It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just submitted my petition!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I asked an old friend who I didnt realize was a member until recently. When I asked, he got real excited and offered to get me a petition. He got it from his father, a member since 1974. My buddy has been a member for about 25 years. They both sponsored me and signed the petition. I have known them both since about 1972, so I would think their opinion means something. They will present it to the Lodge this tuesday (11/13/08) And said a vote will follow approx 1 month later. As I have no skeletons in the closet, they feel all will go well and I can begin to proceed by 1/1/op or sooner. I'm looking forward the the next month or so. Excited, but a bit anxious at he same time.
I suppose some anxiety is normal?

[edit on 9-11-2008 by scooterstrats]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Maybe they'll hack your computer and find you here then tear up your request. Or they'll feed you disinfo to see you post it here. Or maybe the weed will ware off and you'll laugh at yourself for posting this. Any how if its all true i hope the best for you and do keep us informed. what is the group?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
We're obviously not talking about MENSA here, are we?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Sorry, forgot to mention, the Freemasons. If you dont like it, deal with it. smartass comments wont undo whats in motion.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Weed? What the hell are you talking about? Damn, going off-topic on the first response to the post.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
OK, now are you bragging about joining the Freemasons, or...?

Because if you are bragging about joining the Freemasons, you may have come to the wrong place.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Mate, while i'm glad to hear you're joining with the Freemason charity, this ain't the place for it.
This forum is supposed to deal with the conspiracies surrounding the Masons.
Don't worry about it, a few new Masons will post similar threads here, mods don't seem to mind so much.

There are plenty of good Masonic fellows here who'll be glad to answer any questions you have, though.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
Because if you are bragging about joining the Freemasons, you may have come to the wrong place.
Well, at least the wrong forum. Per the README at the top of the SS forum, personal progression through Masonry is a BTS topic and doesn't belong here.

That said, me and dozens of other Masons on ATS welcome you. (Just somewhere else.
)

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
"That said, me and dozens of other Masons on ATS welcome you. (Just somewhere else. "

Ok, where then? Not trying to stir up #e, but isnt this the Secret Society forum?

Where do I go then? Any advice appreciated! Mods, move if appropriate.
Sorry, remember, I'm new here....

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a secret society forum, sure. But this is for conspiracies, not discussing your membership. No worries though.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
"Bragging" about submitting a petition? I stated i did it. Please provide facts (not opinions) on how this is "bragging". Just curious...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The purpose of the Secret Societies Forum is to discuss the conspiratorial nature of organizations and members of those organizations that have in the past or currently are shielding their activities from the public at large. The means that they use to accomplish this and the purpose of their secrecy is the very essence of what is to be discussed within the confines of the Secret Societies Forum. Such discussion is regarding a conspiracy and is exactly what ATS is for.

What doesn’t constitute relevant discussion in the Secret Societies Forum:

Seeking membership in an organization. This can be accomplished in BTS Chit Chat. Threads of this subject will be moved.

Attempts to buy or trade ritual books. ATS is not a classified ad website. Posts/threads of this nature are considered spam and will be removed.

Degree progress. Once again, this is BTS Chit Chat material and threads on this subject will be moved.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So Chit Chat would be the place to say "hey, I joined!" while the Secret Societies forum is where you'll often find Masons defending Masonry from spurious attacks and spread disinformation to keep people from knowing what we're REALLY up to...
No wait. Really. It could be argued that there shouldn't be ANY Masonic threads in SS, because Masons don't have a conspiracy and we're not a secret society. But there are enough people who believe otherwise that there are usually at least a few active threads where we can jump in and try to set people straight with actual facts.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Ok, I'll buy that response, Again, I'm new here, so forgive my ignorance. So if it gets moved as appropriate, I hope I'm aware so i can follow it. Ya gotta admit, there's tons of info flying around here! (Good Stuff, too).
Here's a potentially dumb question regarding posts-Is there some sort of alert, email or otherwise, to notify when individual posts are responded to? Other sites have it, not sure here (remember, I'm new here!) Any info greatly appreciated!
Thanx in advance.

[edit on 11/11/08 by scooterstrats]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Yeah, the moderators are pretty good about informing people if they've moved a thread that someone has started to the appropriate section of ATS/BTS. They will usually U2U when they do this.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well, they didnt U2U, but i found it anyways. Thanks though!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
No more questioning of eachothers intelligence or drug references please guys. Much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Thanx Vagabond ! as a newbie, I was concerned about that.

top topics

join