It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer? Satan? Devil? Are they the same OR three different ex-Angels.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Lucifer? Satan? Devil? I have been hearing about them, but I was not sure if they are the same. (Can somebody with the Information "please explain".) Ok... If the "Angel" WAS good'ish, as it was LONG-TIME-BEFORE it infected the seed of sin to Eve, who ate the apple. And then, It talked with Eve to remove the forbidden apple and ate it. God came, talked with Adam, Eve and "the Angel". Before I continue, I need MORE "understanding". (Just after God created the Earth, there were millions and millions of DIFFERENT kinds of spirits of all sorts, was that true? If so, what was the NAME of the "Angel who gave Eve the sin".)...continues... Then after all the problems was sorted out, God kicked out the "fallen Angel". What was the name of the Angel. (((See what I mean? Lucifer? Satan? Devil? different periods of time? for different "events" in time? OR one or two names of *Lucifer? Satan? Devil?* madeup?))) Can SomeBody With The Correct Information Please Explain...Thank You.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
From what I've read from various literatures' (Even John Milton's paradise lost)

First he was Lucifer when he was in Heaven, then the great fall and as he landed became that of Satan. After time passes People simply changed the term to "The Devil." Of course though in Mark Twain's the mysterious stranger, Satan is actually Lucifer's son. So I suppose such thoughts could be very interesting to think about, being that you almost hear nothing about the realms of Hell or such. Also to answer that last part about correct information, I think you will be getting a bit of varied information as not all bibles are the same unfortunately

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Its a bit of a fairytale isn't it?
There really is no right or wrong versions.
It seems to be based alot on what people believe themself.
To say there is one all knowing right or wrong version shows extremism.
But for sure there is good and evil people in the world we can see that obviously.
Ones who choose the direction they go.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

Thank You, Mr Leviatano. Oh...You brought up a Interesting point. You mentioned about "Satan being the son". Because I have also heard of "Satan's hidden bloodline".

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

I would not be surprised if Lucifer or Satan had a hidden bloodline it could be the same thing that Zeus did within' the mythologies. As he took the form of a swan and took a woman their on the spot, they (Being Satan or Lucifer) probably could have done the same and it probably would have been removed from the bible promptly so as not to ensue panic and have people thinking that anyone could be satan or lucifer

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The History Channel ran a very interesting 2-hour special on "Lucifer" about a year ago.

Literature had a huge role in creating our modern perception of what the devil really is.

Our modern understanding of the devil definitely comes from those darned Puritans and the likes of those that had to scare people into attending a church, so churches could even persist.

Lucifer was a fallen angel...and was never anything more.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by MOFreemason]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
ah, one of me favorite subjects.

some of the best theories on this matter come from the book: The Lucid View. it is an initiation book and NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART/MIND.

He says that as humanity thinks they bounce between the devil and god, it is actually all devil. there is the 'fallen' which is humanity as a whole which is Satan; and humanity that is risen which is Lucifer....it's kind of an abstract view, but read the book if you are ready, which it seems you are.

Then there is the Stiener 'Lucifergnosis' which states that Lucifer is like the guardian of wisdom, truth, and true understanding of the universe.

Then there was Crowley and his extrapolations which was like Stiener's but added the 'alien' aspect and NewAeon twist. basically he belived Lucifer was guardian of the gateway between Ages and 'aliens' were agents who helped construct the New Age both consciously and physically (ie. technology).

Then there are those nutjobs out there who insist Lucifer and Christ are one in the same, thus LUCIFER CHRIST!

As for satan, well thanks for rock n' roll!!

whatever the case may be, that which in this world holds the most power is that which is the most taboo...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Satan - Found in jewish mythology and within the Torah, never an angel always a spirit whose job it is to act as the devils advocate to use a term of phrase.

Lucifer - One of the Archangels not mentioned by name within the Torah, but mentioned within Jewish mythology. Lord of the Morning, Keeper of the Gate of Eden, Leader of the Rebellion.

"The Devil" - Originally this would seem to be a translation of the concept of Satan into the Christian Texts, it has since gone on to also mean Lucifer, as well as any demon who could be considered the ruler of either hell or other demons (in jewish lore the king of the demons was Azmodeus not Lucifer or Satan), as well as being a seperate entity on its own (red skinned, forked tail, hoofed devil).

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Lucifer, Satan, Baa'l, Samael and The Devil are one and the same.

