It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS petitioned for writ certiorari in Obama citizenship case, Obama to respond by Dec 1

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
The question isn't if he has a Birth Certificate, Its what the certificate says on it.

The point is, if he has a US passport, he's already provided his birth certificate, and its already been verified.

Its not difficult to grasp that, is it?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
reply to post by TheOracle

By briefing the President Elect Obama, they are following years of procedure. If it is exposed that he isn't "American" to the standards stated in the Constitution, Obama will probably have to "dissapear" like John F. Kennedy did.

OH ouch, that didn't cross my mind,

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moon Knight
The point is, if he has a US passport, he's already provided his birth certificate, and its already been verified.

Its not difficult to grasp that, is it?

You can show a Birth Certificate that says you were born in Timbuktu and still get a U.S. Passport (and/or a D.L., Social Security Card, etc...), as long as you are a U.S. Citizen.

The question isn't whether he is a U.S. Citizen, the question is whether he was 'BORN ON U.S. SOIL'.

The argument is based on the document provided. You can get a 'Certificate of Live Birth', no matter where, when, or how you were born. You can be five years old, from the country of China, and adopted by Americans and get a court provided 'Certificate of Live Birth' naming your adopted parents as birth mother and birth father.

A 'Birth Certificate' has the signature of the delivery hospital, agency, or clinician as witness.

Knock, knock...anybody there?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
(oops, double post)

[edit on 10-11-2008 by lyons9645]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Moon Knight

Yes, because his mother was born in the U.S this gives him duel citizenship. Ok, this still dosent mean he is a natural born citizen.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Maybe this country needs massive rioting, maybe we need a revolution against the liars and cheats in the gov. Maybe we need the scumbags of society rounded up.

So people are going to riot why, because the truth came out, because this whole election was based on a lie or because they would still want barry in office?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
So my question is... once he provides his birth certificate to the court, and it is deemed valid, are the detractors going to accept this?

Or will they find some other reason why they shouldn't believe it?

I'm thinking its the latter... this isn't about finding out truth, its about a political smear campaign.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Let's see, were taking the word of a blog as fact now? Really?
Would you believe a blog that states that I actually won the presidency?

How about some news articles instead?

State declares Obama birth certificate genuine

HONOLULU (AP) — State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

Fukino says that no state official, including Republican Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama's certificate be handled differently.

She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest.

Some Obama critics claim he was not born in the US.

Earlier Friday, a southwest Ohio magistrate rejected a challenge to Obama's citizenship. Judges in Seattle and Philadelphia recently dismissed similar suits.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Obama's certificate of birth OK, state says

State Health Department employees continue to be barraged by requests from people demanding to see Barack Obama's birth certificate, including some who have called the department's registrar of vital statistics at home — in the middle of the night.

"This has gotten ridiculous," state health director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said yesterday. "There are plenty of other, important things to focus on, like the economy, taxes, energy."

So, in what likely will be a vain attempt to halt the inquiries, Fukino yesterday issued a statement saying that she and the registrar of vital statistics personally inspected Obama's birth certificate and found it to be valid.

Officials verify birth certificate of Obama

The state health director said yesterday she has personally seen and verified Sen. Barack Obama's original birth certificate in an effort to address numerous requests for the document.

Obama, who is running against Sen. John McCain for president, posted on his Web site the birth certificate showing Honolulu as his birthplace.

State law prohibits the release of a birth certificate except to a person seeking his or her own certificate and the person's spouse, parent and legal guardian.

And last but not least the St. Petersburg Times PolitiFact site has an image of the birth certificate

Obama's birth certificate: Final chapter

As a fact-checking news Web site, we went to extensive lengths to sort out the truth. We got a copy of his 1992 marriage certificate from the Cook County (Ill.) Bureau of Vital Statistics. His driver’s license record from the Illinois Secretary of State’s office. His registration and disciplinary record with the Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois. Not to mention all of his property records.

Not one of these documents shows a Muhammed (or Mohammed) in Obama's name. They all read "Barack H. Obama" or "Barack Hussein Obama."

And the birth certificate can be shown here...

So instead of a blog, here's some actual news outlets that seem to say that Obama was born in Hawaii. I dunno I think I'm gonna believe an actual news article over the writings on a blog.

So has anyone gotten a copy of a birth certificate from Kenya proving that Obama was born there? I mean if such a document existed it would give credence to this allegation. Just saying that he was born in Kenya doesn't make it so. What would make it so is if someone could come up with a legitimate copy of a Kenyan birth certificate proving the allegations that Obama was not born in Hawaii but Kenya.

[edit on 11/10/2008 by whatukno]

link   

Originally posted by nj2day
So my question is... once he provides his birth certificate to the court, and it is deemed valid, are the detractors going to accept this?

Or will they find some other reason why they shouldn't believe it?

I'm thinking its the latter... this isn't about finding out truth, its about a political smear campaign.

