It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS petitioned for writ certiorari in Obama citizenship case, Obama to respond by Dec 1

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

Can't answer your first two questions since I don't know, I'm not sure anyone else knows the answers either.

But for the third question, as long as you are a citizen of the US you can hold any public office except the presidency. To be president you have to be a natural born citizen. This is why Schwarzenegger can hold his seat as governor of California. He is a citizen, but he isn't a natural-born citizen so he can't be president.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoswatchinwho
As I am not an American and don't know all the facts on this maybe someone can enlighten me/

I am assuming his mother is American and father kenyan

Correct.

If he was born in Kenya, how long was he there?

He was not born in Kenya, he was born in Hawaii which is a US state now, and was at the time of his birth.

is some one who emigrates to the USA applies for and is granted citizenship barred from running for any type of office, or if they are is it only the presidency?

You just cant be President. (or Vice President I would assume as well)

Arnold Schwarzenegger is Governor of California, and he was an immigrant.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Trailwatch on Forbes had an article about this a week ago...you can read it here if you're interested. The last paragraph ends with:

...the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania has already weighed in on Berg v. Obama. It dismissed Berg’s case on October 24, despite his pleas that Obama's nominee status will result in "irreparable harm to the Plaintiff and other 'Democratic Americans.'" In its 34 page decision, the court called Berg's case "frivolous and not worthy of discussion."

I guess this plea at the Supreme Court is Berg trying to go up the ladder with his appeal?

(edit: spellin')

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Vault-D]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vault-D

If I were the Supreme Court Justices I would hear his case.

Not because it isnt frivolous, it is, but to shut everyone the heck up about the issue once and for all.

And then, when he lost, I would slap him with tons of court costs and legal fees for bringing a frivolous lawsuit.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Simulacra

Thanks for researching this and posting the info you did in a post to this thread. This should put to rest most of the unfounded rumors that had been going around on ATS about Barack Obama not being a natural born citizen. I appreciate what you did.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The Supreme Court hasn't told Obama to produce anything. Berg has filed a Writ of Certiorari and the Court will most likely look over the case once Obama and Berg have responded to each other. That is due on December 1st, and Berg's response sometime after that.

THEN the Supreme Court would step in. As of now they haven't told anyone to do anything at all.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

Originally posted by dreams n chains
I think even if he was not born in the United States... it would be covered up and he would remain president elect.
If he were removed from presidency at this point in time there would be such massive riots. Our country would be killed from within by it's own.
Terrorists would be thrilled.

Maybe that is what this country needs. A little Revolution! After all, this would be the PERFECT EXCUSE for the Government to step in and take some more rights away.

Maybe there is truth to the phony birth certificate, maybe not. But to use the fact that there might be some unrest as an excuse to just drop the subject is pretty ignorant. I am tired of things being sanitized for my protection.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Simulacra

Your "Proof":
1) Obama's Birth Certificate Verified By State - www.kitv.com...

2) Obama's Birth Certificate - www.dailykos.com...

3) Born in the U.S.A. - The truth about Obama's birth certificate. - www.newsweek.com...

1) First, at issue is that Hawaii has a unique law in which a child born outside the US can still get a "certification" of birth from the state of Hawaii, if his parents are residents of Hawaii--which Obama's parents were. "Certification" of birth and "birth certificate" have unfortunately been used interchangeably here, clouding the issue.

So even if Obama presents a Hawaiian "birth certificate", technically one needs to see the actual "long" or "vault" certificate in order to prove where he was actually born. (The "long" form is exactly what it sounds like: a longer, more detailed document that is actually a form, rather than the online certificate found on dailykos.) In response to Andy Martin's inquiry, the state of Hawaii verified that they had a "birth certificate" on record for Obama...but they did not say that it showed that he was actually born in Hawaii, rather than in Kenya. And given the controversy at hand, this is the crucial information to have.
www.oilforimmigration.org...

2) The "birth certificate" on kos has been analyzed by at least three professional forensic analysts who indicated that it is a forgery.

Here's a link to one of the forensic analyses; I believe there are links to others here, as well:
web.israelinsider.com...

Further legal repercussions if in fact the "birth certificate" online is indeed a forgery:
www.newswithviews.com...

3) Since when did an article in Newsweek constitute compelling evidence admissible in a court of law?

Don't you think that if any of your three "reliable sources" were in fact reliable, that the SCOTUS would have denied the writ of certiorari out of hand, and dismissed the case?

By the way, SCOTUS stands for "Supreme Court of the United States"--yes, THE Supreme Court. I think you could reliably say that they have some experience in being able to distinguish fact from fiction. Or rather, let's just say that it wouldn't be wise to try to present the highest court in the land with a faked birth certificate and try to pass it off as a legitimate one. The Internet is one thing, SCOTUS is quite another.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

are you saying you AS AN AMERICAN don't care even if he is a born Kenyan..you still want him as president?

please don't tell me that

I don't care if an American citizen is Kenyan born, therefore I don't care if an American President is Kenyan born.

