It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this bible verse does not mean what I think it does!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

are you serious thats the name of the antichrist you idiot, you saying your the antichrist by choosing that name ? i wouldn't believe that anyone that reads this

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
who knows he could be but just saying one of the ten commandments was no murders so im pretty sure he would follow the ten commandments if he layed them out in front of your eyes, literally.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Simply, has it ever occurred to you that these are not God's actions? That perhaps this isn't a representation of God's activities and that the people who assume that they are God's actions are actually engaging in Bibliolatry.

People who believe that their "Eternal ever-loving good God" actually did this seem unable to distinguish the bible from God. Everyone knows that the bible was written by man, and some believe that it's creation was influenced by God. No matter how much or little God may have influenced the bible there is a reality you have to realise.

Just because the bible says that God did something, doesn't make it true.

This is why when people say "Because the bible says so and the bible is divine truth" they are wrong- how wrong is debatable, but they are just wrong.

[edit on 11/10/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i do not believe that i believe the bible was written for divine purpose, but was written by man so everything that was said was written by sinners man, but for divine purpose god

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

jesus had 2 a biological and a spiritual dad biological being king david and spiritual being too holy of a name to say, and no it doesn't mean what you think it might mean.

David had sex with Mary?

I think i know what you meant.And,as i said in a thread of mine;

The genealogies of Mary given in the NT have no bearing whatsoever on Jesus' bloodline as the Jewish Scriptures clearly state that a person's genealogy and tribal membership is transmitted exclusively through one's physical father.(Numbers 1:18, Jeremiah 33:17)

A further problem is that Joseph was a descendent of King Jeconiah,who in the Hebrew Bible was cursed to never have a descendent "sitting on the throne of David and ruling any more in Judah" (Jeremiah 22:30).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The Stand

check out william bramleys gods of eden, its a sweet read.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akashic
First off I'd like to say that I do believe in a single creator of all things. That being said I would like to provide you with a grain of salt and a link to the death toll in the bible:
dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com...

I dont think you can take any book as complete truth nor do I think anyone on the planet follows even half the laws in their holy books

Hmmm, seems that this God fella is a mass murderer, whilst Satan gets all the crap, i don't think he ever killed anyone... Am i right?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
God told Moses to send in the troops to "Go to war" and slaughter these people, now Balaam had the children of Israel to sin a great sin, and caused God to send a plague among his people, the Isrealites, the sin was sexual in nature, so when these "little boys" came as spoil, they were slain, and also the woman that were not virgins, as they had known sexual IMMORALITY, and God was not going to allow Sexual immorality into his Nation, as the Jews were meant to be a light to point other Nations to God, Israel was God's Holy people, and wanted their Nation to be the example to all the Earth. So God had to erradicate these boys & woman, so that the Jews would not learn their ways.

So instead of learning whatever immorality a 2 year old boy might teach them, "God's People" learned it is moral to kill 2 year old boys.

No wonder the IDF take so much pleasure in shooting little Palestinian kiddies.

No wonder Bush could call the dropping of cluster bombs on Iraqi children a "Crusade."

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Stand
reply to post by Epsillion70

Thank you for the thought but what do you think this verse means? I would like someone to clarify this for me to make sure I understand and am not confussed.

The verse means exactly what it says dude, pretty bloody repugnant eh ?

Obviously you have'nt yet got around to reading the rest of the horrors in the bible.

Here's a nice litttle vid to help you on the road of reason

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yes Wolf it has occured to me ...then I looked around at man and found that if indeed God created us and we are in his image and we do those same things ....which I can see reasons for war (even though I do not like war) I can see reasons for justice (Which we have a justice system ourself that even has a death penality etc) ........I came to realize that it is not to far from being the truth .......

I can also see a world that is out of control and wickedness is right and goodness is wrong ...light is dark and dark is light (Everything is being twisted to being opposite of what it was intended to be) that there has to be an END to this MADNESS or we will all just kill eachother and we ourselves will destroy eachother and our planet if a divine being (which is God in my opinion) will have to intervene ....and change the course we have set for ourselves *(because of our own free will we free willed ourselves right into self destruction) ......

So something has to be done ....and the bible explains what and when and how it will be done ..and I believe it .....

