It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More of YOUR money to go to AIG, where will they vacation this time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
So, the first time WE bailed them out, they go to an elite resort in Florida , Now, they need more money. In the governments infinite wisdom, they have bumped it up to $150 bil. Did you have any idea you were that generous?

Guess bad behaviour will always be rewarded.

WASHINGTON — The government on Monday provided new financial assistance to troubled insurance giant American International Group, including pouring $40 billion into the company in return for partial ownership.The action, announced jointly by the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department, was taken as it became increasingly clear that an original financial lifeline thrown to AIG in September would not be sufficient to stabilize the teetering company. All told, the moves boost aid to the company to around $150 billion.

Source

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I think I'm going to barf.

We can't fund our kids educations, can't keep our borders tight, are fighting a drug 'war' with old MacDonald's straws and chewed up bits of paper, driving on roads that resemble old grandma's washboard, can't fix the failing infrastructure around our country . . . etc. etc. etc. but we can somehow fund the 'rescue' of these rotten bastards.

I no longer think I'm going to barf . . . I just did.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Yeah, and who is really behind AIG + Alan Greenspan!

You want to give more your money to that NeoCon - NWO Banker? It seems like you will, and wealth is running out, far away from USA. Rats are leaving the ship... Now its their turn to bail+out them self from that sinking ship.

But think if USD would still be tied to gold, what opportunity that would be for "real criminals" ... When containers of gold would be now shipped to all around the world from US Ports, with bankers drinking their champagne on the deck.

Would be there Obama and Bush also giving their "have a nice journey" wishes at the port? Before those gold ships bail-out from NY...

Yep.

"See you at home, after New Year!" Bush would be yelling now at dock to leaving ship. And Obama would looking him with great question in his face...
"... In Uruquay, you know, where I bought new plant last year!"
"Yeah, maybe I will bailout my self to there some day too!" Obama answers.
"Oba, you have to be a good boy for NWO first, then look, I promise to help you find a nice plant..." And so they made another deal at the port that day.

EDIT:

I should write to the end:
- And then they blinked with their reptilian eyes to each others, when both sit back to their own limousines...
"See you at Trilateral!"
"No, its already bailed out! See you at AIPAC!"
"Thats the last one still here? See U2!"

[edit on 10-11-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Why not go back and ask for more? The scam worked the first time, now the auto industry is trying it also.

You know, I'm seeing empty store fronts in malls and strip malls. Stores that were open and failed. It's the American way, but now it's a matter of scale. If you get large enough, I guess the government won't let you fail, but just throw money at you. That's a shame because it reinforces bad business decisions that would cripple the small business.

Circuit City filed for bankruptcy this morning, closings 155 stores and hundreds if not thousands out of work. No bailout for them. Why? Lack of political connections?

The government should have never become involved in this whole mess from the start.

As for motive from the House leadership, one should look here for how much is invested in AIG and maybe even check their members of Congress and House for conflicts of interest. Look under the Assets link of your individual member.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

The auto industry needs it more than AIG... GM doesn't have enough money to cover operating expenses through the end of the year. If the auto industry goes under, hundreds of thousands of jobs are lost...

LET AIG FAIL! let them fail! why are they so important? They're part of the problem...

At least GM didn't cause the problem, they're more victims of it...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
American auto makers have a problem of producing cars that no one wanted for years. On top of that, the unions want everything. Their benefit package is second to none, and they have no intent on helping out the industry with voluntary cuts in benefits.

I feel absolutely no sorrow nor pity for any of them. I had a serious union job in the mid 90's that went away. No one offered me a damn thing to buy out my industry. I didn't see one UAW picket for support. I just had to accept the fact of out of work and not retiring at 55, like auto workers can do, and work until age 67 minimum for full social security. This is my problem, now they have a problem and they want to my tax dollars. Fornicate them; for TOS reasons.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
You know, when they first came out needing to be bailed out, I was worried because my vehicle, property, and homeowner's insurance were through AIG. When they were given the $40 bil, I felt relieved. When I saw how they utilized the loan? I called and cancelled my pollicies and went with state farm, However not before the representitive I spoke with asked my why I was nullifying my bussiness with AIG. I gave the honest response, That I am disguted by the way they misused capital, and understated the value of the insurable aspects of my life. I was told this was no reason to cancel my insurances, and that I couldn't do so until I showed proof that I had insured elsewhere.

All of my insured assets including my home are paid for, so this doesn't sound right to me. But, I went ahead and re-insured with state farm and had AIG immediately cancelled.

Doesn't make a bit of difference to them , I know, But it made me feel better.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
They went to Phoenix this time. I posted the story here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your tax dollars hard at work.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This makes me sick! I work for an area hospital, and the cut backs that the hospital is making (i.e construction on hold, hiring freeze etc...)are respectable. To think that a nesecary institution such as a hospital is cutting back, but a multi-billion dollar insurance company continues to splurge is disgraceful. Nut to mention that it's OUR money they now splurge with...

top topics

join