It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS petitioned for writ certiorari in Obama citizenship case, Obama to respond by Dec 1

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
Why isn't this thread in the "Political Conspiracies". The whole theory is so preposterous that it now requires an asinine amount of people to have intentionally lied or mislead the public about it. Even John McCain and Sarah Palin, who threw everything but the kitchen sink at Obama during the last few days, wouldn't touch this crazy theory.

I concur. I would even make the motion that this thread be designated with the HOAX label in the title.

I have not seen one shred of evidence that this 'motion' is still being considered by the Supreme Court.
origin.www.supremecourtus.gov...

No. 08A407
Title:
Leo C. Donofrio, Applicant
v.
Nina Mitchell Wells, New Jersey Secretary of State
Docketed:
Lower Ct: Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division
Case Nos.: (AM-0153-08T2)

~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nov 3 2008 Application (08A407) for stay pending the filing and disposition of a petition for a writ of certiorari, submitted to Justice Souter.
Nov 6 2008 Application (08A407) denied by Justice Souter.

Where does 'DENIED' mean that this is still being pursued by anyone?
DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Hawaiian officials have confirmed they have his birth certificate (which means he was born there) and that it is legit.

Who gave them permission to look at it and verify it? Is this routine protocol?

Does that mean anybody at the IRS or SS can look up my information anytime they desire?

Just sounds strange as to why they would want to get involved without anybody asking them to.

Could there be a possible agenda on their behalf?

Many questions, few answers... Makes for a great conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

What is the protocol for verifying a candidates eligibility? Haven't looked it up myself so I don't know.

McCain checked on his own eligibility prior to running, and that contributes to the concerns of those who are now worrying about Obama's eligibility. I wouldn't say it's a conspiracy of Obama haters so much as it is a general concern that only someone eligible be president. If I'm not mistaken, there have even been Obama supporters who have said that they would like to know for certain that the rumors are unfounded.

That's the whole thing though. I haven't inferred anything. I merely stated what I perceive to be the reasoning behind those who are questioning what is actually on the birth certificate. You can spin it how you want to, which you already have done, but I haven't claimed anything or inferred anything one way or the other about the whole situation. Perhaps you are reading things in that you want to see so that you have a reason to try to pick apart my posts instead of just accepting them at face value and accepting that they are my perception of how those still questioning see things. Hard to argue with someone who isn't actually arguing though isn't it?

I think it was in Political Conspiracies but was moved due to not having the best of sources. Too many people posting blog sites and claiming they were valid news sources I believe.

And McCain and Palin not touching this really isn't a valid argument since McCain didn't want Palin touching who Obama associates with either even though those associations can be proven factual.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree wholeheartedly with ya jam... it definitely reeks of a conspiracy aimed at what we call "Suing him in the press". Where by someone brings a lawsuit which is baseless just so they can get the headline and heap negative publicity.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

What is the protocol for verifying a candidates eligibility? Haven't looked it up myself so I don't know.

McCain checked on his own eligibility prior to running, and that contributes to the concerns of those who are now worrying about Obama's eligibility. I wouldn't say it's a conspiracy of Obama haters so much as it is a general concern that only someone eligible be president.

Where then is the general concern aimed at others? Why Obama?

This is simply "Suing him in the press". Nothing more. A conspiracy indeed.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Berg has filed his appeal. Cases don't jump straight to the Supreme Court after being dismissed, have to go through the appeals process.

Berg v. Obama

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well, in this case it is because McCain did check his own eligibility. There hasn't been any other cases in recent history where the president-elect's place of birth was questioned to my knowledge. That would explain why Obama.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Well, in this case it is because McCain did check his own eligibility. There hasn't been any other cases in recent history where the president-elect's place of birth was questioned to my knowledge. That would explain why Obama.

So you are claiming that Obama did not check his own eligibility?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

As I told Irish M1ck, I'm not claiming anything. Have I seen anything that says he did? No. Have I seen anything that says he didn't? No.

Good luck getting me to make claims about it though. That goes for everyone in this thread. I won't make claims about any of it because I do not know the full truth about it. Best not to make claims without 100% proof to back you up, that's my motto anyway.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Nothing from your link compels me to believe that the Supreme Court is considering this complaint at all.

In fact, I find the information to be contrary to what you claim.

The case was dismissed on October 24, 2008

Like I have said on numerous posts in this thread. Only ObamaCrimes seems to have any information (press releases) regarding the supposed date that Obama is supposed to show his 'proof'. No where on the Supreme Court's website is it mentioned.

Here are the scheduled arguments for Dec 1:

Monday, December 1

(1)
105, Orig. KANSAS V. COLORADO

(2)
07-581 14 PENN PLAZA LLC V. PYETT

No BERG V. OBAMA

Can't find any order from the Supreme Court ordering Obama to do anything.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2008 Court Orders
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2008 Court Orders
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2008 Court Orders
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2008

It is still my opinion that this thread is a farce, and that no one has shown definitive proof beyond press releases on ObamaCrimes from Phillip Berg.

DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Did you read my post? I said the original decision was being appealed. That does not mean it has been sent to the supreme court. It means it's being appealed in the court of appeals.

