It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this bible verse does not mean what I think it does!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

The problem is you say a whole lot but never offer any really evidence. That is part of making claims after all.

anyway: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But on personal experience, my experiences of Christianity have just been bad. The religion was pushed on me from an early age by people who thought it was ok to indoctrinate the young. Then reading the bible, I found it was all pretty ungodly. Then the historical facts just don't do it any favours.

[edit on 11/10/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If they are all contrary in beliefs then they are not truth ...

All that link is a mixture of religions all balled into something we have today .
Interfaithism .

They say all paths lead to heaven (insert whatever way and whoever you desire to believe in here)
We say there is only ONE WAY ....JESUS

They cannot all be the truth can they ? They are contrary ..

If I give you directions to my house ..there is only ONE road that will get you to my door ...all other roads take you to many other places and you will not find my house ..
That is not being silly is it ?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
If they are all contrary in beliefs then they are not truth ...

You still don't understand what the phrase 'true religion' means. Perhaps 'real religion' would make more sense.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Corrections there are more then one way to your door. It all depends on where you are located. And one dont have to take a road to get there.

The only fact is that your "door" is on one side of the house. In the end you have to be on the right side to find it.

Religion is all about believing. In my opinion it is all about common sense. Your thoughts , knowledge and common sense is the highest value and is what grades your belief and truth about religion. Someone else's opinion should be heard but looked into not taken as a fact. Its all about makeing up youre own minde and not letting others do it for you.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

The problem is you say a whole lot but never offer any really evidence. That is part of making claims after all.

anyway: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But on personal experience, my experiences of Christianity have just been bad. The religion was pushed on me from an early age by people who thought it was ok to indoctrinate they young. Then reading the bible, I found it was all pretty ungodly. Then the historical facts just don't do it any favours.

[edit on 11/10/2008 by Good Wolf]

Well your right ...I have no evidence other than my personal experiences .

And I did not get it pushed on me so I suppose thats why I did not rebel against it so bad ..
I actually watched my family live the opposite of Christ ...(Drunks,shootings,hate and anger) ....which led me to look for a better way .....(I heard God as a child when he said he made all of that beautiful Alaska ) but I did not try to find out about him till later ..
I did attend Sunday school a few times ..then stopped ..then years later went back ..then stopped ..then this last time was IT (about 25 or so years ago)>I still did not attend much church ..I wanted to FIND HIM the real him according to his word ..not according to the Church peoples ..>.I just told God I was tired and hated what my life was all about ..I was sad ..depressed ..and hated life ...and I cried to him from all my heart .. ...I was beaten and abused and used and molested and raped (once)..and I HATED being alive if all I was gonna get was HURT >>...
I gave up my life that day .and dug into the word and searched it out and prayed and waited patiently for him to show me and to see who Jesus was and what was he about and how can I be like him ...(I became obsessed actually ) ....and now I have a much better life ..in the LORD JESUS and him living within me .......he leads my days and holds me in the nights ..and no MAN ..no person has touched me since .....in a bad way ....not one ...(sure I know my day to die will come someday and then his hand will be off me because that will be my day that is appointed for me to die) ......
I am safe ...I am happy ...I am content with whatever I have ..even if it is nothing ..and all I want is to be with him .and feel his love which is REAL and does not even compare to what love the world has shown me ......he is all I need ..my search for love,peace and happiness is over ....

I know it all sounds stupid...but if you could have been there and been me you would know it was true ..

My Mother and I changed so much so drastically that my Athiest stepdad gave his life to the Lord too ..just a few short months after my MOther and I did ...he said whatever happened to us he wanted some of it too ..
*this was after three months of him getting all mad and using the bible to show me where whatever we had been reading was crap ......every night I just kept my cool and spoke soft and carefully went through it with him together ...and one day he was not mad sitting there waiting with bible in hand to come against it ...but was crying and wanted to know Jesus Christ .

He was never the same after he prayed and asked the Lord into his heart .He got down into that word and sucked it up after that ..and changed daily from mean and mad to the most beautiful careing loveing guy I have ever met ...
he was awesome ..even when he was dieing a slow painful death ..he had a smile on his face and was thinking of JESUS because Jesus had touched him in a way that no one else could... >

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

People all over the world in every religion go through that kind of stuff. That is why personal experience still doesn't constitute evidence.

Though I don't recall asking for your testimony, it hasn't anything to do with the thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Remember this was old testament before Jesus came to die for our sins. People lived a very strict code.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There is only ONE ROAD to get you to my house ...on a map ..........
All other roads go to someone elses house ..

Why did you think it says this ?

