It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adams versus Tolstoy..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Do you think Douglas Adams trilogy(in five parts)The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is better than Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace?

What is your favourite line?

I like the wheel.What colour do you think it should be?

Also that all car parks around the Galaxy smell of impatience.

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO GALAXY!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm still attempting to discover the exact formula for the Pangalactic Gargleblaster.

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
start with absinthe and add in large quantities `bout the closest it gets

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
My favorite quote: "He's just this guy, you know?"

Recipe for Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, invented by Zaphod Beeblebrox & as described in the Hitchhiker's Guidebook:
Take the juice from one bottle of the 'Ol Janx Spirit.
Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V--Oh, that Santraginean seawater...Oh, those Santraginean fish!
Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (It must be properly iced or the benzine is lost).
Allow four liters of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it, in memory of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia.
Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odors of the dark Qualactin Zones, subtle, sweet and mystic.
Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink.
Sprinkle Zamphour.
Add an olive.
Drink...but...very carefully.

The Hitchhiker's Guidebook also helps you by mentioning that drinking a PGGB is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped 'round a large gold brick.

It also helps by telling which planets the best PGGB's are mixed, how much you can expect to pay for one and what voluntary organizations exist to help you rehabilitate afterwards.

new topics

top topics

join