It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking at the Moon right now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I look at the moon a lot. Clear California sky right now. Under the right side eye of the moon as you look at it. On the right edge, there is an unusually bright spot that seems to protrude outwards Does anyone else see this? If you know what it is, please let me know. I have never noticed this before.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Nope, really cloudy here. Exactly what does it look like?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
saw two ufo's earlier looking at the moon but not the phenomenon you mention

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You may want to read this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and my post with a link to an article:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well, I am not talking about other planets. Just an unusually bright spot on the (as you are looking) right side. It's been there all day. seems to be protruding. I am well knowledged with star charts. This appears to be coming from the moon surface.

Just curious.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Oh Oh I know ! It's that monolith thing from 2001.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by malignant_tumor

There is a bright area surrounding the crater Stevinus in the southeastern part of the moon. North of that, near the equator is another bright crater called Langrenus, also quite bright.

Either of those ring any bells?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ya, that's probably it, that's all. I wasn't looking through a telescope. More than likely, I just need a new prescription for my glasses. My nephew saw it as well though. It kind of looked like a plume shooting out. OH well, case solved more than likely. Actually, I don't think there was even a case. I need a beer. Well, another one. Or two. Or three. Or four. Or five. Or 18 or......

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
saw two ufo's earlier looking at the moon but not the phenomenon you mention

That was most likely a satellite or aircraft unless it made any highly unusual movements or speed changes.

top topics

join