Lucifer was the original name of Satan WHEN he was an angel. Now there's more then 1 story you have those who believe Lucifer fell out of pride and that he wanted to be greater then god and others that Lucifer refused to bow to men because he was created in the image of god. Thus making man superior to angels. Lucifer refused and ended up seducing eve to eat the apple then God kicked him out and there he "fell" and became Satan whom's name mean "The Accuser" or "The Adversary" the primary enemy of man... He was kicked out of heaven because of us...

Lucifer was the first angel his name mean "the bearer of light" or "Morning Star" He was the most powerful in his time and most beautiful angel in the heavens.

There's also the tale of Lilith (Adam's first wife" Whom was strong headed woman and refused to go under Adam when they would sleep togeter believing she was his equal and shouldnt go "under" him all this cuz Lucifer/Satan/Samael whatever u wanna call him in the backend was fueling her ego and she fell of it then later on after Adam went to God to tell him about her ways she would of deserted the garden of eden and went all the way to the limits of the garden on the shores of Ithaka and had an orgy with a bunch of demons/fallen angels and gave birth or a bunch of halfbreed evil spirit such as incubus/sucubus and so on...

[edit on 9-11-2008 by _R4t_]

Edit to fix sum sentences.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by _R4t_]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
to add another name to the debate, who would you say beelzebub could be.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
to add another name to the debate, who would you say beelzebub could be.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
considering that none of them are real im gonna go ahead and say there the same fictional character applied in different cultures.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Wow where to begin on this topic. Well to start with yo umust have an understanding of the words your asking about. First the word Satan simply means accuser from the Hebrew word ha-Satan. For the Chasidic Jews of the eighteenth century, Ha-satan was Baal Davar. Keep in mind there are many passages in the torah refering to ha-Satan and translated to Satan in the Bible. In these passages there is not a correlation between Lucifer and Satan. It simply refers to Satan. best example is the book of Job where this spirit in heaven called ha-Satan or Satan acts as the accuser of man. Accusing man of being weak and not faithful to god should god allow him to test mans faith as he does. keep in mind 2 things here. Firstly that this being is never named or given a proper name just simply called satan. in the hebrew he is just simply labeled as a accuser not called by a proper name ie SATAN or Lucifer. The concept behind these entitites being the same person is a matter of faith and the connection other scriptures offer us that i will show later here. Many times in the bible the term hebrew term satan is used as claiming someone or something as an accuser. Most people simply read the bible and take what they read to mean the actual name of the being doing the accusing and not necessarily so. You have to really get into the meaning of the original words that were translated into what your reading today. Those words held different meanings when used in different ways. A good example would be the word heaven or heavens. Many times in the bible/torah the word is used to refer to not only heaven the spirtiual realm but also as a word to describe the sky itself. The hebrews used pluarls of words to refer to a higher meaning of a word such as king of kings and heaven of heavens and time of times and so on.Paul speaks of himself as a Hebrew of Hebrews, the singular of plural. So many times the usage of a word in hebrew didnt necessarily mean the same in all instances. Sometimes the being lucifer was being mentioned as the being god cast out and is the great accuser of mankind.It is generaly accepted that he is a satan and is satan. To call him SATAN is to claim him as the greatest accuser of man and adversary.
Now the term Devil: The name "Devil" derives from the Greek word diabolos, which means "slanderer" or "accuser".
So in a sense it is the same. Devil and satan same thing different languages. The lines of which have become blurred by popular teachings in church and sunday school. It is interesting to note however that the term Lucifer means Morning Star. Where the connection comes in with this being who fell from heaven is in Isaiah 14:12 the passagereads as follows:12. How have you fallen from heaven, the morning star? You have been cut down to earth, You who cast lots on nations.
Now the problem we get into here is some people beleive strictly this is Lucifer that great serpent and dragon the devil however if you read Isaiah it is refering to the king of babylon. it states so at the start of the chapter. The term Lucifer is actually a latin translation for light bearer or morning star. it has also been associated with the planet venus and is also called the same.
In revelations jesus is refered to as the morning star. It has been a mistranslation of the word and the pasaage of isaiah tha has made the connection with the king of babylon being this fallen angel yet keep in mind the jews have no such belief and if the original scripture was saying just that in isaiah then the jews would believe in this fallen angel called lucifer or the devil. The do not believe in the devil or hell.
and such.
Rev 22:16 (NIV) "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.
It really goes to how you believe and yes i am christian but i do not beleive regurgitated dogma from sources that have not taken the time to derive the truth from its origins.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

all i have to say to that is dumb question

new topics

top topics

join