It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My e-mail to Rush Limbaugh

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

I believe you have the right idea, but Ron Paul was an anti-war, internet wonder...nothing more, and will never be the go-to guy for the Republican Party.

And have you noticed the number of Ron Paul Supporters on this thread RRConservative?

This is their point. The GOP has been marginalizing this group of internet voters by not speaking to them. Anti-Intellectualism does not appeal to them. And this election proved that there are no enough small town/rural area Republicans to defeat the Dems in the Cities. And because of this the GOP MUST rid themselves of the anti-intellectuals. They are doing this now with Sara Palin as the all turn on her in an attempt to exposer her as stupid. Whether she is or not is beside the point, there is a strong faction in the GOP which is sick and tired of catering to the stupid vote.

They want a candidate who is fiscally conservative and thoughtful. They want a candidate who represents the morals of the constitution, not some arbitrary holy book that only speaks to some. They want a candidate who doesn't deal in the currency of fear of liberalism, but in the benefits of conservatism.

Until the Republicans who supported Ron Paul or Obama are recognized and campaigned to, then the GOP will continue to falter. But if they recognize this and come back with a RR type of candidate, then they might have a chance to really be the Grand Old Party.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Interesting letter and strong, clearly stated opinion. Well done.

However, I can almost guarantee you that the letter will reach vastly more people at ATS then through Rush Limbaugh.

He won't read it, and his staff will not forward it on, for sure.

Let's never forget that talk radio exists mainly for its own profit through advertising, that they carefully select the people they talk to, and they maintain total control over the message. And the message is totally aimed at their demographic audience. They want to maintain and increase their listenership. Period.

Do you really think they take calls at random, based upon the passion of the caller? Why would they gamble on something like that? Nope.

Contrast that with ATS, please.

This is your forum. It is quite different from the Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity show.

Keep posting!

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

Ummm if you think Mike Pence is like McCain, you are either trying to bait me or you have no clue. Guess you didn't read a word on his website or blog, just looked at his grey hair and said "Look another McCain"

On a side note: Last I checked, Indiana is not a southern state.

After thinking about it, I'd say you just don't have a clue.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
For those that think the letter may have left something out, or could be worded in a better way, maybe you could offer up some changes to the OP.

Or maybe we should all just flood Rush with letters of our own, then we can get to work on those 1 million letters to washington about ufo disclosure.

We get a letter campaign forum up in this site or what?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
As a liberal who likes Ron Paul, but likes Dennis Kucinich more, I must say that those who think Rush Limbaugh or any other mainstream conservative would agree to the principles Ron Paul champions are only fooling themselves. The Republican party is now and forever no longer the party of small government, anti-current foreign policy Ron Paul types. Hence his standing alone amongst them. Paul should have ran under the Libertarian or Independent parties if he wanted even a small shot at the presidency.

Sending Rush Limbaugh a letter is as effective as talking to a wall and hoping something happens. Rush doesn't think at all like you. You should dump mainstream Republicans and conservatives and go and try to muster up some capable third party with other like-minded types. Its really the only choice for those who think Ron Paul is how conservatives should think and act.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Frith]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The only big talk host that is aware of the material in his email is Noory from C2C. My guess is that Noory is one heck of a speed reader, although he has never mentioned it.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
As a social-democrat, I fully support Rush's attempt to recreate the GOP with nothing but hard-core, Sarah Palin Republicans. They will be a force in about 12 states, and will duel to the death with the Constitution Party for 1.5% of the national vote. Nothing could make me happier.
Many ideologues, left as well as right, never figure in the demographic change factor when crowing about their party's future power. Yes, Reagan was the culmination of a right wave than started as a ripple in 1964 during the Goldwater vs. GOP "Liberal" war. Only a complete fool would expect this to go on forever. Yes, Nixon's "silent majority" still exists, but it isn't a majority anymore. The Right-to-Life, Southern Baptist, home school, pro-military action, small business owner voter is still there - they aren't losing numbers, it's just that other groups are gaining much faster. The secular, college educated, pro-choice multinational corporate employee and the new-immigrant, Muslim/Buddhist low-wage worker are gaining in numbers. American politics is cyclical, and someday Rush's people will rule again, but not in his lifetime.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by son of PC
The only big talk host that is aware of the material in his email is Noory from C2C.

Question: Who has a larger listening audience: Limbaugh or Noory?

Okay -- Limbaugh actually wins that contest.

According to Wired: Noory has an estimate 4.5 million listeners each night.

www.wired.com...

According to Newsmax: Limbaugh has an estimated 12 million listeners each day.

archive.newsmax.com...

Still, consider the numbers and the time slot. You have to admit that C2C is highly competitive, without a doubt. This should give ATSers something to think about.

On topic: Perhaps the letter should be sent to Noory, instead of Limbaugh? Perhaps then it might actually reach a radio audience.

Edit: Accidentally messed up this entire post. Reformatting....