Jhn 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Jhn 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep
Jhn 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Jhn 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Jhn 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
Jhn 10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
Jhn 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Jhn 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

And the most important scripture of all
Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, [even] by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
(He is the head corner stone of this spiritual temple (which is us ) a living temple unto God ..through the head corner stone Christ Jesus) .(other men who have come and gone who claimed to be prophets and gods etc are not a head corner stone ..neither have they been risen from the dead and is now alive living within those who BELIEVE in him and is alive forever more and is coming back again he says .to receive those who has called and is preparing to be as his own personal peoples who love to know him and love to believe in him and walk the way he asks them to walk doing the REAL will of the father which is to LOVE and to..(and I believe him) .....) >>>>>>>>>all others are dead and gone now ...their words are dead ..the Lords words are alive WITHIN YOU >...ALIVE ..(posessed by the Lord Jesus Christ) the opposite of posessed by demons .....

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
(NO OTHER NAME under heaven by which men can be saved ..none )

Ok sorry I am yakking away again and not saying nothing ...sorry Wolf ...
I am done now ..
going to check out the other threads now.. ...and see whats going on with Obama .
I wanna know where he fits in to all this end times business...

PS ...I would ask whoever wants to answer ...
What is the alternative ?
All those other ways nothing is really offered to me but some mumblings (Chants) and some meditation and a tad bit of positive thinking ..........which those who I know who do that has no real peace and nothing really changes in their lives ..(I have been watching ) .....
The way through Christ is he wants to give me a free gift (GRACE and MERCY) and wants nothing from me ....but me ..which was his already anyway ....we all belong to GOD no matter what we may think ...
So I am his ...and all I did was give myself back to him ...And through him he has helped me make a lot of changes in my life and my life is better ...
And much happier than those people doing the mumblings and chantings and rosaries etc ....and all I do is THANK HIM DAILY and PRAY FOR ALL people to know him .......and read the word so I can know him even better and be as much like him as possible in this human body ....

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Just remember the Bible was written by man, Jewish man. Not God.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

WoW this is a strong story. Not so far away from my own. But i was only beaten to hell never raped. But bad just the same.

I didn't start to believe in God until i was about 30 years old. It all started with a discussion one Easter with my friends. I just sat and listened to them argue. And i thought God they know a lot about religion. They where talking about religions as if the knew the real facts. But then i started to read a bit into this my self so i could get my own opinion on this Mather. I didn't just read the bible i also did some reading on creation and science. And entered discussion forums to get some input. A lot of this didn't add up for me. The only proof we have of God is earth and the human words put into a bunch of books. And only well respected scientists that only have theories about creations and no proof. My common sense told me that nothing can come out of nothing, there has to be a creator of what ever started all this. What else is logic ? Even though the bible is confusing God makes more sense them anything else.

When your looking for the truth about God you have to leave the roomers of god outside the box. When you read the bible you have to see past the words and the text. The text in the Bible tels you more then just one message. Its more then just a plain text about Jesus and what he is doing. Its a lot like a guide of common sense about human thoughts and knowledge and primitive actions. Jesus is constantly telling us the meaning of right and wrong. And we humans are always asking and testing Jesus up against our own rules and actions. Because we think we are following Gods way by living by our own rules. We think our rules are the really meaning of God intention of human life. We are confused by over own way of life because we have been thought life from our fathers and him from his father. We are in fact born into a system made up by humans not God.
You are even thought human rules on have to interpret a text form a book. Thats maybe a reason why so many dont get it right. Because you mesure your logic up aginst other thoughts on the subject, thoughts made by peopel with great minds. But we forget to remember that they are just jestures made by someone else a long time ago it dosent make it a fact. Maby thats what jesus was trying to say as well.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
[Though I don't recall asking for your testimony, it hasn't anything to do with the thread.]

Your right you didnt ask ...but that is my only proof ...my life and my own personal testimony ...and maybe someone out there did want to hear it .
Maybe not ..but who knows ..besides my testimony is not that short lol ..there was WAY MORE ..so I spared you a bunch of it ....be thankful lol

Proof may not be found Wolf ..

It is by faith that we believe .
Hbr 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hbr 11:6 But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Amen ....I agree with everything you said especially this ..

[When your looking for the truth about God you have to leave the roomers of god outside the box. When you read the bible you have to see past the words and the text. The text in the Bible tels you more then just one message. Its more then just a plain text about Jesus and what he is doing.]

As far as what I have been through that is only scratching the surface ..like I told Wolf I spared him most of it ...whew ...I have to relive it every time I tell it all and I dont really like that part ..I am over it all ..but is so much two books would not be enough room to tell it all ...

