It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be, the best soccer player in 2008/09?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Who will be, the best soccer player in 2008/09? Everyone have several shots like Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi, Kaka pheraps...
I think will be Cristiano Ronaldo, but my opinion could be a little obvious...because i'm Portuguese..

But what do you think?

[edit on 08/15/2008 by IvoAlmeida]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IvoAlmeida

Yeah I'm pretty sure C. Ronaldo will win the Balon Dor' and/or Fifa world player of the year award.

But to be honest, I think Casillas (GK of Real Madrid and Spain) deserves the Balon Dor' because he was great in Euro 2008 and did well in La Liga by winning the Zamora.

I really hate Messi
:bnghd:

[edit on 9/11/08 by Majorion]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Do you know what? I hate him too.. lol but i don´t know why...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Not to go off-topic Ivo but, did you play Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 yet?

I just got it yesterday.. they've really made it weird this time lol

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Nooo
I would like to play it... but i just have my old playstation 2 and also my old PES8... Is it sad hein? ...:w:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You should really get a PS3 dude, they are more affordable these days and almost everyone I know has it.

Pro Evo 2009 is much better than the crap they put out last year. They finally licensed Man UTD, Liverpool and Champions League.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Wooowww... Man.United and Champions league... must be addictive..

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
100% Cristiano Ronaldo.
No one line, just succint

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, We were right! He won! lol

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I know I`m not answering your question, but to me there is only one player that has remained unsurpassed.

Diego Armando Maradona.

I wish there was someone like him in 2008/2009

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
kaka , messi and ibrahimovic
C.Ronaldo sucks

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
I know I`m not answering your question, but to me there is only one player that has remained unsurpassed.

Diego Armando Maradona.

I wish there was someone like him in 2008/2009

He should be good.. i have never seen Maradona playing... only in replays and stuffs like that lol

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IvoAlmeida

I think will be Cristiano Ronaldo,

Yes, I would agree with that. I believe it will be Ronaldo, cause he is the best footballer as it is anyway! I highly doubt it would be Kaka though, although I am a fan.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
How long have you been a madridista? Since the most overrated player of all time and diving extradonaire came to town? Kaka was great two seasons ago and prior to that but the knee injuries and professional fouls that most if not all teams pulled on him over the past few seasons have wrecked him. I only give him a few more years at the most. Last season he won us a few games by doing his usual byline dive in the penalty box but beyond that he didn't do much.

Also Ronaldo is a #. Most people look at his pretty little crossovers and proclaim him as the best player in the world. Really? has football really gone down that low? Yes he is fast, has a great kick and is pretty to watch but he is still a #. Considering United and Chelski outsource their relations to either the US or Africa / Asia eh I won't go there. No offense but it pisses me off. Now that they are both in Madrid god knows how many billions they made off kit sales and merchandise, all of the Untied fanboys have switched teams. Sir Alex did the right thing though. I won't worry though because they still can't beat Barcelona.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I agree with C. Ronaldo, but even though he is a great player, no doubt, I still think he doesnt have the love for the game as many of the great players like Pele and Maradona had. I think he plays mainly for the money. But thats just mean.

"If you're not a Manc, you're a wank" I love that line!

top topics

join