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Z.S.P.V.G.
Ron Paul is a no good lousy charlatan and the people who jumped on his bandwagon are FAR worse sheeple than the Obama ones. at least the Obama people are positive. Paul Sheeple are the most miserable bunch of chumps and have nothing progressive nor righteous to add to this country. Just a negative agent meant to weaken you. the stuff he says has some validity of course, but it's his job to go out and spew and scare and rant. no good lousy charlatan bum!

Interesting.
Charlatan yadda yadda yadda bum
Miserable chumps,nothing progressive or righteous, just a negative agent, spew and scare and rant,no good lousy charlatan bum.
Pretty eloquent prose.
Adding that part about it being better to be positive....... wow!

You might want to look up the terms you just used buddy because I think SPEW and RANT both have your avatar next to them in the dictionary.

You want to hate some kid for getting real close to the truth? That's fine, but at least pull your head out of your butt long enough to explain it in intelligent sentences. If you can't do that then maybe listen to something beyond your own voice.

You see I used to be one of the blindly rabid Rushophiles that thought my # didn't stink. Is he totally wrong? No. He's not all right either. There is a lot more going on here and as much as you love to despise him, Ron Paul has seen the forest despite the trees.
We're getting screwed by both sides and the blind conservatives are just as bad as the blind liberals. I haven't seen the pravda network on American tv yet (thank goodness) but I've seen plenty of Wall Street-money-big business shows and those are the wonderful souls that brought us to a sub-prime screw job disaster. Both parties take the bribes graft and kickbacks. Both sides have been having their way with our economy and our values. Meanwhile we circle each other muttering curses while yet another term of citizen screwing goes on.
Get your arrogant head out of your butt and look around buddy. The plane is almost out of fuel, there is no landing strip in site and you're still bitching because you didn't the business class upgrade .

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Looks like the Republican bashing is starting already. How could Rush be such an idiot he has so many listeners each day? I did like a lot of stuff Ron Paul said but you guys that follow him are so radical you scare people off. I will also admit that voting for McCain was like trying to pick a turd up from the clean end. However, I don't believe that your a Republican at all. I don't believe your young either. You just started this thread to do your part to bash the Republican party as much as you can. So save it. You got your candidate in office. We had to go through Carter go get Regan except this is going to be much worse.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Limbaugh won't care because he doesn't care about the fate of the GOP, he cares about the fate of conservatives. He also is a social conservative, something Paul isn't, so he's not gonna support him at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Gotta love the number of "independants", aka Democrats, listen to conservative radio. All you did, onefinalmint, by sending that letter to Rush is to tell him you are a dedicated listener of his, which means more advertising dollars to him. Rush is not an executive in the GOP, and never will be. So preaching to him your "dedication to the Constitution" (guess we'll find out how dedicated after Obama deletes free speech via the Fairness Doctrine, and the right to bear arms via gun control) is kind of pointless. Rush is a radio personality, and that's it.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by onefinalmint

excellent post ,you nailed it

I'm an old timer so I've been saying these things for almost your whole life, the beauty of your post is I didn't say them to you ,you get it ! So do many many people like you.

so when ever I hear some ,idiot neo cons try to blame Americas problems on slacker youth ,I just show them a mirror. HERE'S YER SIGN!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division

Originally posted by son of PC
The only big talk host that is aware of the material in his email is Noory from C2C.

Question: Who has a larger listening audience: Limbaugh or Noory?

Okay -- Limbaugh actually wins that contest.

According to Wired: Noory has an estimate 4.5 million listeners each night.

www.wired.com...

According to Newsmax: Limbaugh has an estimated 12 million listeners each day.

archive.newsmax.com...

Still, consider the numbers and the time slot. You have to admit that C2C is highly competitive, without a doubt. This should give ATSers something to think about.

On topic: Perhaps the letter should be sent to Noory, instead of Limbaugh? Perhaps then it might actually reach a radio audience.

Edit: Accidentally messed up this entire post. Reformatting....

Noory is a quality act always on the air, and it seems in his private life as well. I'll probably meet him someday at a UFO conference somewhere. He does a lot of "meet and greets" with the public.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

Barely on topic: I would love to meet Noory. If you ever meet him, please tell him I am a dedicated fan (if you remember, and I know that is unlikely.
)

More on topic: I think one of the most revealing things about this particular thread is the way the OP puts his faith in Rush Limbaugh as some sort of clearing house for the common man. Limbaugh represents an ideal of polite conservative thought, including strong interest in free speech and expression.

The OP has every reason to think that. It is the image the Limbaugh actively projects. But it is a false image.

Noory, on the other hand, is truly a clearing house of new ideas, and C2C is really the intent and purpose of public radio fulfilled.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

everyone should stop what they are doing, and read this quoted post. It really sheds light on the workings on the gears of the clock. Really, the lesser of 2 evils seems to be the playbook. Back and forth we swing from one side to the other, all of us are looking for the same thing, salvation, and though it never comes, we loose freedom and security through this tireless process. We have ever since 1913. Really, TPTB, are not stupid. These are people that have a good knack for business, and furthering what ever agenda they support, and when they realized that America is the "little engine that could", they sank their teeth into us, and we have been bleeding ever since.

