It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gears of War 2 Dirty Disc Error?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have the same problem ,my xbox arcade the other one premium got rrod twice and died.So a month ago i bought new one got GoW2 and banana cant read the disc ,with fable 2 sometimes it freezes the game happened few times.By the way im from Europe

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
same problem. brand new xbox right out of the box. brand new game. this sucks.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If you have a hard drive install the game on it and run if off the hard drive. I have the same problem with the arcade. It plays every game expect the gears of war 2. I can play the gears of war 2 cd on my elite with no problem.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
ive never had a problem with my xbox 360 until i bought gears2. picked up the game the day it came out and played for maybe 2hrs, then didnt get to it for a couple days, but the next time i popped it in i got a disc unreadable error right after epics intro video. So after many restarts and cleaning the BRAND NEW disc i returned it to gamestop. one of the people who worked there also had the same thing happen so they didnt even check my receipt they just exchanged it. so once again i went home and played it and it worked fine. played for like 3-4hrs then didnt pop it back in till last night, like 4 days later. and i got the same FREAKING ERROR. so i got all pissed went back to gamestop and they exchanged me again. I havent put it in yet cause i dont want it to # up again. i read somewhere that using the new dashboard (i havent upgraded yet, will be doing here in a day) you can copy a game to the hard drive. and this is a possible fix for this issue. the guy at gamestop told me it was probably my lens going out. but why just this game?! every new game i buy works just fine! every old game plays just fine! but not gears! WHAT THE HELL! im gettin pissed but hopefully downloading the game will solve this disc read error. please if anyone has a fix, oh im gunna buy a lens cleaner just to try cleaning my "old" lens, i hope it works!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It's only happening with the newer xbox360 systems.I have a friend who works for MS here in San-Jose Costa-Rica.He told me it's a problem with the newer chips CPUs MS installed into the new systems.If your system is older than 3/08 then you can't play Gears 2 without the errors poping up.He said MS will not address this issue neither will Epic.He said it will ruin sales of the system near the holiday Season.He said sometime after Christmas their should be an update if your lucky.Just goes to show you it's all about the money.First i get a ring of death now this.Thank you Microsoft.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by schism85

Had my Xbox for over a year - problem free

Bought GoW2 played it from the date it came out and yeaterday - dirty disk error....?

Now all my games don't play. Isuspect the drive was damaged playing GoW - too much power and GoW don't "store" info to the system when it plays, it reads from the disk constantly -

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilReMz81

Whats up man I know your gona love this. So the other day after having the same problem myself and after tryng 3 discs on my Arcade console I was informed by a member of staff at GAME (UK computer games store) that they have been hearing this quite a lot and said that Gears of War 2 has to install itself onto the hard drive so therefore obviously youll need one of them (which i dont have) but anyway I bought a 60 GB harddrive for £60 it came with 3 months live pass and a wired headset and another thing it worked great with no problems. so yeah the solution is buy a harddrive. just another page from microsofts bull# book.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thats most likely the problem the constant disk reading it just cant keep up with the game play. Two day old 360 arcade and third gow2 disk same problems.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Same problem. GOW2 worked fine first day i got it. day later it says dirty disk.
Disk cant be dirty. all other games work just fine. I have 2006 model 360 and just got it back from XBOX (repaired red ring of death).not even a month later this happens.
Depending on who you talk to Xbox says its the game or they say its the dvd reader.
They want me to send it back. GREAT! another week or two without my games.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
Any new thoughts on this matter?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Same here. Returned xbox360 from rrod. Disc unreadable.

Called xbox support and told me to do the disc replacement program ($20 + shipping!!)

I don't understand why I have to get stuck paying for a defective product?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
haha i thought it was all the same people posting too at first. but yeah haha i have the same damn problem. i think the arcade's dvd drive sucks, i noticed it takes a bit longer than other 360s to load games. i bought a copy of gow2 and exchanged it and they both didnt read at all. it just gives up and says open tray. i definitely think its a problem with the ARCADE console. but then again i havent tired the discs with another console.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
i've had old xbox Zephyr for past 2 years. when gears of war 2 came out i bought the same day. played without any problem. then i got RROD and when i bought the new system arcade version lot number 843X , when i played gears 2 i got disc unreadable, please clean the disc with a cloth or restart the system. tried it couple time i had the same problem. in 2 days i got that message about 5 times. my fren has old xbox Falcon chip and he has no problem with the new gears. so i am thinking maybe it is because of the new DVD system on the xbox. cause i play call of duty in there for hours and i have no problem what so ever.
anyone come up with a solution as of yet??

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
yes my disc is doing the same thingggggggggg.
i luckily hired my discs before buying, and pretty much brand new discs with no scratches from the video store dont work on my xbox.
i havent even had the satisfaction of playing half an hour of it.
it will only play the start of the movie before first level then cut out half way through and say "clean disc error"
the video store keeps telling me i need to download an update, but doesnt the update automatically come up when you load disc with xbox live profile??
absolute balls.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
wow theres loads of people on here with this problem. Pretty much same here. bought gears of war 2 and played fine for 3 or 4 days. Then certain parts of the game started to get disk read errors. this eventually spread to all parts of the game and now my gow2 disk is 100% unplayable. No matter what part of the game i play i just hear the drive powering down and presented with the highly depressing disk read error. I should also note that ALL other games play absolutely fine and my gears 2 disk is pretty much immaculate. what the hell is going on????

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
On my fourth copy of gears of war 2 from target. still getting the error.

switched out the system once already too.(arcade)

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Something is really wrong HERE.
Brand spanking new Arcade and GOW2 disk. Played for first 2hrs and all good,then freezes and cuts out with Disc Dirty error. Now does it repeatably!!!!!!!.
Farcry2, can play fro hours no problem

Someone need's to stand up at MS and provide some DAMN answers real Quick!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I got the same problem, but my disc has a bunch of ring shaped scratches on the back. It's too neatly scratched to of been me who did it, but I think it's because I bought the limited edition set and the game disc was on top of another disc and the disc on the bottom scratched the game disc as it was being twirled around. Anyone who has the limited edition set will know what I'm talking about. (They will know what I mean by the disc on disc thing).

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

My GOW2 is causing my system to freeze and it started to do that after I got the "parting gift" and "around the world" achievements, i think by coincidence, but I can't play it anymore cause it messes up xbox. I get 1 red light and E71 error. Had to remove HD and reconnect it to get rid of error. Checked the error code and get 1013 which is an unknown error. GOW2 is the only problem game, other games work fine. HELP HELP HELP

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Has anybody tried installing GOW2 into your HDD using NXE before? Does it work better from there or something? Do I still require a DVD to play when I installed games into my HDD using NXE?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join