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

All those other ways nothing is really offered to me but some mumblings (Chants) and some meditation and a tad bit of positive thinking ..

Thats an extremely ignorant view of all the different religions out there.Just because you don't believe in them doesn't mean you should belittle them.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It means exactly what it says.

Now here's the punch line: Acknowledge the bible is full of human psychosis. The truth will set you free.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You do not say what you think the verse means, but I suspect that you are shocked at man's inhumanity to man as it is described. If that is the case, yes, it means what you think it does. Life and people were hard back then and genocide was an acceptable solution along with many captive women to breed with and enslave. Everybody had them or wanted them and this could be the root of the "do unto others before they do unto you" philosophy. The old testament is a written version of oral traditions and describes how people lived. Remember that it is only the part of the story that has been written down and was recopied with unknown accuracy many times after humanity had the ability to write. No one knows what the original stories were like or how many were lost before they could be written down. This exemplifies the danger of reading the Bible literally rather than allegorically and explains why the simple and uneducated folk claim that the earth was created only 6,000 years ago.
There are phrases like "crush the heads of your enemies' children" in the Old Testament that contrast nicely with "love thy neighbor" in the New. Ignore those inconvenient details when you can but use them when you want to make a point, much like the televangelists and the Devil can "quote scripture for their own ends."
The bible is a guideline for living: it shows how you must live rightly and the rewards you will accrue when you do. It tells you that your body is only a container for your soul and that your soul is immortal. It says that the Christ sacrificed himself for you so that the sins of your forefathers [such as those in the Old Testament] would be wiped from your soul and you had a do-over to try again. It says that if you accept Jesus as your savior, you will be saved. Some don't understand that that acceptance might mean living with the same philosophy rather than a public declaration followed by a dunking and then, safe in the thought that one was saved, reversion to the same evil dissipations during the week and grandstanding on Sunday and PTLing around.
For more on man's inhumanity to man, read Camus or fight a war.

[edit on 11/10/2008 by pteridine]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hey Wolf I found something on those tablets if your interested

Yet, in addition to the examples of the Greek manuscripts of the New Testament documents that have been mentioned, we have the Chester Beatty Biblical Papyri, containing eleven papyrus codices, three of which contain most of the New Testament writings. The first contains the four Gospels and Acts and was copied between A.D. 200 and 250, the second contains the letters of Paul and Hebrews and was copied at about the same time, and the third, which includes the book of Revelation, was copied about 50 years later.

Another discovery consists of some papyrus fragments dated not later than A.D. 150 by papyrological experts, which consists of fragments of an unknown gospel and other early Christian papyri.

An earlier fragment, the John Rylands Fragment, dated on paleographical grounds around A.D. 130, is a papyrus codex containing John 18:31-33, 37-38, which was found in Egypt in 1917.

The papyrus Bodmer II, written about A.D. 200, contains the first 14 chapters of John with the exception of 22 verses and portions of the last seven chapters.

Frederic C. Kenyon, who was keeper of manuscripts in the British Museum, wrote:
But besides confirming the . . . authenticity of the canonical books, the new evidence tends to confirm the general integrity of the text as it has come down to us. . . . The interval then between the dates of original composition and the earliest extant evidence becomes so small as to be in fact negligible, and the last foundation for any doubt that the Scriptures have come down to us substantially as they were written has now been removed. Both the authenticity and the general integrity of the books of the New Testament may be regarded as finally established.
www.grmi.org...
More at LINK

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

And what?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Stand

It means that their Jews. They don't like inter-racial relationships. Jesus hated Jews and the Jews hated Jesus. So he formed a gang and took over the town until one day his boy narc'd him out.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
OP wanted to know why. Here's why.

When the Sanhedrin was planning the death of Christ, they reiterated the belief that it is better for one man to perish than that a nation dwindle in unbelief.

The entry of the Hebrews into the Promised Land required purging of the sexually immoral civilizations that worshiped other gods. This is on the order of the Flood, only done by men. God is consistent in the OT --- he removes the evil to prepare a place for his servants.

In the NT, he focuses on evil by sacrificing Himself, rather than sacrificing you and me.

Christ also removed the evil to prepare a place for His servants. We call that place Heaven. The evil was removed by the sacrifice of God's son.

Who paid the greater price? What would you do, if you really loved your people? Wouldn't you want them to grow and prosper without evil?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The bible claims that the snake is the creator? Can someone confirm this?

That would correlate with the reptiles screwing around with our DNA. And all the serpent stuff in religion/history.

The bible is a blue print for the enslavement of the human race.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join