It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gears of War 2 Dirty Disc Error?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm having the same issue. I have been through 3 GOW2 disc's all from the same store (Best Buy) My XBOX is also 1st or 2nd generation, so I dont think its just the new arcade vesion? Someone suggested I try clearing the cache on the xbox 360. Down below are the instructions in doing so...good luck!!

Clearing the cache on the Xbox 360 is a fairly simple process, and can be useful if the system seems sluggish, unresponsive, or you just need to get rid of a game update (for whatever reason).

The most important part of clearing the cache is knowing what to expect. All downloaded game updates will be removed. So if you have downloaded an auto-update for a game, in order to play it on Xbox Live you will need to re-download it.

User game saves, profiles, demos, videos, etc. are not deleted during the process.

Clear the Cache on the Xbox 360
To clear the cache on the Xbox 360 do the following:

Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.
Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Same with me, and some times when I get to the start screen it says the disc is unreadable. It's starting to get really annoying too.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hi - I havnt been having this issue with my version (GOW2 limited edition), however I suffered from another issue - the disks are stuck stiff in the case on the centre clickers and you CANT click them out. You have to weave them out slowly, and thanks to this crappie inconvenience I broke my game disk. Im gunna take it back and show the shop (with receipt) and get THEM to try and remove the disk. I really do think that the centre clicker for both disks is faulty in some way, because I have a game with the same centre clicker and you can easily click it down. Would love to know if anyone has experienced the same issue.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hello all, I only get a disc error whenever I start a mulitplayer match on the "Ruins" map in the game, this happens a lot of the time, but on one occasion I got the map to work and was playing on it for quite a while, then the next day when i booted the game up and tried to play on the "ruins" map BAM! disc error, i dont know whats going on but i hope that the NXE installing games feature will fix there disc error issues. Also do you think that a patch released by Epic or Microsoft will fix these disc error issues? cheers!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Schism, if you got an extended warranty on your xbox, contact microsoft and send the xbox in for repairs. I had this problem and sent it away for repairs, then I had the "ring of death" problem with the red lights and sent it away for repairs again. Since then I havent had any problems at all

Are all these anonymous posters the same people?

Its bizzare to see so many on one thread :shk:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

yea i have been having the same problem man. right away i played multiplayer with my friends, while searching, it froze and said disc is inreadable. then today, when playing online, my tv screen got grains and discolored. im really pissed off and i cant do anything about it

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I said the same thing to myself. I think they are all mostly different people. At least they all have seperate stories. I have never seen so many anons in one place.

My xbox is brand new.
I can't believe there is already a problem.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Same thing is happening to me. All other games work fine. Im posting anon because I dont to take the time to create an account just to post this.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schism85

:my xbox is brand new.
I can't believe there is already a problem.

Yeah doesnt make a difference....mine only lasted 3 months before i had that error, then another 4 weeks before the ring of death. But the only way to fix it, is to send it back to microsoft for repairs....give em a call

And good luck

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am on my 2nd disk and both didnt work. I have a Xbox Pro, from about a year ago. MY QUESTION TO EVERYONE IS WHAT STORE DID U BUY YOUR DISK AT I BOUGHT MINE AT GAMESTOP.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
my arcade is about 2 weeks old. I only got it for gears of war 2...and it doesn't work! I sent it to be cleaned and formatted my buddies old hard drive and it seems to be working 100% now for some strange reason.Still i think if you can live without gears of war get yourself a ps3,these types of problems are not as common

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
i have a first gen 20gb model (pre-HDMI) and I'm having disc read problems on campaign. it usually happens about 30 min into the game. I tried replaying the same areas over again, and the problem doesnt occur at the same time/place in the campaign storyline. I havent tried co-op or multiplayer yet. i was gonna try to get a replacement from gamestop but since everyone else is having problems with their replacements I wont bother. my 360 has never experienced the 3 red rings, and all my other games play fine.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
same here, new xbox arcade, i played all through campaign fine but online gives me a disk read error right when im about to start a match. and now my disk has some scratches on it and its never left my xbox

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i have a core version.. its over a year old..all games run fine. gears 2 worked fine the day i bought it. played for 3 hrs straight without a problem. the next day it worked fine as well when my brother was playing it. that night when i booted it up it gave an error like "if u want to play then insert the disc in a xbox 360 console".. wtf.. after numerous ejects and retrys i got in the game then disc read error.. after 10 mins of eject and errors i got into the game again and played fine for some time.. this has become recurring problem for me now.. cmon MS fix this asap

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
There's a very easy solution to this problem, don't buy a 360! They are pieces of crap. The Wii doesn't have a red ring of death problem does it? Neither does the PS3 or a good gaming computer. And the original Xbox has plenty of great games and it won't burst in to flames.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

I agree with you Gamergal. If you look at my threads in my profile, you will see why I bought an Xbox. It was to replace my PS3 when its blu-ray lens failed on me. So I said to myself, I can't wait untill I have $400 to play a video game, so I sold my broken PS3, and bought an X-box 360. Believe me when I say this, a PS3 is on my X-mas list, and I will sell my Xbox asap when I get it. The price difference is the only thing that sold me at that moment.

And no, I have never heard of a Wii bricking before, but it is just too much exercise for a gamer like me.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Thanks Iam sure I will need it. I hope mine will hold out untill x-mas, and I can just sell it.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is a serious problem. this game is awesome but it is so frustrating to play for twenty minutes and then randomly, it just stops working. I just got the x-box arcade less than a month ago and I have gone through two copies of Gears 2. Its not a problem with what hard drive you are using, but from what I am hearing I think it may be a problem with the newer x-box systems. Microsoft and Epic need to figure out what is wrong ASAP!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by schism85

Thanks Iam sure I will need it. I hope mine will hold out untill x-mas, and I can just sell it.

I actually thought they had started producing xboxs without the problem now. Maybe its just here in Australia...but most the people I know havent had the problem at all, I was just unlucky

Anyway I got mine fixed, but I guess the PS3 is the way to go if you dont wanna have to fix the problem....I just like the games on xbox too much

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join