An internet wonder??? What ?? I could make a better stab at accurately stating the obvious. A large portion of his constituent base, is a young generation, that has grown up with the internet, so it's not an internet wonder, but just a tool we use to communicate. So, this is what Ron Paul has been at opposition with, people that make broad and unfounded claims. So, McCain is an old war wonder, or Obama is a new age change wonder?? See, it just doesn't fit, and it doesn't fit Ron Paul either. I have sat in rooms with people that support both main party candidates, and none of them had answers to real questions. This is because their teachers and leaders provide nothing no real solutions, just material to squabble about.

Sorry for taking this into a tangent, but I am sick of the apathy, and sick of people acting like they have answers or solutions. McCain didn't have any, and Obama, well, there is going to be change, I just don't know if people realize in what direction we are going. Does anyone here really trust their government? C'mon, it's one let down after another, and it's theft run rampant. From the blunders in war, to wall street and main street, to our personal liberties and securities, and now to our sovereignty. These issues are real. I grew up in a military house, every male in my family has served, or is currently serving, and I am the only one that seems to have juvinal diabetes, so I do not serv, but I was and am still mostly a Republican. I jsut don't believe that our GOP is the same one that it use to be, like it was stated before, we have been lied too, and will continue to be so. The line the defines the difference between the 2 parties is blurring more and more every day. Soon, it will be just one party, with different accessorized flavors.
Sadly and truly, our founders, fathers, leaders, and people of arts and trades, all have something in common. They spoke of evil, corruption, unknown forces, and tyranny. Madison, Jefferson, Ben Franklin, Washington, Lincoln, Eisenhower, JFK, and the list an go on and on... but I want to leave you with 2 quotes. The first is my favorite, and says it all, it is the reason why I love this country, and the reason why I will stand and fall with her, and the second is a quote that seems to be relevant to the current times, and our actions toward one another.

John Quincy Adams, "Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."

Samuel Adams, "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by onefinalmint

Congratulations on educating yourself on the issues of the day. There is much more to learn as to the reasons behind what is going today though at least your attempting to educate yourself and are on the right track. Keep it up. America needs more young folk like yourself to pay attention to whats going on with their futures.

"With every disciplined effort, there are multiple rewards". E.R.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What I think the US really needs (speaking as an outsider) is an overhaul of the whole 2 party system. There needs to be at least one other party in there to keep some real balance and offer an alternative/break from the same ole same ole.

Instead of waiting for the election every 4 years, someone, whether it be Nader or someone else needs to get out there starting now and not in 3 years from now. A 3rd party needs to start right away and not let up ever, until some ground is gained. Once they start nibbling at the 10% mark, the media may take some notice or better yet more people. And this party needs to be a peoples party, not some rich game playing politician who will be just as brain washed as the other 2 parties.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hi, I'm smokenmirrors, and I'm a conservative.

Hi smoke!

Ya, I'd like to share, thank you. I'm an older guy, not ancient, but, you know, I'm seein' 50 next year right. And, I've voted in a few elections in my time, and I've seen the pendulum swing, if ya know what I mean.

Politics is a funny thing, a "strange bedfellows" land of inconsistency, often difficult to predict.

I gotta tell ya, just a few years back, I could not stand McCain. He was the lousiest excuse for a conservative/er, republican, that I knew, well, except for Pennsylvania Senator Awful Arlen Spinchter/er, Specter.

Anyway, the Republican party is lost, and the thoughts expressed in this thread are for the most part true, only a return to fiscal responsiblity, conservative values at the core, could begin to rebuild the party.

I was saying, in the weeks leading up to the election, saying to my friends and colleagues, both Democrat and Republican alike, "No matter who gets elected, YOU and I LOSE!"

hmmmm, a divided elecorate, PERFECT! Half red, half blue, we continue, 2scruyou.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by smokenmirrors]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I hope you really do send your email to Rush Limbaugh, though you're probably getting the response you hoped for from ATS. Your argument is clear, concise and persuasive.

I don't, however, see Ron Paul as the hero so many on here do. He's socially liberal, which no doubt appeals to many, but politically he's a reactionary. I agree with his position on the war in Iraq but how would he handle, for instance, the current financial meltdown?

Presumably he would believe that the government should not play any role in a bailout, but also that it should not impose any restraints on Wall Street --no curbs on the excesses which created the problems in the first place. He would, I suppose, advocate just sitting by while the world's economy goes totally into the tank.

This approach was tried at the beginning of the Great Depression and the result was a recession that kept on spiraling downward until it was out of control. Nobody, anywhere, was spending money. It wasn't until Franklin D. Roosevelt proposed injecting large sums of money into the economy (a solution now advocated by both the major parties) that the situation slowly began improving; complete recovery took over ten years to achieve.

That's just one example of how Paul's philosophy would translate into policy. I, for one, am glad he is not the president-elect.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join