I am sorry if you dont .I have been reading as much as I can from mankind to see what he comes up with and what I see is FAR worse than what God has in mind ..(TRanshumanism,melding man with machine,making pills that could make you live forever(which wont work)making clones,corrupting the natural order of things,dna altering etc etc ..which is nothing more than creating more DRONES with NO SOULS and no CONCIENCES ..(which we have now in the minds and hearts of cold hearted selfish mankind)....but have yet to come up with anything that would work better than just burning the fields (saving the wheat first ) then burning the tares (those who have corrupted and destroyed etc ) and starting all over ...(Like the FLOOD) ...
Only the bible says this will be the LAST TIME .........

It all makes sense to me ...and I am not sure why it does not make sense to you or others ..maybe because your giving man way too much credit and not enough credit to the CREATOR .............

Serving the creature of man and ignoring the creator GOD ....
just like the bible says ..

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

If I am wrong in believeing there is hope for us and the bible was all a lie then so be it ..I guess I will be tossed into the pile of corpses who refused to allow all the Scientists to use me as a experimental mouse ...for their vain glory ...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Well all that is highly debatable, but it is irrelevant.

My point was addressing the fact that if God influenced the writing of the bible, then man has misrepresented him (it would be impossible not to) therefore it was not God (considered good and just) who endorsed that awful evil and unjust things in the passages mentioned in the op.

How you say "the devil is in the details?"

[edit on 11/10/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think that in the Old Testament, God was a bit selfish and didn't want you worshipping any other before him and he made sure that happened. He wasn't merciful. Then Jesus was brought into the world (New Testament) and died for our sins, then it became OUR CHOICE (not forced) to walk with God and be saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. If you read the Old Testament, alot of it was changed through the love of Christ (New Testament) from what animals are "Clean" or "Unclean" and sacrifices....

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Stand
After reading the bible and some other very interesting books, I have been contemplating that the bible may have been a plan to take over the world physically, mentally and spiritually. A lot of verses seem to imply harm to anybody who does not think like this god wants. Other verses I do not even want to think about because they make me sick as to think god is telling these people to do what I think he is. For example, what does this verse mean? Numbers 31:17-18 “now kill all the boys and all the women who have had sexual intercourse. Only the little girls may live; you may keep them for yourselves.”

[edit on 9-11-2008 by The Stand]

You know what that verse means. As for it being part of a larger plan, I doubt anyone was thinking that far ahead back then. They only wanted to conquer the area they knew about.

Now however, the Ashkenazi Jews have revived the old belief in being "the chosen ones", and I believe they are working through false flag terror attacks, manipulation of American politicians and coercion of Forign countries to do their will, to take over the world.

There is a God who is good, but you find him with your heart, not with the Bible.

There is a Christ spirit who can be your friend and your guide and your support; you can find him with your heart too.
If finding him is difficult, remember his words, "whatever you do for the least of these my brethren, you do also unto me."

As far as you can, be a stand-in for Jesus, remembering his humility when he washed his disciples feet, and, for Him, take care of people who are in need of help.

Through doing this, I seem to have been given a blessing of being able to feed people. Although I've often been poverty stricken, and for some years had to eat out of rubbish bins, whenever I felt I needed to feed someone, there was good food on hand for them.

True wealth is having something to give.

As for the Bible, there are some beautiful things in it, well worth reading.
But much of it is merely retold fables and badly remembered (or revisioned) records of an arrogant and bloodthirsty theocracy.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I do not know too much about that verse, but the Bible does predict a time when someone will arise and take over the world-the infamous antichrist, and he will kill as many christians as he can find.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Bible, Holy Qur'an, and other Scriptures are all portions of a bigger book that governs life throughout this cycle of time. These books take control from certain people and give control to others, because that is precisely what they are designed to do. It's not a bad thing. It's not a good thing. It is what it is. When understood in the context of this cycle of History, it becomes evident and easy to understand.

The methods used by the Lord we call YHWH dictated that the "Rule Book" or program be written a certain way. His helpers needed justification for their actions. As humanity ascends to a higher level of consciousness, we will understand that Scriptures have been a tool of the wise since time immemorable. Along with that useful wisdom, you get instructions in ways to behave - that depending upon a civilization's behavior can be like a time-bomb. It's magnificent when you think about it. Someone writes a Program that's sweet as candy, but has something in it that will make you kill yourself under certain conditions.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

Well all that is highly debatable, but it is irrelevant.

My point was addressing the fact that if God influenced the construction of the bible, then man has misrepresented him (it would be impossible not to) therefore it was not God (considered good and just) who endorsed this awful evil and unjust things in the passages mentioned in the op.

How you say "the devil is in the details?"

