It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this bible verse does not mean what I think it does!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonrat
For crying out loud. When will you knuckleheads finally understand.

God and all religion is a man made concept originally created to control illiterate uneducated people by the threat of fear and everlasting damnation if they dared to stray from their political masters plans for the social construction of society.

It is the earliest example of political manipulation that is recorded in human history.

It is solely a method to control people who are too scared to think for themselves.

It has nothing to do with a fictional deity that might hold benevolent views toward one particular 'tribe' and malevolent views toward another. Think about it. Why would an all encompassing and wise creator sanction pain and violence against something that it allegedly made and cared enough about to kill itself (violently) for?

It wouldn't.
It isn't logical.
It goes against nature.
There is no God.

Ok listen ...go and read about the Pharohs of Egypt (Babylonian Texts)
Were they not the first leaders (Kings) of this world >?
They had no BIBLE to lead mankind around they used MYTHOLOGICAL STORIES of Ancient demi gods etc ...which the Pharohs said were incarnated into them and they they are now the gods on earth ..which was why the people WORSHIPPED them ..and not GOD of the universe ...
The texts where your getting your info from are the texts that has brought man in bondage to mankings since the beginning and even unto this day people say dont give us GOD ..but give us KINGS instead .....
...The bible from the beginning tells man DO NOT SERVE MAN or Idols ...Men are LIARS .....serve GOD ONLY >.and it also tells all about those mythical gods ...(BAAL etc) and that they ARE NO GODS at all ....they are IDOLS made with HANDS .....and the PHAROHS claimed to be godmen on earth ..
Do some research ...

The bible (OT)was not even written until AFTER the children of Israel (who were slaves under Pharoh ) .....the Israelites even learned the ways of the Egyptians (The Golden Calf they erected) and they wanted leaders of men to tell them what to do because they obviously did not believe too much in God either .
Even after all he did for them when bringing them out of Egypt ..they still COMPLAINED and even wanted to go back to the ways of the Egyptians willing to become slaves again ...

So how can you say since the beginning that men used the bible to control men ...It was MEN who controlled men before the BIBLE came around ..

Do some digging in the Babylonian texts .There was no ONE GOD spoken about in those texts there were many MYTHOLOGICAL STORIES of many demigods ..(Who are I believe those angels who fell and satan himself) .
Those texts were written with the help of satan that is for sure .......

MYTHS OF BABYLONIA AND ASSYRIA
CHAPTER I
The Races and Early Civilization of Babylonia
www.sacred-texts.com...

Read the whole thing ..I dont think you will regret it ...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Hi,

Unbelief leads to a hardening of the heart which leads to a reprobate mind . Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

It certainly can; as can being overly sure of one's own status with God.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
God did not create mankind, mankind created God.
Religion is false.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Human beings have been running around, #ing, fighting, gambling, killing, drinking, laughing, smoking, crying and generally getting up to all manner of miscreant deeds for a couple of million years or so.

The concept of God was not of any apparent worry to them.

Then, about two thousand years ago, a wise arse decided to call himself the son of God, and was predictably executed.

About six hundred years ago, a new God, Allah, appeared on the scene. And, as we all now know, Allah is the only real true God and everyone who believes otherwise should have their throats cut.

So.

Who is correct?

The advocates of Jesus or the advocates of Allah? Both of whom encourage violence against each other whilst at the same time trying to convey peace and goodwill to all mankind.

Or is it all, as I believe, a crock of #e?

And as far as all of the crazy bible bashing God squad nutters that frequent this site are concerned, I can appreciate that you are all too far gone and brainwashed to want to entertain logical thought, and can therefore never accept reality for what it really is, and have to cling to your unreasonable conclusions, but please, do not suffer us enlightened people with your perpetual attempts to peddle fairytales and lies to people who know that true happiness can be found in the peace of ones own spiritual conclusions. We don't need to be subject to your inane rantings, and I, for one, will never entertain any of it.

If you like reading bibles, read them in a #ing church.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

gold star for you

yes its a 1 liner but hey i can deal with that why cant you?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by moonrat

your dates are a little off

judaism 3500 years old roughly
christianity 2000
islam 1400

there was a lot of gods prior to this but they were more fun and allowed all the drinking smoking and generally getting up to all manner of miscreant deeds

most of the miscreant deeds had thier own gods to thank while doing it

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.I.B.
reply to post by GladTidings

That almost sounds like a gospel of fear-mongering, with the threat of hell looming over another, or coercion. What ever happened to the Good News gospel that includes Jesus' promise that all he did we can do and more?

