It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS petitioned for writ certiorari in Obama citizenship case, Obama to respond by Dec 1

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdp333
I don't understand why people are still saying the whole petition was denied....it's been stated in this long thread about ten times.

To go a step further, according to the Supreme Court rules, they could have kicked the whole writ out to begin with. They didn't even have to ask the defendant to respond. Asking a defendant to respond takes at least 4 justices to agree. It only takes one to deny an emergency injunction....which Souter did.

Could you please direct us to where the Supreme Court has taken any action on this besides Judge Souter's denial?

All we are asking for is one link that is on a government website. You know, a dot gov, like maybe the supreme court webite? ObamaCrimes does not count.

DocMoreau

Edit to Add: Yes Jenna, I see a Motion to Appeal, but I don't see the appeal. I don't see an Court Order requiring Obama to Comply any further than he already has. I do not see anything but hype.

[edit on 13/11/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Fair enough. Good to know that you are not willing to make a claim yet. That means we are in the same boat.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

I figure there are enough claims running around for people to choose from. Plus I do not have access to enough information outside of court documents that don't provide proof either way on the issue, news articles that don't really give many details on the proof, a website owned by Obama and a website owned by Berg to be able to say either way. I will say that he most likely was born in Hawaii. Do not take that as me saying he definitely was, no question about it. That is not what I am saying. I am literally saying he most likely was. Is there evidence that puts that into question, yes there is, but most likely he was born in Hawaii. That does not mean that he never lost citizenship though if he was in fact born there.

And as I pointed out before, maybe those who are questioning this are going after the wrong information. Maybe they should be going for his school records from Indonesia and any other records that exist on him either there or Kenya. I simply do not have enough information on his time in either of those countries for me to feel confidant enough saying one way or the other about any of it. Claims either way are not something to be made lightly, in my opinion, and I would rather be objective and watch how it all plays out than argue for or against any of it without having enough information to start with.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Here you go, the papers that were filed for the appeal:

Notice of Appeal

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I wonder how much all of this is costing Berg. Anyone have a ballpark figure on that?

I would hope he's not holding onto this if he's got nothing and just flushing money down the pipes. If anything, that's probably the best piece of evidence presented so far... that this guy is spending so much money and time. But, that's also pretty weak evidence.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

A couple hundred total for filing fees on everything he has filed, and I'm sure another couple hundred just for mailing everything with certified mail and getting signature confirmation. Then there's probably expenses from trying to get everything he needs together to actually be able to file. So base cost here is probably at least $500. I'd say that's the cheapest someone could file and mail all of those papers on, with some tacked on for getting all the info together. But in all reality, if he has had anyone help him they were probably getting paid so it would depend on how much he paid them but probably closer to at least 1k.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
I wonder how much all of this is costing Berg. Anyone have a ballpark figure on that?

I would hope he's not holding onto this if he's got nothing and just flushing money down the pipes. If anything, that's probably the best piece of evidence presented so far... that this guy is spending so much money and time. But, that's also pretty weak evidence.

Check his website. He is getting donations from gullible people to carry on his good work. If anything, I wonder how he is profitting off of this when the expense is weighed against the donations received.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
reply to post by redhatty

I quoted those same pages. Here is my post from 2 days ago:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
At the bottom of both SCOTUS pages it says Denied by Justice Souter on November 3rd.

Where does it say that any further action is being taken by the Supreme Court?

Not in any of the pages of Orders I linked.

Only on ObamaCrimes, as press releases.
DocMoreau

[edit on 13/11/2008 by DocMoreau]

I haven't visited Obamacrimes in a while. Can't speak to what they are claiming. SCOTUS has allowed until Dec 1, 2008 for Obama et al to reply. They have nothing else to do at this time. If after Dec 1 a reply from Obama, et al is or is not received then SCOTUS will go about deciding if they will review the case.

I mentioned on another thread that Berg completely ignored SCOTUS proceedure by admitting new evidence in his filins with SCOTUS. All SCOTUS can do is look at the constitutionality of the lower courts rulings. IF they find the lower courts in error, then they can reverse, overturn, or hear arguments on the case.

I doubt that will happen. I think the Donofrio v. Wells case (also submitted to SCOTUS on the same basis - eligibility of Obama AND McCain to run) has a better chance - IF Donofrio can ever get past the SCOTUS Clerk who is exceeding his authority. You can read more about that case here

Edit to correct link

[edit on 11/13/08 by redhatty]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
A few links on info about the cases as up to date as i can find!

www.thebulletin.us...

www.therightsideoflife.com...-776

And heres a link to all kinds of the latest info on many of the suits and organizations trying to find out exactly who our 'President maybe elect' realy is and where he comes from!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

You mean they're trying to lie about him and lie about where he came from right? You really believe that ****?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Follow-up story: Mombasa Imam who confirmed Obama’s birth place arrives in the UK

Posted by africanpress on November 9, 2008

The Imam who came forward to assist in the search of Barack Obama’s identity left Kenya secretly last night, and will arrive in the UK this morning. He will meet with a US contact person who will assist him in recording an asylum statement in the UK after handing over the documents that caused the blessing of Obama when he was born and to confirm the origin of the name Hussein.

