It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ghost of Mrs. Danforth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
A current business in Cobleskill, New York, called the Bull's Head Inn has seen it's fair share of a ghost over the years since it first opened. I mention it because I lived near Cobleskill and often heard these stories first hand. The house that the Bull's Head Inn is in now used to be owned by a prominent local family by the name of Danforth. It seems that Mrs. Danforth had it in for people who drank. She would chase people out of her house and off her property if she caught them drinking. She died being a teetotaler. Anyway, since the house was turned into a rstaurant that serves alcohol, the ghost of Mrs. Danforth has made many appearances. Several people who have eaten and drank there have reported contacts with a woman in a white dress. They have reported that the hair on the back of their necks would stand up when dealing with her spirit. It's the same with some of the people who have worked there over the years. Some of the staff and customers have refused to go back after catching site of her either standing next to them or glaring at them from a corner where Mrs. Danforth is sometimes seen sitting in a rocking chair. I myself have gone there on occasion, but have not had the honor of having met Mrs. Danforth.

join