It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gears of War 2 Dirty Disc Error?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I haven't had the RRoD yet. I have been playing Saints Row 2 for hours at a time without a hitch. Same thing with SH Homecoming, and Dead Space, they play fine. I am hoping that maybe it was just a fluke with this game. If not, I will probably send it in to get fixed, and hang on to it untill it goes again. But I still want a PS3.

The faliure rate has dropped from what I hear. With the falcon chip, it is supposed to generate less heat. And they are supposed to release them with a new chip called Jasper, which is supposed to make them run even cooler.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Wierd. When I look at my disc, it has lines on it to show its overheating. However it still works fine. WTF?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
My copy crapped out on me last night almost seven minutes into the tutorial, and I picked it up from Gamestop. Anyone else having problems with disks from Gamestop, or Target, or anything like that?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
People, I am having the same problem but my disk is fine. One time i actually connected to a public match from matchmaking for like 10 minutes and then the game disconnected from the match prematurely. I brought gears of war 2 for the online play and i can't even play it. I have a new version of the 20gb xbox but its not me in fault it must be their servers. I think they cannot handle it because they released the game globally on the same day, whatever the problem is Epic better come with the answer and fix this quick.

Epic are losing popularity and credibility over this... snakes.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wow, GOW was one of my favorite games. I couldn't wait for GOW2. Now after reading all these frustrated posts I'm glad I haven't bought it yet! Better hold off till the skies clear...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Iam super pissed about it. I saw the little remote control GoW 2 tanks at best buy, and Iam even more pissed off now.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
yeah i just had my first problem.
pro version xbox.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This started happening about a day after i completed story mode. I have premium not core/arcade

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I have a year old elite falcon mb 360 and played for hours all week. had two randon freezes mutiplayer while in the dashboard, and then once in a match. ( when I can get in to one, take s like ten minutes ) Today I was online and waiting for the match to start and looking at gamer cards in the dashboard and it froze. Froze again right when i got to the gears of war screen. Froze again the next time right when I tried to join a multiplayer.
I reset and deleted the cash on the hard drive. Tried again froze. Tried without the hard drive, froze. Tried a single player without the drive played for 5 mins, froze. Popped in call of duty 4 played for 5 mins without a hitch.
The only reason I kept my xbox was for gears of war 2 anfd now I cant even play it. Looks like Ill be platyng resistance 2 , it has better mutiplayer so far anyway.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It would seem that its a saved game error, ive heard that if you delete the game file from the 360 it may fix it, but i have yet to try this and when i get a memory unit to move it over to i'll reply if it works or not.a

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
DELETE YOUR FLASHBACK MAPS I think that might be the problem

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i have the exacy same problem keep up complaining guys maybe epic will spill....

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have one of the first xbox elites that came out. I also bought an acarde system a week ago. I notice that I can play gears of war 2 on my elite for 2+ hours with no disk read error. I put it in my arcade an it gives me the disk read error every 30 minutes or so. I also play gears of war 1 on my arcade for 3 hours without any problems . I also noticed that other games work on my arcade with no problem. Could it be that the arcade system skips a certain spot while reading this cd? Hopefully Microsoft can come up with an update that fixes this problem. I am sick and tried of putting this game in and out of my xbox arcade. I would like to add that I have the limited edition and the cd is crystal clean.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm getting the same problem with gow2, im on my 2nd copy and know theres no point taking it back because the replacement wont work neither. So like erm...wtf?

And yeah the woman at blockbuster said to me 'we've sold 90 and no other complaints'. Im like so f**king what...this is a complaint..

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
same problem here. I have the 360 arcade too but i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've already taken it back once, but i think next time i go i'm just gonna say screw it and get call of duty world at war.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have an Xbox 360 Pro and i still have the random disc unreadable for GOW 2. When it happens is when im gathering teamates and then heading to start the game. It will load and then ill see the the screen go black and then the right panel will open then it wil say " disc unreadable" try to clean it. It won't happen all the time, but it will probly do it once or twice a week. Its getting annoying. I love the game, but i think no one expected a freaking obstacle like this. I had the same problem with Army of two, when it came out. Then there was an update for it. Then after that it never did it again. Ill i can do it hope and see if there is a way to fix it.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I had this same problem. I have one of the older 360s (I think premium) and I purchased Gears of War 2 at Walmart because Gamestop was closed at the time. I kept getting the unreadable disk error about 30 minutes into the game in campaign and multilayer. My 360 worked fine with every other game I had, so I was almost sure it was the game.

After VERY closely inspecting the game disk, I found a small black spec inside of the plastic near the center of the disk. I tried to remove the spec by buffering it, but I had no luck and ended up ruining the disk. I went to Gamestop, which I think just got a new shipment, and I purchased a new copy. The new copy was perfectly clean and has worked fine for hours.

If you are having this same problem, you might want to inspect your game disk closely or exchange it out for a different copy that just arrived at a store near you. By the way, that spec was really hard to see, but it was there and it wasn't just a scratch on the top of the DVD image.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Replying anon because its easy. Same problem here! On my 3 rd disk from game stop. They play for awhile then can't be read. All my other disks play fine. This Suxs! Game stop?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Played Gears of war 2

No problem
no dic error

also i have the limited GOW2 (Gold gun one)

and i have had 2 Rings of death and 2 repairs last year

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join