It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama the next Lincoln?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
For the past year or so, we notice that there is a crisis is comming. I've heard on many occasions listening to Coast 2 Coast that Obama is somebody to be watching out for. I notice from day one of Obama being "the new Kennedy." Republicans have Regan, the dems have Kennedy. I notice this like 2 yrs ago.
During May of 2006, I was working at a cabinet Factory. A Factory tied directly in the the housing bubble. At that time, the management was telling everyone how the company was growing and expanding. I couldn't believe this at all because I wasn't working the very long hours at that moment like I did a year before. The feeling in the company was a disbelief among the lower workers for I didn't believe it, and neither did my co-workers who had made a career working there. As the year went on, the hours began to be reduced. Our product sucked because they wanted number, not quality that went along with it. As the fall began, by October, we were working 4 days a week which were great. Our backs hurt like hell, and the added day was a relief to our tired bodies. I began to notice how sick the place was making me from the saw dust and other chemicals. I eventually quit the job and went to better means of making a living.
I didn't hear the press conference at all, but I did hear parts of it. Unlike his campaign, he seem more reverend of the position he was going to be given. He wanted a package to help jumpstart the economy. From other threads, the guy sounded shocked an amazed of his first briefing.
So here's my question to your members. It feels like the Country is entering the Crisis, will Obama be one of those presidents that gets remembered throughout history like Lincoln and Rosevelt?

Now as for this stance, I voted twice for Bush. I never like the Democratic candidates at all. I did vote for Obama for I never liked McCain at all. I also didn't like any of the other candidates as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think he will be remembered through history if only because he is the first black president we have had. For that alone he will be remembered. As for him being the next Lincoln or the next Kennedy, he is not either of them. Whether he is a great president is something that no one knows right now. They can speculate, but no one here or elsewhere knows for certain how great or how horrible he will be as president.

That is something only time will tell.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Simple question deserves a simple answer...one word...

No.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I do think it remains to be seen, after all, the inauguration hasn't even taken place yet

I have hopes, but I will try to keep them at bay until we begin to see results. I feel for the man, he really inherited a crap sandwich with everything!!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Wow, my first thread and since i have a life outside of the internet, well I come back from time to time.

here's my question for those who happen to come across this thread. Why do some Astrologers claim he has the same signs as Kennedy and Lincoln?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hard to say, Lincoln was a Republican.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think as our population continues to grow it will be harder and harder to live up to expectations of past great Presidents. Times are just changing too rapidly for any one man to control.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
"We all declare for liberty; but in using the same word we do not all mean the same thing. With some the word liberty may mean for each man to do as he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor; while with others, the same word may mean for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other men's labor. Here are two, not only different, but incompatible things, called by the same name - liberty. And it follows that each of the things is, by the respective parties, called by two different and incompatible names - liberty and tyranny." – Abraham Lincoln

Lincoln's own words... he is AGAINST redistribution of wealth... Obama's policies are based on redistribution of wealth "share the wealth" as he calls it. These two men are NOTHING alike!

join