It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remnant images of asteroid 2008 TC3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hello everyone, as we all know last month a small asteroid named 2008 TC3 entered the earths atmosphere over sudan and burned up and so far no images were available of that entry because of the remoteness of the region, but now one has surfaced.

Here it is,

Beautiful isnt it.

And this might be mistaken for a chemtrail or contrail, but it is the actual entry trail.

The article at universe today tells this,

A month after asteroid 2008 TC3 hit the Earth's atmosphere, the first ground-based image of the event has surfaced on the Internet. Admittedly, it's not the fireball everyone has been waiting to see, but it is visual evidence that something hit us above Sudan on October 7th. The image above was taken from a frame of video that was being recorded by Mr. Mohamed Elhassan Abdelatif Mahir in the dawn following the asteroid impact with the atmosphere. The smoky feature is the remnant of the fireball as the 3 meter-wide asteroid blasted through the upper atmosphere, eventually exploding. The long-lasting persistent train is seen hanging in the air, high altitude winds causing it to twist in the morning sunlight.

And a link to the article,

www.universetoday.com...

Enjoy.

[edit on 9/11/08 by peacejet]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Beautiful Picture! And excellent find!! Thank you for posting this

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yup it's beautiful alright.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I Like !!

Its now my desktop.

Fanx

S&F

Mungo

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
thank you so much for posting...how gorgeous is that picture...I saved it, of course...

A star for you...

Cx

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Thanks for posting this exquisite photograph peacejet - I never tire of looking at persistent trains, and this one is up there with the best.

This one was from February this year:

source

With any luck, some of us should get to see a few persistent trains like this (though perhaps not quite as spectacular!) tomorrow during the Leonids peak
Although, I have to say, the way the weather is looking here, it'll take a miracle to see anything

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

The image is really beautiful with especially, with the rising sun and the snow covered cottages
. Here the weather is playing hide and seek all the day due to last weeks weather systems remnant, try to upload images of the leonids if you can find any, because it is one of the amazing meteor showers

top topics

join