I think this requirement should be removed. If The People have issues with a POTUS candidate being born in another country then it will reflect in the votes anyways...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Please OP, could you point a mainstream media link validating your story?
I am sorry I dont find sources such as obamacrimes.com and therightperspective.com as serious or reliable.

thank you.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by beforetime

are you saying you AS AN AMERICAN don't care even if he is a born Kenyan..you still want him as president?

please don't tell me that

I don't care if an American citizen is Kenyan born, therefore I don't care if an American President is Kenyan born.

I think this requirement should be removed. If The People have issues with a POTUS candidate being born in another country then it will reflect in the votes anyways...

you know i agree too to this, but law is law. (it's been thought out and leveled for the most part) with all the "crap" that we've seen in the past 8 years, it's refreshing to see some attempt at upholding protocol. just play by the rules.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

I don't know where he was born for certain. Honestly I don't care either way. I would even excuse the lying if we find out he was Kenyan born! Just as I would excuse later finding out Obama is really not a Christian

It looks like he has presented his birth certificate for Hawaii already though. Did someone prove those were doctored?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by difsjf
I personally don't think it matters if he was born here or not.
It doesn't change his ability to lead.
And it's not like if he was born in Kenya that that means he was there for a long time, no, he grew up in America so he is an American at heart.
I don't understand why anyone would be so worried "Oh, is he legal??"
It has nothing to do with if he's legal.
It has to do with if he can LEAD, and I believe he can.

WOW!!! Uh, yes, yes it does MATTER. NO, he did NOT grow up here, he grew up as a MUSLIM in Indonesia.

Do yourself a favor and stop watching six hours of Main Stream Media everyday. Welcom to reality here at ATS.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

We've had enough deviation from our Constitution. However, having an "American" as President of The United States of AMERICA makes perfect sense! I almost think people have forgotten exactly what a Constitution is. This item of our Constitution is designed to lessen the likelyhood of subversion by a foreign power. I'm all for that!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Please review this video.It is about ten mins long.
It is an interview with the guy who is bringing this to the Supreme Court.
Very interesting.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by cbass]

[edit on 10-11-2008 by cbass]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I suspect the underlying and untold reason for the image policy may have something to do with the sites copyright liability being reduced by having infringing images hosted elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Sure.

But I seriously doubt he finished is Kenyan Muslim Terrorist Manchurian Candidate training in the few years he spent in Kenya after he was born there
if he was born there

I know what the Constitution is. Back in me school days I scored the highest on the Constitution Test of the entire school that year. And ATS has made me keep my knives sharp
Well... I am okay with changes being made to it, IF the changes have The Peoples best interests at heart. Yeah I am radical like that

What I don't approve of is the last 8 years. When the Constitution is abused and the People exploited.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
As of yet, Obama has still failed to release the Vaulted Copy of his Birth Certificate, which is the action upon which many questions are raised.

HONOLULU -- The state's Department of Health director on Friday released a statement verifying the legitimacy of Sen. Barack Obama birth certificate.
www.kitv.com...

What else is there to prove? How are you going to spin this to your bias intention?

You would think that the GOPs attempt to attach an 'otherness' or quasi-mccarthyism to Obama would stop with its horribly failed attempt this election season.

Ah well, luckily America is filled with people, just like yourself, that encourage ignorance and spread falsehood and doubt.

Can I ask you a question? What are you doing on a conspiracy site if you believe those links you are posting. Obama has clearly not shown his birth certificate, and THAT is why there is a court case over it.

2nd question...

Is there a court case over his birht certificate?

Yes, there is. SO..... Apparently whatever you are reading, linking, watching is NOT what we are talking about here. There IS a court case (knock knock, anyone there?) and he is being forced to prove he was born on US soil.

His grandmother, brother and sister have said he was born in Kenya. His mother moved and married, apparently losing her US citizenship, so even if he was born in Kenya, he is still not eligible for the seat.

Like people are saying, if it was no big deal, just show it. But... Here's what really happened.

See, he was appointed by the powers that be to this position. The election was perfection. Everything was going perfect, everyone in the war room was high fiving each other for months, patting each other on the back. Then, one day, someone brought up the place of birth topic, and the war room went into a tail spin. See, they are stalling because now everything has to be created, gone over a hundred times, people have to either be bought or killed, etc. So, he WILL produce a valid certificate, just give them a little more time to make sure all their bases are fully covered.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I understand that you understand what a "Constitution" is. So, you must know that too many changes to it, it is no longer a "Constitution".

You are talking about not caring if he is "Kenyan" by birth. You also said you don't care if its exposed that he lied to the American people. I think you might be in the minority.

Scoring high on a "Constitution Test" in school means very little, especially if it came from an Ultra-Lib Californian School District.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Do you really think that if there was an ounce of a doubt regarding his status, he would have gone so far? The Dems would have not let him anywhere near candidacy, the reps would have been all over the issue.
And Obama was briefed on national security and state secrets recently. You think they would have done it if there was a shadow of a doubt?

You think this Mr Berg is right and the entire american administration are lousy worker?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join