It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My e-mail to Rush Limbaugh

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Not starting an argument here, or inciting you, just wanted to post a civil opposition... I would like to point out, that Ron Paul happens to be very strong in financial policy and debate. For the sheer fact that he was the only candidate talking about the real details of the meltdown, and discussing the ramifications of the choices we are marking. Obama, just the coin phrase "change" with no clear message, just that we need change. Then there's McCain, Which was "change" as well, just a lower tone, and not a peep about what really caused the situation, or even what would be done about the people that perpetrated it and what we can do to prevent it.

Truth is, there are many fires burning right now across this country, and I don't see a fire truck in sight.

Reactionary... well yes, reacting to tyranny. I call it that, because anyone who tries to sell a pony show in a horse costume is bound to fool someone, and I just can't stop thinking about what our country and our fathers went through to sustain our freedoms and liberties. No foreign threat real or fake, weak or strong, should be a sound reason to increase invasion of privacy, and perversion of natural rights, taking our freedoms, and disregarding the constitution. Just because we are at war, does not mean that I have to pay for this war with my freedom. I'm sorry, its just not a fair trade, and if you for one sec believe what the gov is telling us, that we must sacrifice "some" liberties to win against this threat, is just flat out bogus. I think that is a weak response from the strongest country in the world. Give me a break, the gov should work harder and find a way to succeed in this war.

I believe that Ron Paul was the only candidate offering real change. Shutting down the fed, tearing down the IRS. Now these solutions are huge, but in all reality, it only helps us. These kinds of change does not shut down an economy, or weakens it, it's simply a slide on the bean counter. Less spending in the order of trillions, means less taxation, less taxation means, more representation, more coin in our pocket, and values go up. Really, I believe that the economy would boom. We would be severing a blood sucking appendage from the gut of this young nation.

Frankly: I'm sorry we don't have an elect with such "reactionary" response. Instead we have a sensationalist.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

I'm not drunk or stupid and I listen to him every chance I get. Why? Well, not for the TRUTH! LOL I listen to this guy so I can hear with my own ears what the next round of lies are going to be. He is also one of the reasons I have moved from the conservative party. I can't ally myself with someone who is so obviously bought and paid for like this man. He has changed his tune so much now since when he first started that it just baffles me. I mean, there was a gap of about 5 years where I didn't listen to him. When I started again it was like I was listening to a completely different man.

What I mean is, he is now a political mouthpiece instead of an informative source for news and information. He is arrogant beyond anyone I have known. I mean, he truly believes he is a radio god. You can hear it every time he talks. "He is right and everyone knows it" is one of his favorite sayings.

If the conservative party happened to unite behind Paul I would be first in line back. Until that day, well, I'll keep teaching my kids the truth and will try to provide a safe and happy home.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by onefinalmint

Nice letter.

To the posters bashing Dr. Paul I'd love to know why specifically you think he is a charltan? You can disagree with him all you want but calling him a charltan is plain wrong. Have you ever read anything he has wrote, seen him speak or looked at his voting record? He is the most conservative person in the party.

Oh and RRConservative. Palin is a future leader of the party? You cannot be serious. Have you even read how the republicans have been bashing her for the last 3 days? Her career is OVER.

Personally I lost all respect for Rush after he made fun of Michael J. Fox by claiming he was faking his symptoms. I was never more disgusted by a pundit in my life. Rush claimed he was faking to get a Dem elected but he failed to do any research and find that out Fox was supporting both Republicans and Dems who were supporting stem cell funding.

Even all these years later it still makes me angry.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
How can you bash the Republican "bias" media? What about the liberal "media?" Do you not see the other side? I would say you are a leftist. You are young, you have a lot to learn. Do you own a business? Have you been a fighter in this war? I think that the younger generation has a lot to learn.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Volton

Well voltron I see anything under penn. to be a southern state at least off the west coast; you ever been to virginia not like maryland at all and it's a stones throw away speach, ideals, and taboos quickly change (I would relate these to religious means). O and also I did read just about everything on Mr. Pence, this being one of his quotes made me see him as being more of the same for the republican party; "I see myself as a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order." That phrase alone tells me I'm never ever voting that man to office, because I believe these republicans need to get their priorities straight and put state before church and never mix the two.

So I'd say I have a clue. Although I think all republicans are clueless.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Lokey13]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Victoria 1

Although this has nothing to do with me because you were having a conversation with someone else. But can I ask you the same questions, do you own a business, We're you in the Iraq war, and also how old are you to be calling someone else young?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

. I shouldn't have said "everyone", but I was on a roll and had to let my thoughts loose.... People are emotionally stirred by his passionate spew of hate, and don't consider that he is highly paid to draw a big audience, and at the same time poison their minds.... He is a very cowardly person that babbles sweats and trembles in fear, when he is confronted by people not of the same genre, outside of his venue.....I saw this happen on a TV news program that focused on radio talk show personalities over 20 years ago. The man is pathetic..... I am glad that you are one that can use him as tool to meter the bigotry and hate that is so much of what is Limbaugh's agenda, that appeals to those that consider him a reliable source of misinformation. I gave you a star.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Excellent! Keep up the civilized discourse! Jefferson would be proud.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

Well I must apologize for the smart A** remark I made about you being clueless. I commend you for taking a look at the site and if it's not your cup of tea......... thats ok.

I don't view it as more of the same, but you don't live here and can't know what kind of person he is.

Some of us view his priorities as spot on and that should be ok too. After all He is our representative, not yours.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Volton

Thank you for the apology Volton, it's much appreciated. Yes, the right wing isn't necessarily my cup of tea but in all honesty I was going to vote for McCain this year until the baffoons on top of baffoons made Sarah Palin VP. I just didn't see her as being anything special and most certainly not a person with enough significant experience to be anyone of credibility. I mean to me Palin is like the govenor of a deserted island, lets be honest not too much is going on in Alaskan politics except for money laundering. If this Pence is what you say he is, he still has quite some addequate time to change my mind; I am hell bent on the fact that politicians need to put the state before the church and that is at the moment the only problem I have with Mr. Pence. Any other information you have on him would be much appreciated, I'd like to be in front of the curve for this election so starting now seems like a good place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join