It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to use executive orders for immediate impact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

I really dont know what he plans on doing. What about you guys?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I read somewhere that he was going to reverse Bush's policies on off shore drilling and stem cell research. IMO its a pretty good start.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Close Guantanamo. That much is for sure....

I think Obama should wipe them all.

at least 75% are suspect, but take your pick:
www.whitehouse.gov...

DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thank GOD!

This is EXACTLY what I want him to do.

I'm so glad I elected him President.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yea, I really hope he bans off shore drilling and gas goes back up to $4.50 a gallon or more. That would be awesome!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If he was any good, he'd eliminate all executive orders and as his last executive order he'd ban any further use of executive orders.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hold on, it doesn't say anywhere in the story about closing Guantanamo. All it mentions is Stem Cell research, local drilling and funding for some offshore abortion issue. Did he mention in the campaign a desire to want to close Guantanamo immediately when elected? And what is supposed to happen to the terrorists imprisoned there if they do close it?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
Yea, I really hope he bans off shore drilling and gas goes back up to $4.50 a gallon or more. That would be awesome!

Gas prices didn't drop because Bush lifted the restrictions. Remember Congress had to do the same as it was a 2-part deal, and I'm not sure if they ever did. In fact, I don't think Congress lifted the restrictions. The official explanation for the drop in prices was lower demand due to the floundering world-wide economy.

Still, I wonder how Obama plans to make his goal of "energy independence in 10 years" come true, at least from countries that are openly hostile toward us like Saudi Arabia and Venezuela if he doesn't plan on supplying the U.S. with oil from our own shores. Oil isn't going to go away in 10 years - that's a pipe dream (pardon the unintended pun). And for the 10 year goal to work, he's going to need all the help he can get.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by sos37]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Simple, he'll just ship them all to us here in TX. Put a fence around Big Bend, it'll be just like home for them. And think of all the opportuinities for new TDC guards

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
yea, it says that.

They are going to send one detainee from Guantanamo to live in the homes and under the care of registered Democrats. One detainee per household.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

SOS... thanks for clearing that up for us. I too heard that the decrease in prices was due to lower demand.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
yea, it says that.

They are going to send one detainee from Guantanamo to live in the homes and under the care of registered Democrats. One detainee per household.

Maybe they'll give them trials and send the innocent one's to our houses for some nice home-cooked meals. I would be glad to lend a helping hand there.

Isn't it the least we could do for them after locking them in a cage without trials for so many years?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Revoke the Patriot Act? Here's to wishful thinking, thus restoring the constitutional rights Bush has taken from us over the last 7 years.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Revoke the Patriot Act? Here's to wishful thinking, thus restoring the constitutional rights Bush has taken from us over the last 7 years.

I doubt it. You forget that Obama voted FOR the Patriot Act in 2006. It was a different version from the original that had three key changes.

Source: factcheck.barackobama.com...

Even after Obama has won, some of you continue to try to blame Bush for everything, don't you?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Aggie Man

I doubt it. You forget that Obama voted FOR the Patriot Act in 2006. It was a different version from the original that had three key changes.

Source: factcheck.barackobama.com...

/05/fact_check_obamas_consistent_p_1.php

Even after Obama has won, some of you continue to try to blame Bush for everything, don't you?

You just never know. At the least, I easily see him revoking portions of "Bush's Version" of the Patriot Act. Such a lovely name "Patriot Act" is...makes it seem as American as apple pie...where as, it is really quite the opposite. Nonetheless, Obama will be in office soon and he will have the majority of both houses behind him to revoke as much of it as the American people want him to.

EDIT: Of course Bush still gets the blame. Obama is only the PRESIDENT ELECT...Bush is still in power. Or did you not realize that?

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Aggie Man]

top topics

join