The "good news" is that our sins r forgiven

Hell is not made 4 ppl, it is made for the devil and his angels
This is y Jesus made a way 4 us to b saved
and after all He went through to save us if one will not accept it there is nothing else He can do to save them. He will not violate our free will
so even though He doesn't want anyone to go to hell, if they insist He will sadly ablige.
4 anyone who is interested in the theology of redemption, the book of Hebrews is really good and spells it out really well.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Really! Blimey, whoever they are must be fair negotiator. Ah well, i stand (sit) corrected!

spikey

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Yes. I know.

I was being 'general' about the time and date thing, but it was the concept of man manufactured religions I was alluding to. But at least you can understand what I meant.

Lots of others won't. And they will all quote the bible when they attempt to argue with me.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Ok listen ...go and read about the Pharohs of Egypt (Babylonian Texts)
Were they not the first leaders (Kings) of this world >?
They had no BIBLE to lead mankind around they used MYTHOLOGICAL STORIES of Ancient demi gods etc ...which the Pharohs said were incarnated into them and they they are now the gods on earth ..which was why the people WORSHIPPED them ..and not GOD of the universe

Except for Akhenaten.

In fact you should probably try and research a thing called 'biblical plagiarism'. Lots of interesting things to be found there.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GladTidings

Originally posted by L.I.B.

That almost sounds like a gospel of fear-mongering, with the threat of hell looming over another, or coercion. What ever happened to the Good News gospel that includes Jesus' promise that all he did we can do and more?

The "good news" is that our sins r forgiven

Hell is not made 4 ppl, it is made for the devil and his angels
This is y Jesus made a way 4 us to b saved
and after all He went through to save us if one will not accept it there is nothing else He can do to save them. He will not violate our free will
so even though He doesn't want anyone to go to hell, if they insist He will sadly ablige.
4 anyone who is interested in the theology of redemption, the book of Hebrews is really good and spells it out really well.

The Oxford English dictionary spells things out really well.

You might want to consult one in the near future?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

They were silly creationists who when the light on knowledge was shone on their ignorance and their perceptions of evolution eviscerated, they changed their tone to a genuinely knowledge seeking one.

It was a good day.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by moonrat

the problem is there are people here who read only as far as the first statement that isnt 100% accurate or they consider wrong and then just ignore the rest without looking

well im bieng optomistic there are people here that will just ignore the whole statement

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonrat
reply to post by noobfun

And they will all quote the bible when they attempt to argue with me.

yeah, that would b me
His Word is life

“ For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower
And bread to the eater,
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55:10-11

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Creationists will always be.

If they could understand knowledge, they wouldn't be creationists.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GladTidings

Firstly whenever one goes to post on ATS they see this at the bottom of the page.

Please avoid using "TXT Messaging Shorthand" for words when posting on AboveTopSecret.com and AbovePolitics.com, such as "4" for the word "for" or "u" for the word you.

Now on to the point. Jesus has done jack all for us. He wants to save us from thins so bad that they are uncomprehendable, and all he does is appear in a 1800 year old book of fables that is arguable all bunk? Surely if he was a good guy he'd put the effort in to see everyone individually instead of leaving a book that tells people to forcibly brainwash themselves into believing and in doing so, putting aside rational thought.

Also there is no such thing as free will. Everything has a set outcome, even our brains adhere to a script called the categorical imperative which dictates how we think and act.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

id say its unfair to call them silly creationist( i wasnt there so cant judge accuratley)

they were just poorley educated and quoting verbatim the crazyness they had been told, the moral is be nice to creationists and teach them all they can cope with

unless they are people like tgambill then you can point laugh and call him silly all you want

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by moonrat

Indeed. Those that can understand knowledge cease to be creationists when accept science and reject anti-intellectualism (I had a whole very successful thread on it).

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

ok more apologies...no more shorthand

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Well, you should no better.

The very fact that you refuse to even entertain my atheist point of view demonstrates that the unfortunate people who are enslaved to religion are enslaved to religion because they want to be.

If you aren't curious enough to question who you are, you might as well just fall of a #ing cliff.

Let some rubberhead tell you what to do for the rest of your #ing life. Good #ing luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join