It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discoveries at Bimini

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
wait poseidon is enki. he had a flying floating city. it didn't sink to the bottom of the ocean, it rose up from a huge gate on the bottom of the ocean floor. so if anything, when it "sunk", it just went back threw the gate. atlantis is not a ruins, it's gone.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by undo]
No, I don't suspect that, friend.

I suggest it was destroyed by the flood, which also raised the sea level at the same time. So hence, it went under the water. The specifics of the flood itself should be addressed.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

no it wasn't destroyed. the outskirts of eridu were destroyed but the e.abzu was not (that was the name given to it by the people after the flood). if it was destroyed, you'd see the remains of an ancient technological wonder smack dab in the middle of iraq

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

no it wasn't destroyed. the outskirts of eridu were destroyed but the e.abzu was not (that was the name given to it by the people after the flood). if it was destroyed, you'd see the remains of an ancient technological wonder smack dab in the middle of iraq

Ill buy that, certainly. But are we allowed to entertain the possibility that "Atlantis" was also heavily damaged by the flood, and not quite where Plato suggests?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
addendum: e.abzu is a holy temple/city. it's made entirely of metal. it was fashioned in the abyss and rose up from it. it floated over (not on) the water. so it was water-going, submersible, and had flight capabilities. there are several descriptions of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

addendum: e.abzu is a holy temple/city. it's made entirely of metal. it was fashioned in the abyss and rose up from it. it floated over (not on) the water. so it was water-going, submersible, and had flight capabilities. there are several descriptions of it.

# E-abzu, "temple of the abzu" (also E-engura "House of the subterranean waters") temple to Enki in Eridu. # E-ad-da, temple to Enlil
en.wikipedia.org...

Gods, Demons and Symbols of Ancient Mesopotamia Page 75
books.google.com... =book_result&resnum=6&ct=result#PPA75,M1

undo, this is the reason your my friend, that wonderful open mind you have

This is also reminiscent of the story of a very large metallic object under the Antarctic ice. This is where the myth meets fact, i suppose.

The idea that ancient gods had powers and technology that is not commonly known, or for that matter, even allowed to be speculated upon, is the rule. The idea of a submersible the size of a aircraft carrier or larger capable of space flight, is itself not out of the realm of possibilities.

If this god had this technology, there is no reason to believe the "other" gods did not have the same. And it is this technology I suggest is the cause of the great flood. I see it as a controlled "Burn" only using water as the destructive force. If this craft were capable of containing millions of gallons of water and it was dropped from a certain altitude, the resulting "Flood" could destroy any structure, structures, under it. Hence, you see the lay of theses ruins at Bimini. Washed away from their original foundations. Multiple passes over 40 days to complete the destruction. But who did this? The perceived good god, or the other "Evil" gods.

The fact that the water level is 110 higher after this event demonstrates a high probability that the water came from somewhere else. We know Mars had water a long time ago. I would suggest that high technology was used to move this water from Mars, to Earth, to cause the great flood. Water from this planet may also have been used, but if the good god "Enki" would have tried to stop this practice, so water from Mars would have been used.

There is great ongoing speculation that these "Evil" gods have a base of operations in this solar system, centered on another planet, Saturn. And that, opens up another real big can of worms, rotten ones at that

[edit on 9-11-2008 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

well thanks. i don't take any credit for it tho, particularly since i have some damage to memory retrieval. this info, however, seems to be easy to remember. you wanna read something REALLY WEIRD?

EZEKIEL 28

"I am a god. I sit on the throne of a god in the heart of the seas."

(he's talking to the king of tyre but by the end of the chapter you realize the entire conversation is not addressing the king of tyre but someone IN the king of tyre (who apparently, WASN'T the king of tyre!)

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Science was once meant to be the field of explorers, adventurers and pioneers. This field is now left to divers and spiritualists.

....aaaand black ops research groups that hold their findings secret, only privy to an elite few, while hiring propaganda campaigns to fictionalize and/or mock any thought of it in the public's mind.

Keep that in mind at all times, thank you.

-

[edit on 9-11-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
this is my atlantis theory so far:

atlantis may have been one of seven such "e.abzu" type cities, which would make them metal, capable of submerging, floating or taking flight. they may be spacecraft, as similar examples can be seen in the flying cities of the hindu mahabharata and the biblical "new city jerusalem."

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

hopefully you aren't insinuating my data is misinformation, because believe me, i got this info from the ancient texts not from some government agency.

for example, the quote from the Mahabharata, Book 7: Dronabhisheka Parva section XI:

The mighty Krishna also slew the valiant king of Chedis, that leader of kings, as if he were some animal, on the occasion of the latter's disputing about the Arghya. Putting forth his prowess, Madhava hurled unto the sea the Daitya city called Saubha, (moving) in the skies, protected by Salwa, and regarded as impregnable.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

There are various 'secret societies' of whom know more about the true history than most of the world. This is a very broad topic though if you research them, you may be surprised in what you didn't know. These groups of people retain this knowledge for their own purposes, and yes, it has alot to do with 'control' as well as lack of faith in humanity of being responsible with such knowledge.