The man will join relatives in the UK because his life will be in danger if he were to return to Kenya after removing the documents from the Mosque’s archives and taking them out of the country. The man has been informed about the on-going case filed in the US Supreme Court by attorney Philip Berg challenging Barack Obama’s citizenship.

When the man heard that Jerome Corsi was in Kenya a few months ago, he took a decision to try and meet him, but had to travel back to Mombasa from Nairobi on hearing that Corsi had been bundled and taken to the airport on deportation orders.

The Imam is the grandson of the late Imam who blessed Barack Obama when he was born in Mombasa on the 4th of august 1961.

While in the UK, the Imam and the American contact person will visit Amnesty International before handing himself over to the authorities where he will formally deliver his application for asylum. The contact man has arranged so that they get an official from Amnesty international to accompany them to the home office desk where he will inform them on he dangers that will face him if he were to return to Kenya after delivering the documents on Obama.

This may now bring to close the speculations on Obama’s citizenship and the secrecy on where he was born.

API will dispatch a detailed letter in support of the Imam’s - application for asylum and protection - to the UK Home Office Secretary later today. The letter will be made available on the site here, but minus the names of the Imam.

African Press International

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

That proves nothing. His father was born in Kenya. He was born in America.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by beforetime
reply to post by Simulacra

To deny ignorance would be..to ignore all you have learned from ..obama endorser's.
and toss it out a window..

When a supreme court say's..Show us the paper's Mr.obama....it miens they have not been shown these paper's either..or the lawsuit would not have went threw.

So you are showing links that only show it may or may not being covered up.

PS this is a conspiracy site .
And a conspiracy this does make lol

A conspiracy site does not mean 'Let's propagate blatant ignorance and ignore crystal clear fact'.

You still fail to understand the purpose of the site, not to spread lies and ignorance but to DENY this as our society has been feed this nonsense for decades and, with an educated discourse, come to a resonable truthful conclusion.

The law of parismony applies here, you've seen the birth certificates yet you deny the truth because 'they could have been doctored'. You're creating fictions in order to support your slanted and bias belief.

I guess I'm going to have to go ahead and deny you and your ignorance sir, as Obama's fraudulent "birth certifcate" has already been proved beyond the shadow of a doubt to be a FORGERY:

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Well, I see the appeal. thanks. Sorry I was being so rude about it.

I still am not sold on this being any more than a stunt. I still have seen nothing that shows Obama is ordered to present anything other than what he has already has. Also, I don't see that this appeal is going forward, but I haven't found anything that says this was denied. Just the files from the SCOTUS website that say that Souter denied the writ.

I also don't see why people are more willing to believe in 'legal' documents from Kenya that they have never seen, than documents on file in Hawaii that they have seen a copy of but don't believe in.

It is just not rational.
DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak
I guess I'm going to have to go ahead and deny you and your ignorance sir, as Obama's fraudulent "birth certifcate" has already been proved beyond the shadow of a doubt to be a FORGERY:

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

Beyond a shadow of a doubt!

Please. The author's name is "Techdude"!
And they talk about all these alleged credentials "Techdude" has but offer absolutely nothing to substantiate the credentials other then word. Not even a crappy personal home page hosted on angelfire...

Not too mention this was blogged on my birthday!... not sure how that is relevant.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by Evisscerator

That proves nothing. His father was born in Kenya. He was born in America.

I don't think so, I think he was born in Kenya. i didn't used to but I do now

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Question - If the Supreme Court agrees to hear the appeal, wouldn't only be to determine if the lower court's ruling of no standing was correct/incorrect? If standing is granted wouldn't it then be returned to the lower court for trial?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

It takes time for an appeal to be decided on. In the world of the courts it hasn't really been that long since the appeal was filed. Plus you have to take into account that they don't necessarily update each case file online every day. It may have been decided on and they just haven't updated it.

Federal Appeal - How Long does it take?
The length of time from Notice of Appeal to argument (or submission) and from argument to a decision varies widely. Well over a year is common in some circuits.

The Supreme Court won't do anything with the case until it has been through the appeals process. So you're not going to find anything on their website about it until after it's been through the Court of Appeals, and even then it depends on their decision.

No worries about any rudeness on your part. I tend to overlook it unless someone is trying to put words in my mouth.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MAINTAL

Of course you do. You can't support any of your arguments, but as long as they go with the grain of hating Obama (and being a little crazy) then you are on board.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by MAINTAL

Of course you do. You can't support any of your arguments, but as long as they go with the grain of hating Obama (and being a little crazy) then you are on board.

Obama's reluctance to be above board and honest with just about everything about their is about that guy supports my argument just fine.

As for you mick, all you have done is tantamount to a board stalker following me around to spew your usual monosyllabic diatribe like the troll you are. I am over getting embarrassed for you and realize that to you, Obama walks on water and you are in love with the guy.

So trying to prove anything to someone I have already had to repeat myself when it isn't that you don't observe the evidence in support of any argument I may have, the fact is, YOU have your mind made up.

The last thing you will accept is being more confused with the facts

[edit on 14-11-2008 by MAINTAL]

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join