We will come up with something else, this is ATS after all,

link   
reply to post by Buck Division

yes i agree, IF it turned out that he was born on foreign soil, then congress would simply define "natural born" as being born from a U.S. citizen. it is WAY to late now to turn him back, and i just can't see that this wasn't checked, rechecked,and checked again before he was even chosen as the democratic nominee. Use your head folks, they could never turn him away now, there would be great cival unrest like we have NEVER seen in this country, indeed it would be cause for a national emergency being declared; some will speculate that that is precisely what will happen but i don't see it. this will pass over without incident.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
You republicans really are like deranged psychopathic stalkers, get rejected and it just makes you even more insane. Obama isn't going anywhere, you better just get used to it. His birth certificate has been verified, it's over, stop living in denial and face reality.

Kinda like recounting the vote, Over and Over again right?

Their has been no proof thus far submitted. Who in their right mind is going to take the word of the Media for anything these days? Recent submissions of his Birth Certificate were said to have been his sisters and badly altered from what I recall.

If he was born outside the US and doesnt qualify, then Yes, he should be barred from taking office. That is the LAW.
Riots if he does? What about Riots if he doesnt? Dont you think their will be just as many angry people about him gaining the Presidency Unqualified as their would be on the opposing issue?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Good question. And my question to you.

Do you want the Constitution to be upheld at all times?

If so the there should be some agency responsible for verifying that all candidates running for President are natural born citizens. Not just Obama, but all of them.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

"In a false quarrel there is no true valor."
William Shakespeare, Text.
All of this is a blather about nothing. There is no Order from the Court about producing documents. There is a Notice from the Clerk of the Court under Supreme Court Rulea 15 that any responsive brief must be filed by December 1, the normal date for filing. If you look at the docket and the Rules on the SCOTUS web site, you will also see that responses are not mandatory in cases like this. What Justice Souter did do was to deny Berg's Rule 11 Applicatio for an injunction.There are no miscellaneous Orders having to do with birth certificates or anything else. Look at the original documents.

All of this reminds me of when I throw an imaginary ball and my 2 dogs fight over who will catch it and get a treat.

Move along here folks, there's nothing here to see. Go to www.supremecourtus.gov/ and search under docket files under Berg.That's what I would have my first year law students do.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest

Originally posted by DataWraith
What difference will it make to the US anyway whether or not Obama is American?

To the American's who bleat on about how Obama hasn't produced a birth certificate and that if he hasn't got one then he shouldn't be president?
Don't you realise that the President is just a figurehead for the people that are really in power , the ones behind the scenes pushing his buttons and telling him what to say , and that they themselves ARE NOT American but a multinational conglomerate of Elitists who value Money over welfare of the citizenry.

Their not American either but you don't hear the US people complaining about them, do you?

That way if the people in power make a wrong choice then the President is the one who'll get roasted by the public or in the worst case scenario end up headbutting a bullet?

[edit on 10/11/08 by DataWraith]

WTF. Are you really saying that even HITLER could be the President of the USA, as it wouldn't matter which country the President was born in???

[edit on 10-11-2008 by gordonwest]

WTFWTF? If you'd actually read the passage my statement is that the corporations and banks are the ones that run countries, Both the US AND the UK , as well as others. They 'suggest' to the leaders of the countries to 'do' things thats are 'in the best interests of the public ( re. the best interests of the companies)'.
And the companies are from all Nationalities from Germany (Hence I approve your Hitler jibe) to Russia to Japan to the Arab states and the Jewish nations as well.
And as for your hitler quote , you DO know he's dead don't you?

[edit on 10/11/08 by DataWraith]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Obama's birth certificate was recently verified as authentic by Fact Check. Org

Of course, obviously they're not as credible or objective as web sites called "Obamacrimes.com" or "therightperspective.com."

You guys are entertaining. You really are.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is very interesting and I will be following it closely.

Try being English and have a Scottish born guy leading your country

But then again, we are the United Kingdom now so alls good in the hood.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
This is very interesting and I will be following it closely.

Try being English and have a Scottish born guy leading your country

But then again, we are the United Kingdom now so alls good in the hood.

United Kingdom

My wife and I always say that the United Kingdom is no longer United and Britain is no longer Great....

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Not to mention you can pull out the 1959 microfiche at the library and see when, where, to whom and parents ages for when he was born which has been done on top of at least 2 confirmations that the birth certificate was real. Their making a feeble attempt to shoot fish in the barrel. Only problem is there are no fish in the barrel.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong here:

1.) Factcheck.org is a way left liberal site anyways

2.) I read somewhere that Ms. Durham moved to Kenya too son after turning 18 to be a US citizen?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Move along here folks, there's nothing here to see. Go to www.supremecourtus.gov/ and search under docket files under Berg.That's what I would have my first year law students do.

Hello anon...you should sign up!

You might be able to answer this question if your still around. It's my understanding that the original complaint was dismissed from the lower court because Mr. Berg did not "have standing" to file the suit in the first place. If he doesn't have standing as an American citizen, taxpayer and voter, then who does? I'm assuming this is what SCOTUS will have to decide....if they take the case. Which they will not.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join