I'm well aware of much of the true history of mankind though its a delicate topic and believe its best for one to find, discover the truth for one's self. Truth has always been self-evident. It's too bad humanity has been drowning in a sea of lies since the dawn of man. Here's a good link to get you started if you wish to take that path:

One point I'd like to make before referring to the link below is the concept of 'Satan'. This word has different meanings unto different subcultures. You might want to google/explore the conception of the word 'Satan' before continuing with the link. I provided the link below as a starting ground for discovering what these 'secret societies' think though its best to to consult with multiple sources until you find the truth for yourself. Many times the members of these secret societies are fooled themselves as to the truth in order that they, themselves are to be controlled to achieve an agenda of who is truely behind that curtain pulling the strings of mankind. I've discussed some of these matters here on ATS if interested.

forbidden knowledge

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
reply to post by bpg131313

There are various 'secret societies' of whom know more about the true history than most of the world. This is a very broad topic though if you research them, you may be surprised in what you didn't know. These groups of people retain this knowledge for their own purposes, and yes, it has alot to do with 'control' as well as lack of faith in humanity of being responsible with such knowledge.

I'm well aware of much of the true history of mankind though its a delicate topic and believe its best for one to find, discover the truth for one's self. Truth has always been self-evident. It's too bad humanity has been drowning in a sea of lies since the dawn of man. Here's a good link to get you started if you wish to take that path:

forbidden knowledge

The directors of the conspiracy must see or otherwise directly perceive manifestations which convince them of the existence and power of Lucifer. And since subtle conspirators must be very shrewd men, not likely to be deceived by auto-suggestion, hypnosis, or drugs, we should have to conclude that they probably are in contact with a force of pure evil." (Prof. Revilo P. Oliver, Conspiracy or Degeneracy?, USA)
Those are the forces I consider the "Unseen" forces. Not all evil.

What has all of this have to do with Bimini? Everything! A concealed history exposed, will explain these ruins.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The island is the site of one of the largest volcanic eruptions the planet has ever seen: the Minoan eruption (sometimes called the Thera eruption), which occurred some 3,600 years ago at the height of the Minoan civilization. The eruption left a large caldera surrounded by volcanic ash deposits hundreds of feet deep and may have led indirectly to the collapse of the Minoan civilization on the island of Crete, 110 km (70 miles) to the south, through the creation of a gigantic tsunami. Another popular theory holds that the Thera eruption is the source of the legend of Atlantis.

Atlantis?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

During the interglacial thaw after the Sangamon Ice Age, which peaked some seventy thousand years ago, water levels rose by at least one hundred feet, almost enitely inundating the bahamas. This was follwed by the gradual cooling the toward the most recent ice age, called the Wisconsin, which reached its climax no more that sitenn thousand years ago, when man was already established throughout the American continent. Sea levels fell by as much as three hundred feet, hugely increasing the land area of the Bahamas and narrowing the gaps between the islands and the the main.
Page 7 Islanders in the Stream By Michael Craton, Gail Saunders

Plato says that the capital city of Atlantis was near a plain measuring 2,000 x 3,000 stadia, which in modern figures is about 230 by 340 miles (slightly larger than the state of South Dakota in the United States). There were mountains surrounding this plain on three sides. The size of Atlantis depends on the extent of these mountain ranges, and Plato doesn't specify how wide these mountain ranges were

Ive included this image with measurements. As you can see the size matches closely.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Science was once meant to be the field of explorers, adventurers and pioneers. This field is now left to divers and spiritualists.

....aaaand black ops research groups that hold their findings secret, only privy to an elite few, while hiring propaganda campaigns to fictionalize and/or mock any thought of it in the public's mind.

Keep that in mind at all times, thank you.

-

[edit on 9-11-2008 by prevenge]
Me, hired? Wheres the paycheck then

I'm sure their out there, somewhere deep in the dark recesses, under a mountain, that may be going on, or has been going on. But here, and now, I think we are honestly trying to untangle those webs that were spun so many years ago. At least thats what I have in mind.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

During the interglacial thaw after the Sangamon Ice Age, which peaked some seventy thousand years ago, water levels rose by at least one hundred feet, almost enitely inundating the bahamas. This was follwed by the gradual cooling the toward the most recent ice age, called the Wisconsin, which reached its climax no more that sitenn thousand years ago, when man was already established throughout the American continent. Sea levels fell by as much as three hundred feet, hugely increasing the land area of the Bahamas and narrowing the gaps between the islands and the the main.
Page 7 Islanders in the Stream By Michael Craton, Gail Saunders

Plato says that the capital city of Atlantis was near a plain measuring 2,000 x 3,000 stadia, which in modern figures is about 230 by 340 miles (slightly larger than the state of South Dakota in the United States). There were mountains surrounding this plain on three sides. The size of Atlantis depends on the extent of these mountain ranges, and Plato doesn't specify how wide these mountain ranges were

Ive included this image with measurements. As you can see the size matches closely.

