It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't understand why but Obama already has my respect.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
He's already tackled some of the issues so far. He's going to make a stimulus bill to the middle class so we can SHOP. And in one of the first acts of Presidency he's going to allow stem-cell research.

This guy is way more Presidential than that other guy who what's his name a plant?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

The government allows stem-cell research now. So how is Obama going to allow something that is already happening?

Another Stimulus Bill? How much pork are the Democrats going to add to this one now that they have a larger majority?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Bush limits funding for stem cell research and the kind of stem cells that can be used. Obama will remove that.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

It takes two...a Congress and a President to pass bills. Lame Duck President Bush hasn't left the Oval Office yet and is as guilty as every other bum in Congress now.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
And in one of the first acts of Presidency he's going to allow stem-cell research.

Not exactly. As RR mentions stem-cell research is already "allowed". What Obama plans to do is repeal Bush's mandate to allow Federal Funding for stem-cell research projects.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

Right, that's what I mean by that. He's going to allow more stem-cell research to be done and take off the restrictive limits for it.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Isn't it the case that the stem cell research that is restricted, in Fedral funding or otherwise, embryonic stem cell research? I thought there were no restrictions when it came to adult stem cells.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Well I can't speak for the OP, but I think his point is that Obama has gained his respect because he is being more open with the media and the american people, than the last administration. In fact he's talked more about the problems we face in this economy and some of the ideas he is considering to get it going again.

As for the stem cell thing.

On Aug. 9, 2001, President Bush announced that federal money would be available only for research on stem cell lines created before that date. While the National Institutes of Health identified 78 cell lines that met the restrictions, only 15 are currently available for study.

Moreover, all of the available stem cell lines are contaminated with mouse feeder cells, which limit their potential usefulness in treating humans.

www.usatoday.com...

[edit on 9-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by djpaec

You are correct.

I feel like Obama is actually doing what a President is supposed to do.

Obama doesn't seem like the mouthpiece that Clinton and Bush seemed like. Maybe he will over time, but, he really seems like a President for the people.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Time will tell what kind of president Obama will be, but I think one has to admit that he handles himself well under pressure... the debates, the victory speech, the first president-elect press conference... the man does come across very well and I must say, very presidential.

My concern is that he is bringing in some old hack types... Brezenski, Emmanuel, Volcker, etc. These guys have histories of being plugged into The Establishment and you know, The Establishment is the front for secret societies. So, my concern is that he is relying on some folks he might not really want advice from if he knew their true backgrounds. I, for one, am not convinced that Obama is NWO, but he is beginning to surround himself with those type of folk, especially Volcker and Brezenski.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Glad to hear you are happy only with talk from a politician, but I'll wait until the actions to back up the talk are accomplished before any respect is granted.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I see what you're saying. I truly believe in Obama since he's inexperienced. Maybe he might bring some good ideas to the table.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Anyone can ACT presidential. It's the being presidential part that is hard. Lets see what he does before we start praising him as a good president. Heck, lets wait until he IS president before we call him a good presiednt.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
the world of metaphor is what he will bring to the American psyche...

Blacks already practice this worldview in all aspects of their culture,
Whites are not as sophisticated at this type of blending the natural world with the abstract worlds of our thoughts and emotions.

Obama's acts...including the excessive use of Execuitive Orders
will be brought about by his 'black perspective'... not because he's a dictator...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Federal Funding for the failed concept of Embrionic Stem Cell research? I guess if the private sector doesn't see the benefits to invest it's own money into research, they can count on the Government to throw some money at it. And after 5-10 years of nothing they will say "We need more money"....it's never ending.

new topics

top topics

join