Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Quick question on the reason for visits...

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Somebody please answer this question for me. If aliens are in fact coming here, why would they travel hundreds even thousands of light years to reach our planet Earth and not do anything? I mean every once in a while we get some good evidence but never any concrete stuff, like you see in the movies. If they actually do visit our home, logic says if they're willing to travel that far through space they would try to contact the planet as a whole...any thoughts?

[edit on 9-11-2008 by txblues]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

If aliens are in fact coming here, why would they
travel hundreds even thousands of light years

Why do you assume that they travel hundreds or thousands of light years? They could be be teleporting. They could be time traveling. They might occupy extradimensional space within our own solar system.

Next, even if they do travel hundreds or thousands of light years, why do you assume that this is not trivial for them just because it's impractical for us? You as a human can easily book a flight thousands of miles across oceans. It's not a big deal. But it would appear to be a big deal if you were a housecat. Or a gnat. Or any other species on this planet without access to the technology humans have.

and not do anything?

Why assume they don't anything solely because you haven't seen the sort of activity that you would expect humans to perform for other humans? Try to imagine a tagged whale trying to explain to other whales his "abduction" experience?

logic says if they're willing to travel that far through space they
would try to contact the planet as a whole

Whose logic? And why?

Humans routinely travel hundreds and thousands of miles in boats, dive the seas in scuba gear and submarines...and yet I don't see anyone trying to make wide and formal contact with plankton or mudcrabs.

And...those few and rare humans who do try to communicate with ocean life, like people who experiment with dolphin communication, generally only contact a few creatures. They don't go looking for dolphin councils and establish full time embassys.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by LordBucket]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Buddy, im not trying to argue with you...keep an open mind, i am and i appreciate your thoughts. I just want to see what people think about this subject.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Perhaps the aliens have their own reasons for coming here which me may or may not understand.

But it seems to be in their own interest to keep a low profile, I think they are doing what is best for them and not what we would like them to do.

If they did land on the Whitehouse lawn can you imagine the chaos it would cause, especially for the established religions.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
cool post, it just allowed me to have another abstract thought..

maybe, just maybe, if theirs something out their, they know that they aint going to get here in a long long time, or without having to use alot of energy..... so who's to say they are not waiting somewhere patiently for out solar system to come near so they can pop in for some tea and biccys

after all, everything is moving through the galaxy, universe, space (multiverse and so on).

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Nobody really knows the reason.One thing I would suggest is not to use movies as an example of cut a dry answers.Also try to keep an open mind to the fact that we are not being visited by aliens.The best youre going to get here is speculation and theories that sound right to the ones that hear them.
For example if we are being visited based on some accounts there are many different types of aliens that are coming here.If its true then they are perhaps different motives.Some could be scientist some could be hunters or zoo keepers checking in on their pets so to speak. Some could be other humans form different parts of the galaxy or universe checking in on their brothers.As another poster said they may be time travelers from this world.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by txblues
Buddy, im not trying to argue with you...keep an open mind, i am and i appreciate your thoughts. I just want to see what people think about this subject.

I do not see LordBucket trying to ARGUE with you in any way......he is giving you thoughtfull answers to the questions you have posed. It seems to me that his mind is vastly MORE OPEN than your small boxed in view of how things should be......if your really wanting to see how people think about the subject then you should be paying attention to the information he is handing you on a silver platter instead of wrongly deciding he is somehow argumentative.

I am curious as to how you KNOW for a FACT that concrete evidence has not been found? Maybe that information is just not been acknowledged or made public......do you think that might be possible?................do you truly believe EVERYTHING known on planet earth is fully disseminated to all the masses and we the people already know all there is to know about everything happening on the planet now and in the past?
I tend to think MUCH is hidden...........

I go to the local MUFON meetings in my city sometimes and the information shared at such meetings is profound and thought provoking......have you ever attended a MUFON meeting?..............if not, maybe you should as that would be a place to learn some things that might be different than the things you glean from the internet. I am sure the information you can find online from all kinds of experiencers is valid....and I am sure that much disinfo is mixed in with it all to muddy the waters.......
I think you need to be more open minded to the types of things you will hear that are valid, such as the very thoughtful answers kindly given to you by Mr Bucket without knee jerking and going on auto pilot and misunderstanding what he says and calling it some kind of 'argument'

A very thought provoking document.....that just MIGHT be the reason of the ~WHY~ the visitors are doing what they are doing, and the ~WHY~ the governments of this planet are behaving as they do, is called THE TERRA PAPERS.......its an easy read but oddly weird....so don't give up till you read all of it, to see how that might settle into what you already think you might know....
Here is a link to THE TERRA PAPERS.......
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wish you MUCH LUCK in finding answers.......just keep in mind the answers you find may not be what you wish them to be, but that does NOT make them somehow less valid.

The more I have learned about all this, the more uneasy I am about it.......and Ive come to the conclusion that in the case of alien visitation ignorance truly IS bliss........but ignorance will not work as a shield or a weapon if the time comes for human beings to fight for this planet we think of as our own.....

[edit on 9-11-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So does anyone know how Obama will fit into this ?
Which group of aliens is he from ?
Will the aliens still come even though Obama is gonna change everything ?
I read the thread about the Plaedians (sorry cant spell) ..
And was just wondering what if anything will Obama being president change concerning the plans of the aliens who are coming ...and also the plans of the reptillians who the plaedians claims is running our world right now ?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by txblues

Originally posted by txblues
Somebody please answer this question for me. If aliens are in fact coming here, why would they travel hundreds even thousands of light years to reach our planet Earth and not do anything? I mean every once in a while we get some good evidence but never any concrete stuff, like you see in the movies. If they actually do visit our home, logic says if they're willing to travel that far through space they would try to contact the planet as a whole...any thoughts?

[edit on 9-11-2008 by txblues]

Well.... if you had the opportunity to travel from way over somewhere else on the earth to deep into the jungles on another continent, to go see a rare priceless treasure, with a small trusted contingency, forwarned that there are many unknown dangers and possible hostile residents to be avoided in the villages surrounding the place---would you my friend, bust in on thier tribal meeting in your jeans with and your gear and say, "HI!!!"; considering, this is someones kingdom you yourself and most people know next to nothing about, as well that in this scenario your very trip stinks of breaking and entering into without permission, secretly, as a means to go look at something somewhere you thought would be really neat.

I mean, if they are not here to talk and don't speak the language----then why would they?
If their purpose is not to confront the world openly--then this explains why they have not.
Then and again, look at the reception.
We to them are that jungle village of canibals that those jungle tribe people used to be to us in all those cheezy PBS documentary specials.

It makes perfect sense.

Besides,
Aren't we always jumping to conclusions and shooting down things we don't understand, and hungry for technology by any means. Do we care for thier life as a life? What do you think is their impression of our maturity? Is it possible they have responsibilities and even families to go home to that might make their business--whatever it is--cautious? Maybe they are just picking up exotic animals for zoos--or dropping some off via their catch and release programs. (j/k)

My thoughts anyways.
They don't because we won't let them, because when and where it matters to your concept, governmentally, we may have tended to be a bunch of backwards, uncivilized, selfish vipers-- for whatever economic or power reasons those may be.

new topics

join