It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this an Indication of Future Presidential Advisors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Is this really what we have to look forward to as far as Presidential Advisor's go?

Iranian President Advises Obama on Domestic and Foreign Affairs
Friday, November 07, 2008

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is advising President-elect Barack Obama that he should move forward with "fundamental change" – not just in foreign policy, but in U.S. domestic policy as well.

Friday’s Washington Post reprinted the letter, in which Ahmadinejad congratulates Obama on winning the Nov. 4 election.

The Iranian president then goes on to lecture the President-elect:

CNS News

Troubling to say the least

Semper

[edit on 11/9/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well... What can I say?

While the letter didn't necessarily say anything that I disagree with, to take advise from the likes of Ahmadinejad is like listening to the voice in your head that tells you to rob a bank.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Is this really what we have to look forward to as far as Presidential Advisor's go?

Troubling to say the least

Semper

[edit on 11/9/2008 by semperfortis]

this isn't troubling man, this is reality.

You can clearly see that this guy is not some extremist terrorist. He is everyone of us. We would all probably act in similar fashion if we had his hand in luck. Now obviously its going to be interesting to see if mr. obama will have a response to this, and I honestly hope it is a favorable response.

There is nothing wrong with spreading love and kindness.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Considering during the Primary Debates, he all but said he would nuke them, Mike Gravel pointed out what he was implying was he would nuke them. And the Speach he gave to the Jewish Committe after he sewn up the Democratic nomination. He is at least publicly taking a hardline stance against Iran. Especially if you are to believe his chief of staff is a 'zionist', like some say.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So are you equating unsolicited advice in the form of a letter sent by another world leader to advice given by someone to whom Obama selects as an adviser on policy matters?

The title of this thread is sensational and misleading at best.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I would just like to point out the ridiculousness of this thread. Please read source articles before you post about them.

Obama never asked Ahmadinejad for advice, he hasn't even talked to the guy yet. All Ahmadinejad did was rant for the Iranian media. If Obama chooses to take Ahmadinejad's advice good for him but he is no less seeking his counsel than you or I.

All Obama said he would do in regards to Iran is prefer a diplomatic approach to a moronic "my guns are bigger than yours" republican approach.

The density of some of the people on this board astounds me.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I sent P.E. Obama a letter advising him to send me a billion dollars.

Am I the future of presidential advisers?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Semper... if you checked that just about every world leader chimes in at one point or another to "advise" the new president.

Its their version of lobbying. We do it too.

I am sure he has heard from the Israelis too, and from Russia and so on... the only reason this is making news is the relationship or lack there of we have with Iran. If we had normalized relations with Iran it would have never made the news.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This missive from Iran is sorta like receiving a box of chocolates from a neighbor who has threatened to shoot your cat.

I suspect that Ahmedinajhad has sent this love-letter to the president-elect in hopes that he is seen as extending an olive branch to the US and the world at large, and that this should be proof enough that Iran's nuclear program is completely benign.

I certainly don't want to see the US involved in any further war brouhaha, but I'm suspicious of the Iranian PM's motives.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
AHHHHH

The art of deflection and misdirect is alive and well in the replies here..

Please READ the article, preferably with no preconceptions.

Advise:

1. to give counsel to; offer an opinion or suggestion as worth following: I advise you to be cautious.
2. to recommend as desirable, wise, prudent, etc.: He advised secrecy.
3. to give (a person, group, etc.) information or notice (often fol. by of): The investors were advised of the risk. They advised him that this was their final notice.

Online Dictionary

Article

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is advising President-elect Barack Obama that he should move forward with "fundamental change"

The Iranian president then goes on to lecture the President-elect:

Ahmadinejad tells Obama

CNS News

Emphasis Mine

The art of intellectual discussion requires, nay demands that one look at something objectively. Now while the article is being addressed in this thread, the commentary towards the OP here, is self defeating and indicative of either a lack of understanding of the original article, or an attempt at spreading bias.

However as some of you "Get It", I suggest we carry on.

Thank you

Semper

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

According to the cited article in the OP, this is P.E. Obama's strategy towards Iran.

According to his campaign Web site, “Barack Obama will pursue tough, direct diplomacy without preconditions to end the threat from Iran.

“Obama and (Sen. Joe) Biden will present the Iranian regime with a clear choice. If Iran abandons its nuclear program and support for terrorism, they would offer incentives like membership in the World Trade Organization. If Iran continues its troubling behavior, Obama and Biden will step up our economic pressure and political isolation.”

I am failing to understand two points in the OP.

1. How you could muddle the waters between the accepted definition of what a presidential advisor is. That is to say, one of the president's select small group of trusted advisors, as opposed to any person (leader or not) who choses to shout onto the night.

2. How could one even entertain such a question with such a vague premise.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I think an explanation for the OP will be found in this thread.

Just conservative fearmongering is all.

new topics

top topics

join