It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great " I AM "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have two questions that I am hoping some of you might be able to help answer , or should I say , offer up your opinion on the matter .

Did God create himself or did he always exist ? There are various beliefs , from numerology to the Kuballa that believe a higher power was brought into existence by first becoming self aware , then the creation of everything else happened as a cascade effect . What do christians believe ? Did God create him self ? Is that why God is also called the great I am , the term he would have used to create him self and the term he often will refer to as his name ie. when he spoke to Moses , as on example .

My second question , If God created other beings such as angles , is it fair to assume that they must be made of something ? How can something that is created not be made of something ?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

The word "God" is a man made concept.
Mostly as tool to defer responsibility and to avoid looking within.

So to answer your question No, God did not create him/her/it self.
Damn concepts.

[edit on 11/9/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If I could ask the creator one question and get a direct response that would most likely be the one I ask.Besides the question of why are we here that is perhaps the oldest question that mankind as ever asked.Its hard for anyone to think a time when nothing existed just as its hard for some of us to imagine that once we die thats it. The idea of nothing is is hard for my mind at least to get a grip on. And does nothing count as something........see what I mean.Scientist have a theory about a singularity that exploded and started everything if thats the case then where did it come from?Even they dont one have any theories for it as far as I know.Will we ever know where the being we call God came from.....when its all said an done I think we will.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Tricky63]

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
How can something that is created not be made of something ?

Because the only thing "god" or source ever created was hypothetical functional illusions. Just like video games or computer programs; they are real within the terms of their perspective.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the questions put forth to the OP .

Would I be correct in assuming that you are of the opinion that if " God " does exist that there is a good possibility that everything exists only in his mind ?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Lets just say its going on within the source, I cant say mind, because to me that means some sort of form, what the source is, is ineffable, it is what it is, and what I stated before, is about as far as I can see going with it, within the realm of describing things with words. Not to be mistaken, I do however firmly believe that the source can be deeply and coherently understood.

Its like, trying to use english to do math. Or like trying to verbally tell you my name in machine code. The "language" used to understand it, is not of this dimension. When we speak, we produce quite simple linear thoughts, when source speaks, it does so on infinite levels simultaneously, at the same time explaining the intricate interactions and interconnectedness of each detail within each level within each layer or grid of information.

Since your mind, or essence, or whatever, cannot be separated from the source, it only makes perfect sense that it can be understood, but not in normal 3d terms, for instance, its like trying to look at the entire universe at once, you cant do that with your eyes, because there will always be space behind you that you cannot see. Your eyes are stuck inside the universe. Similarly, spoken language is VERY limiting in what and how it can explain things of such a different nature. The "inner eye" however is not limited to what it can see, or experience or understand, although it can suffer the limitations set forth my mental filters of what is supposedly possible.

These thoughts go along with a concept called macrocosm microcosm, the idea that every point in the universe contains every other point in the universe. Every point is a miniature version of the universe it is a part of. Combining this philosophy with meditation is how I came to what I think.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The "Conversation with God" books are one of the most thorough explanations of God IMO. Check them out if you haven't already.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hi ...Max_TO...

nice questions that I have also ask myself

this is not going to be easy to find the right words to answer you
though I will try my best ..speaking from my own realisations
my own truth

"Did God create himself or did he always exist ? "

God ...the "Divine being"

Does not know of it's existence
For the great "I am"
In it's being of ...that...( I am)

Is one with all ..."I am all that I am" >>>Oneness
And there for oneness has no other reflection
nothing in the mirror to see

oneness means to be (No other)

"How can something that is created not be made of something ?"

Thought is the great creator ...

Angels exist with in the realms of the mass human psyche
The same as all the other mythological creatures
And what ever you can imagine can be found within our psyche dimensions

What is real is that which you and I can sense ...as in
taste, touch, smell, see, hear

There is also a sixth sense that cannot be totally explained (intuition)
And this is a sense that the body picks up ...
It senses something yet cannot explain it's knowing to the thinking mind
Sort of a knowing that knows yet does not know how it knows

Anyway angels hang around in the psyche and people with a heightened psychic ability are able to connect much easier to this realm and yes
they do report that they have been speaking to angels

when a person dies they also pass through the psyche and this is how the people who have had near death experiences come back with stories to tell from being in this alternative state of consciousness
and in this altered state ...angels do seem to be very real indeed

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Good Question. How about this? Do you remember a time you didn't exist? Answer that question, and you've solved the riddle.

Peace

[edit on 9-11-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Would I be correct in assuming that you are of the opinion that if " God " does exist that there is a good possibility that everything exists only in his mind ?
It's one option... particularly useful in the Tommy Westphall theory. (We're all in the imagination of an autistic child, living his his snow globe.)

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Mankind and Man, yes most of them think they are so great. I know they have had some near 200-300 years of evolution here on earth. They are just like idiot children, teenages, that think they "know" it all or can understand. So they go about arguing circular logic points or asking questions as if they think they might be able to understand. Too many don't even know yet how to wipe their asses correctly.

Is it so hard for mankind as a whole and man to assume there might be something byond their ability to understand?

Urantia Book.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Your assuming that God isnt real. God isnt something that you can prove/disprove.

To answer the OP's questions.
First I believe that God has always been around as it says in revelation 1:8:

8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

I dont think that we can go and talk about what he is made of and how he came to be simply because we dont know enough to talk about this. And honestly, how much do we even know about our own universe? Not that much in reality. We have theories, but nothing in stone.
Personaly I dont think we should worry about stuff like this until we find ourselves talking to him face to face..... then we can try and understand.

top topics

join