How is it irrelevant ? Yes man does misrepresent God ..which is why we have such a mess in our world today ..
War and murder and mayhem started after the garden ....which was from disobediance ...Cain killed Abel ..(which was from jelousy).that was the first violence that happened ..God did not tell Cain to kill Abel did he ? And it escalated from there didnt it >?
And yes there is a devil and a bunch of fallen angels and ungodly men (who allow the demonic spirits to control them) in the details ....I mean look around you and tell me what you see .... .
And then tell me that there is not still some very GOOD DECENT careing people around .(who are the minority right now for sure) ..there are .(These are those who GOD chose for himself he dwells within them through CHRIST JESUS and the HOLY SPIRIT he sent to live within us until he comes) so he sees them through because THEY LET HIM (they allow Christ within so that they will become pure in heart ...which is what most of mankind is not ..especially not anymore )....how will they be preserved if God does not intervene ? They wont ..they would eventually be corrupted AGAIN would they not ?
Which is why the bible says this ..
Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

You know that I detest what alot of supposed christians do in his name Wolf ...they are not doing what the bible tells them to do ...they are not listening to that bible at all or they would not be doing what they do in his name ..

The bible in the NT has no words that tells man to go and kill thy neighbor ..
We are supposed to be a more modern society than what was back then .
That is what I follow ..what Christ asked us to do ...because the Father GOD handed it all to CHRIST JESUS he is the HEIR to the kingdom for the FUTURE KINGDOM where they will learn war no more ..no more pain ..no more ungodly men posssesed by satan and no more satan to frustrait Gods
plans for the future of mankind ..

Slaves came out of Egypt and went through lands that were inhabited like (Wild Indian types NOMADS) (Do some research on these tribes and I bet you will see it then) ........they were heading to a land that GOD set apart just for them ..to call their own land ....those NOMADS were not peace loving law abiding citizens now were they ? ...and they gave the Israelites nothing but trouble as they passed through those lands .

Think about America ...it is really close to what happened then .
We came here out of slavery from the Crown (Britian) we came to a land where there was land for all to live on ...as they stepped off the boats and surveyed the land ...wild Indians fought them ...and yes they had to fight back to survive ..even though there was plenty of land for all to live on ..there was no reasoning with these wild Indians ..eventually they did ..thank God ...

And if all of that had not happened ...America would not exist as it is ..And we would not be living here ..neither would we exist ...Israel wouldnt either ...
Was it the right thing to do ? I dont know I guess that would depend on how you looked at it wouldnt it ?

I can see though that when NOMADS (and wild Indians) ...get territorial and resort to coming at ya with spears and knives etc ...when your just there to share the land ..than I can see why we (Americans) had to fight back ...Cant you ?

If you would read the whole couple of chapters from the time they left Egypt you would see they had to pass through NOMADIC tribes that some were peaceful (there was no killing them ) and some were not ..they would not let them pass through ..what would you do when your on your way to your promised land over yonder on the back forty ? Your gonna do what it takes with whoever stands in your way ..In this case in the bible it was the NOMADS who were savages (of course with the devil in the details trying to frustrait the plans of GOd through these wicked people) .......and they refused to let them through the land ...

So tell me what would you do on the way to your new land given to you by your father if this was you and your people and you were in their shoes and Gods shoes ?

You know some of the men were afraid to go into certain camps .....when they went to see what was in front of them ..they saw wicked giants who were canabals ..they said to the Lord ..no we cant go ..they are mean and they will eat us .So God told them go I will be with you you will win this battle ..so go ..
www.blueletterbible.org...
Num 13:27 And they told him, and said, We came unto the land whither thou sentest us, and surely it floweth with milk and honey; and this [is] the fruit of it.
Num 13:28 Nevertheless the people [be] strong that dwell in the land, and the cities [are] walled, [and] very great: and moreover we saw the children of Anak there.
Num 13:29 The Amalekites dwell in the land of the south: and the Hittites, and the Jebusites, and the Amorites, dwell in the mountains: and the Canaanites dwell by the sea, and by the coast of Jordan.
Num 13:30 And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.
Num 13:31 But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they [are] stronger than we.
Num 13:32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, [is] a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it [are] men of a great stature.
Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, [which come] of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight

The Israelites faced savage peoples to get to their lands .
Similar to what Americans faced when we came here ..
(Although it was not our land in America ..back then thats what all peoples did ..there was lots of land for all ..but peoples are greedy and want the whole enchilada) ...........and they are territorial and wont even let you pass through to get to your own land ...the land promised to you from your father ....

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is a sample of the wrath of God. The Miidianites defied Gods will.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
"There is a God who is good, but you find him with your heart, not with the Bible"

well said!!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join