying Obama supported prop 8. When, on many occasions, he has stated constitutions and laws should not be created to restrict or take away any americans rights. I know this seems all inconsequential but I think it's relevant to your question.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
On here all you hear from the Republicans is "The only reason they voted for Obama is because he's black!"

I think it's obvious that at least some of his votes were black voters voting for a black candidate. Historically, a large percentage of the black vote goes to the democratic candidate. For example, in 2004 Kerry got 88% of the black vote. However, here in 2008, Obama got 95% of the black vote. People generally don't change their political stripes...and certainly not in numbers like this. I'm sure some of that 7% change was a vote against the last 8 years but I bet a majority of it was blacks wanting to vote for a black candidate. The other thing to consider is that I imagine within the black community there was a lot of pressure on those who were consdering voting McCain when there's a black guy on the ticket.

As for the rest of your tirade, gays have historically voted democrat, hispanics have historically voted democrat. Guess what, the jews and muslims also historically vote democrat. Oh yeah, women broke 51-48 for Kerry in 2004 too. If you really want to make a point on this subject, you need to do the research and show us increases in these minorities compared to the last few election cycles. Simply saying that Obama took a majority of a few groups is pointless since the democrat candidate does the same thing in every other election.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
I dont have them offhand, but you could look at the black voting percentages for Clinton.

He was the most popular president in the black community.

If the figure for Obama is higher, it suggests that race was an influence. It wasnt the sole influence, but it would be naive to suggest that it didnt play a role.

Thats fine though, that's democracy.

Or it suggests that Obama shared the same views as they did even more then Clinton did. Also, Clinton is the only white man in the Black Hall of Fame in Arkansas. Just a stupid little fact.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

But I'm not making the claim that say, women and gays only voted for Obama because he's a gay woman. The GOP have been screaming since the election that Obama was only voted for because he was black. Also, Kerry was 88, Clinton was 92. So a 4 point change between those two, but only a three point change between Clinton and Obama. Not that big a swing. It shows that, like always, the minorities voted democrat because the democrats represent them. Not because Obama is a Gay Black Jewish Muslim Hispanic Woman but because his views are the same as theirs.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Yeah thats pretty much what I was getting at. Clinton was loved amongst the black community, who used to refer to him as "the first black president"... clearly an ironic term for something they thought would never actually occur in reality.

I think the sheer numbers of black people voting (and mainly for Obama) simply meant that they felt that they had a candidate they cared about enough to stand in line for.

Thats fair enough isn't it? I can understand that a black man would rather vote for another black man because he would percieved a shared common understanding of the situation of black people as a minority in US society. Technically that is "racist" under the dictionary definition, but I dont really care... I just chalk it down to a natural impulse to support what they percieve as a fellow black person.

Whether or not Obama shares the same background is highly debateable, as he was raised in a white home and attended renowned universities, something which not many black men would have experienced!

Im sure asian citizens would vote overwhelmingly for an asian candidate; natives for a native candidate etc etc. I do think however, that this is a phenomenon restricted to the minorities in any country.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

touche my dear touche. Couldn't have said it myself.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

On here all you hear from the Republicans is "The only reason they voted for Obama is because he's black!" Well, guess what? The majority of Gays also voted for Obama. I guess they only voted for him because he's gay. And wait, the majority of Hispanics voted for him to! I guess they only voted for him because he's Hispanic. Oh, and so did the Jews and Muslims... As did women! So, if we use Republican logic, Obama is a Gay Black Jewish Muslim Hispanic Woman. Or MAYBE the Blacks, gays, Jews, so forth voted for him because of his message of hope, tax cuts to middle class, ending of Iraq, not starting a new one with Iran or Syria, so forth.

I've only seen one other post of yours and wasn't sure if I shouldn't FOE you right off the bat. You hit the nail on the head regarding the black Obama vote. Hilarious!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The truth is that the One Political Party has successfully split the populace so precisely that they could run a good candidate from any particular minority and be assured a win. It's all about median voter theory and they know that, so in effect the presidential elections are quite controlled.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Thats fair enough isn't it? I can understand that a black man would rather vote for another black man because he would percieved a shared common understanding of the situation of black people as a minority in US society. Technically that is "racist" under the dictionary definition, but I dont really care...

I'm a little confused now. I thought the point of this thread is that you were arguing that the GOP's comments that blacks voted for Obama simply because he was black were ludicrous. Now, in this post, you say that you can understand that a black voter might want to vote for a black candidate simply because he's black and understands what being a minority means. You also seem to acknowledge that it's racism and that you're OK with that.

Feel free to clarify if I'm misunderstanding your intention here, but it sure seems like you just contradicted yourself.

I'm also kind of curious why you think it's OK for this form of racism to occur but it's not OK when white supremists refuse to vote for Obama simply because he's black. Racism is racism regardless of from which side it comes and personally I don't approve of any of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

I think what he said is that the black community believes that since Obama is black he would have gone through the same things as them. He had to deal with racism, persecution, Jim Crow Laws, lack of equality the same as they did. So they would be more likely to vote for a black candidate because they lived through the same thing, or they believe he lived through the same thing, as they did. While the other side is just "I hate black people!"

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

"The only reason they (blacks) voted for Obama is because he's black!" Well, guess what? The majority of Gays also voted for Obama. I guess they only voted for him because he's gay.

Atomic bombs have only killed Japanese civilians. Atomic bombs can only kill Japanese civilians.

Just because condition A is true doesn't make condition B true just by mentioning it in the same context. Both items are disassociated and you can't draw a correlation between the items. They are completely unrelated. These word games are pointless.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I would like to see a poll asking blacks if they voted for Obama because he is black. I would also like to see a poll asking whites if they voted against Obama because he is black.

My Army unit is black in majority and I asked all of them, except officers (they arent suppose to express comments on presidents), and just about all of them said that was a major factor in voting for him. I asked the few white soldiers in my unit who voted against and most said they voted against him because democrats are notorious for not providing necessary funds for the military. I say most because the others did not vote.

I voted against, because frankly I disagree with Obama and when he gives speeches it sounds to much like he is preaching at a church.

I wonder what a national poll would say on this question.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Another great example of this BS! Dbates, if you missed it, I am trying to show the BS of the "They only voted for him because he's black!" Much like my topic about Rashid being a terrorist. If he is a terrorist then McCain funded a terrorist. Before throwing mud make sure your hands are clean. And here we have the same thing. If the claim that they only voted for Obama because he's black is true, then he must also be a Gay Jewish Muslim Hispanic Woman. Unless the statement is wrong, then maybe he isn't also a Gay Jewish Muslim Hispanic Woman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join