It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain: Son of Osama bin Laden deported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Spain: Son of Osama bin Laden deported

www.cnn.com

MADRID, Spain (CNN) -- One of Osama bin Laden's sons has left Spain after he was denied asylum in the country, an Interior Ministry spokeswoman told CNN Saturday.

Omar bin Laden pictured earlier this year during a television interview in Rome, Italy.

Omar bin Laden left Madrid Saturday afternoon en route to Cairo, Egypt, she said. The ministry did not divulge why his request was denied.

Spain's decision came after bin Laden appealed the country's initial decision Wednesday to deny him asylum. The man, who is married to a British citizen, previously was denied asylum in Britain. He holds a Saudi passport.

Bin Laden, who is in his late 20s, stepped off a plane from Cairo at Madrid's Barajas International Airport during a stopover late Monday and informed authorities that he planned to request asylum, the spokeswoman said.

He was taken to a secure area of the airport for asylum seekers while his request was processed.

He prepared his formal asylum request Tuesday at the airport with the help of a translator, the spokeswoman said. It was not known on what grounds bin Laden based his request.

He has publicly called on his father -- who is the leader of al Qaeda and the world's most-wanted man -- to abandon terrorism.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
There is an interesting topic. If the son of osama is anouncing his father should abandon terrorism, maybe that is all it takes. Maybe it could be somehow possible to end terrorism from all sides. Maybe if we get osamas son to come to america and help the obama campaign his father will give up on terrorism.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
He asked his father in 2000 to renounce terrorism and, obviously, it had no effect.

I think, having read the story behind Bin Laden Jr that he is being villified because of who his father is. He claims he is danger in the ME because of him being against what his father does and that he has received death threats.

He was rejected from the UK, and now Spain, on asylum claims which I find disgusting as he probably has a much more valid claim than the tens of thousands who stream into the country with much more bogus claims of asylum.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
bin ladens family assets should have been frozen and the monies used as compensation to the families effected by this coward.

I'm glad the UK and Spain saw fit to deport this hell spawn of a coward. If all countries stood up to the actions of these cowards and their families then terrorism as a tool would be nullified. Not pandering to the needs of their families. I have no interest in helping the family of bin laden as their fathers attitude and habits would have changed in the months to him planning the attacks so they had time to report his suspicious behaviour. In fact they should all be charged for aiding the scum bag.

Hopefully egypt will boot this loser out and when he returns to saudi they torture him and generally treat him like #.

Any family, friends and associates of bin laden should also be interrogated and then booted out.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IntoTheVortex

So, by your logic, if you father murdered someone then you too should be punished? Or perhaps you should pay for what your grandparents did to blacks or Native Americans?

This chap is on record for renouncing his fathers actions prior to 2001. He hasn't seen his father since then and has very little contact with him anyway, being only one of 19 children.

It's somewhat unfair to blame him for the actions of another, is it not?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
not really as I said planning such a large scale campaign of hate would have had effects on his habits, views and everything else so they had the chance to at least try and prevent the attacks. This is what they should be punished for.

read the post before trying to assume things.

denying his family and friends the basic rights that he is hell bent on destroying sends an important signal to others who could be tempted to take the path of a coward. Make examples out of them.

ohh he's said he doesn't support terrorism. I bet that's so comforting to hear for the families affected! He's also living a very comfortable life with money earned by the family that should have been seized.

well as for slavery etc, no I disagree. Those times had different morals and requirements that differ from today's needs and mindset.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
i would agree, if you hold someone responsible for something a family member did you might as well just put every single person in jail, even the jailors, for being the same species as someone who committed a crime. Then with all the humans in jail we aliens would prosper.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
READ THE #ING POST!!!!!

I stated they should be prosecuted for not intervening, not for the cowardice acts bin laden has / is planning!!!

the deaths of 100's of people make it serious enough to warrant special circumstances where inaction is a crime. Not acting in certain circumstances is a crime in the UK anyway.

dam it's not that hard to read is it?

[edit on 9-11-2008 by IntoTheVortex]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
we know that terrorisms from other countries aren't responded with terrorisms from our country and the back and forth terrorism is newscasted completely differently over there through the media, and they are being told that people in our country are terrorists when in we know it was not just a random who was forced to read a peice of paper and stand next to a gun.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Benazir Bhutto in an off the cuff remark TOLD the world that Bin Ladin was killed years ago.

at the 2:18 minute mark Omarr Shariff murdered Bin Laden

au.youtube.com...

Barack Obama must be aware of this but insists HE will hunt him down ???

Very soon after this great Lady was murdered... R.I.P. Benazir

[edit on 9/11/08 by ROO-meh]

[edit on 9/11/08 by ROO-meh]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I dont care if he doesnt support terrorrism, if he comes to england he will claim benefits. He willprobably be put in a nice house and given protection, and in my opinion he just aint worth it. He aint our problem, and he aint worth the hassle.

Id personally of given him a dinghy and told him to get off our island in that.

And to all the people who say would you persecute the child for the fathers actions id say "yes". If you cant get to the father it makes sense. Unless the next al jazeera video was him chopping his dads head off.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Eeh... isn't he running a succesfull business still in Jedda? And the reason for the move was because his english wife needs treatment for eye condition and they dont want to live separately? I hardly think that he would need benefits.

[edit] France => Jedda.

[edit on 9/11/2008 by PsykoOps]

new topics

top topics

join