It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discoveries at Bimini

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

In June 2007, Drs. Greg and Lora Little conducted an expedition to Bimini accompanied by Krista and Eslie Brown. The purpose of the trip was to conduct side-scan sonar of the Bimini Road, the Paradise Point Pier, and the line of stones known as Proctor’s Road. In addition, we planned to investigate the site of Donato’s underwater rectangles and a stone formation 7-miles north of Bimini. We have obtained our own side-scan sonar unit, built it into a fully portable model, and utilized it to identify and examine a host of underwater features.

Proctor’s Road is a mile-long line of stones to the west of the Bimini Road, near the North Bimini shoreline. Previous research had shown that there were five complete or partial stone circles there, formed from huge stone blocks arranged into circular patterns. These are perhaps mooring circles, a method of ship mooring utilized at several ancient Mediterranean harbors, including the previously mentioned Cosa harbor. The side-scan sonar was used to measure and analyze the circles. We were able to identify several of these with the side-scan. In addition, the side-scan sonar was used to obtain a complete image of both the Bimini Road and the Paradise Point Pier. When the images were obtained, sand had covered wide portions of the Bimini Road.

Discovery of Marble “Ruins”

Several years ago the Browns learned of an area about 7-miles north of Bimini, which had some interesting stone blocks on the bottom. Reaching this area, we saw a few dark, coral encrusted beams of stone and several small piles covered with sand. The side-scan sonar revealed that the area was actually widely littered with apparently stone forms hidden under sand.

Focusing our efforts on the one small exposed area, we were astonished to see a triangular, well-polished slab of stone that appeared exactly like the apex at the top tip of a roof on a temple. It was about 7-feet long and its thickness is unknown. The triangular stone was embedded in sand but we were able to confirm that it was at least three feet thick. After cleaning this stone of sand and debris, a beautiful, somewhat ornate slab was revealed. Several small pieces off the edge of this apex were removed and brought to the surface. It was white marble, gleaming like quartz in the sun. Several beams, some as long as 15-feet were found, with one end disappearing into the sand. In addition, columns, polished building slabs, and many smaller blocks were found. Small samples revealed that these were of the same type of white marble. Knowing that the site had been previously known, we then scoured records to see what had been written about it. We found that in 1970, Richard Wingate and a group of researchers had investigated the marble. Using an underwater sand blower, Wingate found that the marble was widely scattered and had at least three layers of slabs before it reached the bedrock seabed. Under the bottom layer of marble, Wingate found the wooden ribs of an old ship. According to Wingate’s group, not far from this site there are massive areas covered with granite slabs, supposedly from two other shipwrecks.

Full story with lots of images here

Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link
"post NO MORE THAN 15% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least)"

[edit on 9/11/08 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I've been a long time skeptic of the bimini road so I'll proudly be the first to say......

ZOMG

That is just amazing on so many levels. I can't believe it. I eagerly await the dates placed on those blocks. CAPITAL find!

[edit on 11/8/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
HAIL ATLANTIS.

Here is some work I did on another thread, ill copy paste for i think it is really relevant to this break through.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know in my heart the true history of man and his footprints from his emergence are reappearing and will continue to do so in an alarming rate.

Spamming: You will not post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums.

[edit on 9/11/08 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Very interesting. I was in search of Atlantis a few years ago.

I dove off the western coast of Bimini in 1999 in search of relics of ancient ruins. I found an ancient road of stone though did not have enough time to explore the outer realms of the island. I found the cornice (roof) picture most interesting and it appears to be Doric Grecian of around 400-500 BC. World sea levels were much lower in the day.

The ancient Minoans and Egyptians probably originally settled in the Americas and influenced the Mayan architecture. They were all most probably murdered or died of disease.

I personally believe that the islands of the day (Bimini, Bahamas) were preferred for settlement over the mainland of the American continent due to the risk of settling with the indians on mainland North America. The Minoans/Grecians were few, the indians, many. Makes sense to keep a little distance. The Grecians preferred their 'distance' for security while attempting to trade, search for gold, jewels and other items for trade with the Mediterranean.

I dove off the waters off Santorini island otherwise known as Thera in Roman and Thira in Greek. This was disappointing in that most of the waters were off limits to divers since the whole area around the island was considered an underwater preserve. The authorities don't want tourists plucking the ancient artifacts of which is understood.

I personally believe, based on prior historical record, experience and 'intuition' that Atlantis was actually constructed in the bay of Santorini, Greece of which was destroyed via volcanic eruption caused by the passing of planet Nibiru of which is to arrive to Earth once again Dec. 2012.