I've said all of that two different ways now.

edit to say: I even pointed out in my first post to you that it wasn't sent to the supreme court.. How was that supposed to convince you that it had when I said it hadn't?

edit again to quote what you apparently missed from my link

October 30, 2008 30
NOTICE OF APPEAL as to 28 Memorandum & Opinion,, by PHILIP J. BERG. Filing fee $ 455. Copies to Judge, Clerk USCA, Appeals Clerk and PHILIP J. BERG (BERG, PHILIP)

October 30, 2008 31
Clerk's Notice to USCA re 30 Notice of Appeal : (jpd, )

October 30, 2008 32
U.S. CITIZEN /VOTER GORDON A. STAMPER'S APPLICATION AND NOTICE OF MOTION TO INTERVENE AS A MATTER OF RIGHT FRCP 24, CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE. (jpd)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

As I told Irish M1ck, I'm not claiming anything. Have I seen anything that says he did? No. Have I seen anything that says he didn't? No.

Good luck getting me to make claims about it though. That goes for everyone in this thread. I won't make claims about any of it because I do not know the full truth about it. Best not to make claims without 100% proof to back you up, that's my motto anyway.

Oh... I get it, you are simply an instigator with absolutely nothing to add.

To the ignore list you go.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Oh... I get it, you are simply an instigator with absolutely nothing to add.

To the ignore list you go.

AWE I bet jenna is all broken up about that too.

There are some mitigating circumstances that were going on here FIRST that naturally would draw attention to the origin of his birth now what made this such a compelling argument isn't whether Obamanoids want to settle for the excuses given as to why he doesn't have to show his vaulted BC but that he really DOESN'T have any reason NOT to.

The fact that he REFUSES to when such mitigating circumstances surrounding the legitimacy of his COLB were brought forth has only exacerbated the levels of suspicion surrounding this issue.

Whether you think this is about hating obama or not or whether you want to make this anything else other than what it is is irrelevant as it only serves to make one wonder if it makes any difference to any of you if you found out Obama WAS in fact born in Kenya. I get the impression it wouldn't make any difference to you. Ill ask you would it?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Well maybe the SCOTUS DOCKET itself is proof for you?

Note the line from October 30 - Response Due Dec 1, 2008

No. 08-570
Title:
Philip J. Berg, Petitioner
v.
Barack Obama, et al.
Docketed: October 31, 2008
Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Case Nos.: (08-4340)
Rule 11

Oct 30 2008 Petition for a writ of certiorari before judgment filed. (Response due December 1, 2008)
Oct 31 2008 Application (08A391) for an injunction pending disposition of the petition for a writ of certiorari, submitted to Justice Souter.
Nov 3 2008 Supplemental brief of applicant Philip J. Berg filed.
Nov 3 2008 Application (08A391) denied by Justice Souter.

ETA: Just to be clear, the injunction was a different filing (08A391)

No. 08A391
Title:
Philip J. Berg, Applicant
v.
Barack Obama, et al.
Docketed:
Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Case Nos.: (08-4340)

Oct 31 2008 Application (08A391) for an injunction pending disposition of the petition for a writ of certiorari, submitted to Justice Souter.
Nov 3 2008 Supplemental brief of applicant Philip J. Berg filed.
Nov 3 2008 Application (08A391) denied by Justice Souter.

That WAS Denied

[edit on 11/12/08 by redhatty]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MAINTAL

If there is no reason for him to not show the vaulted BC to the public, then there is no reason for you to not. Personally, I wouldn't, but if you really want to prove your point, why don't you get a copy of it and put it online for us?

He has had the State Department verify it. Why does he need to show it to you?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
My Demands to Make This Debate More Intelligent

Someone answer these questions please:

• What is the claim? Is it that he is not natural born? Is it that he was born in Kenya? Is it that he lost citizenship in Kenya? Is it that he lost citizenship in Indonesia?

What is the claim? There has to be a claim or else what the hell are you here talking about?

• What evidence do you have?

• What does Obama need to do for you to be satisfied? Does he need to show the proper authorities his birth certificate? Does he need to show YOU his birth certificate?

Considering the state department of Hawaii has verified that Obama was born there, what else is necessary?

If you can't answer those questions, then you shouldn't be here posting about Obama.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I would love for those questions to be addressed in their entirety

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Yes, I hope these questions are answered because it seems that whenever one is addressed, people just jump to something else. Then, they end up jumping back to that topic. We end up just going in circles.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Yes because it's impossible to attempt to be impartial without being an instigator.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What Hawaii Heath Department did.

Fukino said she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

"Therefore, I as Director for the State of Hawai'i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai'i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures, Fukino said.

Fukino said that no state official, including Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama's certificate be handled differently from any other.

news.aol.com...

What Hawaii Health department website says.

A search of the records on file with the Department of Health will only be conducted to process an application requesting either a certified copy or a letter of verification. If the search establishes that the requested record is not on file, you will be notified that no record has been found. No searches of the records on file with the Department of Health will be conducted prior to or outside of the receipt of an application and payment of fees.

hawaii.gov...

Did They violate their own policy when they verified Obama's BC?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join