During the interglacial thaw after the Sangamon Ice Age, which peaked some seventy thousand years ago, water levels rose by at least one hundred feet, almost enitely inundating the bahamas. This was follwed by the gradual cooling the toward the most recent ice age, called the Wisconsin, which reached its climax no more that sitenn thousand years ago,

I see what your driving at, but that was some 6 or 7 thousand years previous to this sea level we are looking at. There must be a polar max that cant be higher. Ice will only pile up to certain highs. I'm sure there is a computer model somewhere that can evaluate this. How much water can the polar regions hold verses how much water was here already. I would be willing to bet a discrepancy of about 100 feet globally.

The location of your Atlantis seems to be logical, but is it only a outpost, or the entire country. Undo has brought up some interesting facts to consider.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This is pretty old news. Most Coast to Coast listeners were familiar with both the story and images more than a year ago! Very interesting though

IRM

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
this is very cool. thanks for sharing

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
This is pretty old news. Most Coast to Coast listeners were familiar with both the story and images more than a year ago! Very interesting though

IRM
Coast to Coast is a great program, I used to listen to it every night while I drove, but not practical now a days.

The one thing C2C doesn't have is the ability to communicate to a very deep degree. Thats why ATS, is the best

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Looks like some people would like to capitalize on the idea of the Bahamas being Atlantis.

Atlantis Resort, Bahamas.

Its funny that 'scientists' laugh at the religious belief that the world is 6000 years old yet they like to think that humans are millions of years old yet we have only been civilized for a couple of thousands of years 6000 years.

According to most North American Indian Lore, their stories all tell of great cataclysms that forced them underground while their land was completly destroyed. Carolina Comets?

The hopi state that we are in the fourth world 10,500b.c- present. The 3rd world(70,000bc-30,000bc) was decribed as having city of lights, 'flying shields', and an evil over populated earth which was destroyed by the 'brothers' leaving their posts at the poles, spinning the earth out of control causing massive floods, global volcanic activity, ocean ridge eruptions and earthquakes. Their god later returned the brothers to the poles and promised that the 4th world people will not learn of their emergence from the 3rd till much later. Roughly our time.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
On the other hand, the Popol Vu, an ancient Mexican history book, says that the ancient ancestors sailed to Central America from across the Eastern Ocean during a time of "black rain and constant twilight" also known as the Ice Age. Of course, the Eastern Ocean refers to the Atlantic which is etymologically derived from the name Atlas, who was a son of Posidon ("Father" Sidon), a son of Canaan, who was a son of Ham, also known as Chronus, Gargoris, Khem, and Cham.www.articlesbase.com...

Therefore, the ancient Mexican homeland was the Atlas empire with the Atlas Mountains near Gibraltar being named after him. That maritime kingdom included the coastal regions in many parts of the Atlantic Ocean during the Ice Age. Sunken ruins of this kingdom are reported off southern Spain, Morocco, the Teneriffe Islands, and the Bimini Islands located just east of Miami, all being coastal port facilities during the Ice Age when the sea level was close to 100 meters lower.

There are many ancient legends about a now submerged empire. The Dutch refer to it as Atland, the British name it Avalon, the Spanish name it Atlantica, the Portuguese name it Atlantida, and of course, the Mexicans have a legend about Atlan. Obviously, these legends are all speaking about the same Atlantic Ice Age empire whose namesake was Atlas, or the Map Man, who used the ancient mapping methodology explained in article #2 at IceAgeCivilizations.com.
www.articlesbase.com...

Could it be that the egyptian priests that relayed the story of ATLANtis to Plato didnt have all the facts either and mabey was just describing north America and or the Mayan/Aztlan/Peruvian "empires"?.
Egypt sent ships looking for atlantis for they had possesion of ancient works and mapsl. So this was thousands of years before their time aswell. Their evidence and names used I am sure were assumptions and based on really old stories and archaeology of their time.

North America may have a richer more complex history than we know. One just has to look at the amazing building practices of the Bolivians/Peruvians, and Mayan and their super acurate calendars to know that these people must of had a very long history that predates conventional history and the Americas could be more rich in ancient ruins and history than anywhere in the world.

Why so much emphasis on the all seeing eye, ancient egypt, pharoas, and pyramids when there is an abundant of archaeological marvel under our feet?

It would be fair to say that they are ignoring real history pertaining to our histories and emergence.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join