It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gears of War 2 Dirty Disc Error?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I posted the one above this.
As an update, I turned my console horizontal instead of having it standing up vertically and it seems to work for longer periods of time.

It's definitely sounding like the optical drive in the system.
Just not able to read it that well and I think by it being vertical makes it even harder to read.

Anyone else have theirs vertical?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
my friend has a brand new xbox arcade console and he was having the same problems. his temporary solution to the problem is he bought a hard drive for it and copied the game to the hard drive and now he doesn't have the problem anymore. xbox was offering a hard drive upgrade program where you can get a 20gb hard drive and a 3-month subscription to xbox live gold for $29.99 for those who have an arcade console but i believe it expired this past weekend. maybe you can call microsoft and have them extend the program for you if you tell them that you're having this problem. hopefully they'll have a permanent solution to this issue though because this is just ridiculous. good luck everyone!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i HAD the same problem..i had just bought my 360 arcade and my GOW 2 and i kept getting a disc unreadable, when doing online multiplayer..Then i got a 20 gb harddrive and since then i have not had that problem. ..its weird..the harddrive fixed everything no bull#..

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join