Every 3600 years Nibiru orbits the Earth with catastrophic consequences from impacting meteorites of which orbit Nibiru itself and impact the Earth. Also, the electromagnetic pull of Nibiru with the Sun and Moon will further stretch the Earth's crust causing massive volcanism, earthquakes and tsunamis. Earth's geostrata confirms this.

The good news is, those that survive will have a chance to start 'civilization' anew. Hopefully, mankind has evolved and learned from the past to achieve a higher realm of existence. A barter system will prevail; a collective sense of self government of individuals co-existing among one another and achieving a certain level of interdependency should be preferred over the animal/archaic instinct of man so evident in history. We'll see soon enough.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It contradicts "science" so nobody will talk about it.
Science was supposed to investigate new stuff, unlike religion, but it seems people are afraid, so as soon as they think they found a "stable system of beliefs" that arranges their little world they hold on to it no matter what, to feel more secure.
It's not only this it's also "science careers" and stuff that are in "danger"

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com... IMO we have been here much longer than we think.More and more we are finding this out.Our history that once was hidden will one day finally get told. A possible 11,000 year old temple thats 6,000 years older thats Stonehenge now this.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

Right you are, Mr. Pai Mei.
This gigantic Bimini mystery is just sitting there, waiting to be dug up. And, it's sitting a mere 45 minute ocean pleasure cruise away from the home of the free and land of the brave...
If they can send a man to the moon (???), by all the gods, why can't they get to the bottom of the Bimini mystery?
The truth isn't "out there", the truth is "down there".
Ah, if only I could swim.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Science was once meant to be the field of explorers, adventurers and pioneers. This field is now left to divers and spiritualists.

Nice thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Edgar Cayce spoke of Atlantis being somewhere off the coast of Florida if I remember right. Anyone who dont know who he is
en.wikipedia.org...

There you are. This is exciting but its over a year old. Why is this now coming up? Why did the media never say anything? I personally believe Atlantis did exist and that we have been here for much longer than science will tell us. But if we find out that we have been here for much longer than science tells us then it disproves many of their theories. I hope we find it and I hope someone with money steps up to help excavate it.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Does the pictures in the OP actually has to do with the text? Because I'd think its darker at 100 feet than that, seeing the sunshine strongly on the seabed. Its hard to see the scale of the thing, but it reminds me of a 16-17th century fortification. All its missing is cannons

(I think its quite a bit smaller though)

[edit on 9-11-2008 by merka]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

why would it be hundreds of feet? the article, if you bothered to read it by clicking the link, answers all your questions.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I think merka was talking about the last photo, its caption says:

Corner of one of the rectangular forms at 100-feet.
In the bottom center there are small blocks on top of each other. Note the unusual vertical stone on the lower left.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
A thing I find a bit strange is this fragment from the text:

Under the bottom layer of marble, Wingate found the wooden ribs of an old ship. According to Wingate’s group, not far from this site there are massive areas covered with granite slabs, supposedly from two other shipwrecks.
Is it just my interpretation or does it mean that the marble slabs were transported on some ship? If that was the meaning then what we need to know is the age of that old ship, as far as I know it could have been some 19th century ship moving some marble pieces to an American museum, for example, so why didn't they got a piece of the wood to clear this situation?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
How many of you remember the Cuban megalithic city discovery? Back in 2000-2001 by Paula Zelitsky who owned a vessel which used side-scan to locate old ship-wrecks.. her company was hired by Cuba to find, ideally old treasure in the Cuban waters. This was a flash in the pan kind of story that died VERY quickly, though not because there wasn't anything there. There were reports of official quarters acting quickly to shut this down. National Geographic had big plans to bring the discovery to the world through a major documentary.. then all of a sudden, everything went silent.

Anyway, I just remember seeing these amazing side-scan sonar pics. Especially when you realize how big these things supposedly are. It's not that far from Bimini, such that this might all be indicating a fairly large & developed society.

I was able to find this cached version of Earthfiles on the story, including some of those side-scan shots, though much smaller than the original pics I remember seeing:

www.altarcheologie.nl.../cuba/Earthfiles_com_2.htm

[edit on 9-11-2008 by CepheidVariable]

I do not know why, but this forum is not letting me add the full content of the URL.. it is truncating the middle portion which nullifies the link.. Let me try one more time.. if this doesn't work, just do a google search for:

Underwater City Reported Off Western Cuba
& look for the link starting with: www.altarcheologie.nl

Anyway, here goes:

Cuban City

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tricky63
www.huffingtonpost.com... IMO we have been here much longer than we think.More and more we are finding this out.Our history that once was hidden will one day finally get told. A possible 11,000 year old temple thats 6,000 years older thats Stonehenge now this.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Tricky63]

I think the really interesting thing will be to discover who knew what. We know that people withhold information as a means of controlling people. What we don't know is how much of this historic knowledge is actually known. We don't know if there were some form of records taken from a site like this and lie in some hidden vault. I hope more and more people start to really investigate this. What will it mean for humanity? I'm not sure. But at least we'll know.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
A thing I find a bit strange is this fragment from the text:

Under the bottom layer of marble, Wingate found the wooden ribs of an old ship. According to Wingate’s group, not far from this site there are massive areas covered with granite slabs, supposedly from two other shipwrecks.
Is it just my interpretation or does it mean that the marble slabs were transported on some ship? If that was the meaning then what we need to know is the age of that old ship, as far as I know it could have been some 19th century ship moving some marble pieces to an American museum, for example, so why didn't they got a piece of the wood to clear this situation?

Here's my though on the matter. If these things had been en-route to America and had gone down in a storm or something, there would have been a recovery operation. The water isn't all that deep at this site and recovery wouldn't have been too difficult. There are recovery operations that happen all the time these days. This fact alone suggests that these items were on the bottom of the ocean to begin with. There were pictures of shipwrecks included (the piles of granite stones used as ballast most likely), but those are different from those structural elements pictured. I wish were able to put a huge ring out and seal it off, pump out all the water and send the archeologists in with everything they have. What I want to find most are tablets. Something that's been engraved with writing.

Here's a question for everyone out there though. We use the reported death of Jesus as the starting point for our years. Well, if these people existed thousands of years before that, what system would they likely have used? Things like this fascinate me.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I think merka was talking about the last photo

No I was talking about the ones in the OP.

They are by far the only images that actually look like something other than generic rock formations. The whole argument is that the stuff at 100 feet depth was conveniently above sea level some 12,000 years ago: these pictures DO NOT look like they're at 100 feet. But granted, I'm not a diving expert.

Because if they arent at 100 feet, then its just plain deception. It can be a submerged piece of a renaissance harbor like 10m outside a well known Carribean port for all we know.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

the reason it does not look like 100 feet and is so clear is because of the Carribean. I have been there multiple times and seeing 100 feet down is easy there compared to most other places on earth. The water is literally clean like glass. On a glass bottom boat you can see the bottom at well over 100 feet easily

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm not much of a scientist, or for that matter, extremely intelligent. I do the best I can with what I got
I consider myself to be a Iconoclastic Visionary. And as such, I am free to see and consider things that are not allowed in the "Ordinary" realm of the controlled Institutions.

Atlantis is considered by some to be a myth, others a factual part of our past. I tend to side with those with a open mind, free of a mind inhibiting education

As the casual reader may have gathered by now, something is just not right. You have been taught by your teachers, who you may have loved, that the worlds history is black and white, and that things of the past were mere myths, and fantastic stories made up by people who had nothing else to do in life. If you open your mind and allow alternate explanations to some of these outlandish claims you will begin to see the world as it really was, and is.

These findings at Bimini should not be taken out of context, and scientific "Assumptions" must be guarded, and open to revision as other information becomes available.

This site is most likely antediluvian and was destroyed in the biblical flood. You will find many such locations around the world that come from the same time frame. Because of Biblical descriptions of the flood we know it occurred over a 40 day period.

This site is important because it calls out the amount of water that was "Added", to this planet. 110 feet. If 110 feet of water were removed, many more coastal sites would be exposed. . For a map of possible other sites I suggest that some one with better than average computer skills create a program that will redraw the coastal areas where the current sea level is dropped by 110 feet. This new map then would show you the probable areas to search. Some may claim that no water was added and it was the act of the polar regions melting, that is one theory. I will offer another.

Beyond most peoples ability to see and comprehend lies what I call "Unseen Forces". Many in past times have called them gods, and today, you call them UFOs. You stick to the old scriptures as though there are no other answers than what is provided within those pages. You have become stagnate in your abilities to think for yourself because you are taught that doing so will go against the status quo, or heresy. All I can say is use those scriptures where it is logical to do so. Logical in the real world, where things are physical and concrete. The answers are here, waiting to be found.

We have somehow limited those unseen forces into what we were taught was the bible. Gods holy word could not be wrong, right? You must step out of that programing to see the truth. You assume without any evidence that God is everything and created everything, when in fact this might not be the case. We have 10,000 or 12,000 years of history that must be unraveled and released, and to do this, you must release your mind from what has been given to you.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
wait poseidon is enki. he had a flying floating city. it didn't sink to the bottom of the ocean, it rose up from a huge gate on the bottom of the ocean floor. so if anything, when it "sunk", it just went back threw the gate. atlantis is not a ruins, it's gone.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by undo]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join