It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama apologizes to Nancy Reagan for 'seance' crack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Obama apologizes to Nancy Reagan for 'seance' crack

afp.google.com

CHICAGO (AFP) — Barack Obama's first press conference as US president-elect came with an apology attached Friday, as he phoned former first lady Nancy Reagan seeking forgiveness over a "careless" crack about her conducting seances.

"President-elect Barack Obama called Nancy Reagan today to apologize for the careless and off-handed remark he made during today's press conference," Obama transition team spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter said in a statement a few hours after the briefing.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.americanthinker.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Top Secret CIA Briefing Of Obama

Here is a link that I just discovered, totally on topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This was really pretty bizarre. I guess Obama is skeptical about life after death (and I don't want to criticize that, but what was he thinking?)

I wonder if there is something here related to his top-secret briefing from last Thursday? What did Obama hear in that briefing which put him into the frame of reference, where he would make such a remark in the first place? Not your usual Obama "smoothness of demeanor", which we have come to expect. I have not heard him fumble like this before.

Odd and filled with weird possibilities.

afp.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think all presidents take part in voodoo,as it is probably the religion of the white house. They are not christians, period.

He is just trying to deflect, others saying he may get involved in that stuff.

[edit on 11/8/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I will elaborate a bit....

We know that both Nancy and Ronald Reagan had open minds with regard to paranormal, mystic, occult phenomenon. (This is highly documented and I won't provide links unless requested.) For example, it is well known that Reagan often alluded to the possibility of alien attacks, and the consequence of that uniting mankind. And Nancy consulted with astrologers. Perhaps Ronald did as well.

People ridicule the Reagans for that. Including Obama.

But you have to consider that, even if most occultists are hoaxers, and virtually all astrologers and mediums are false -- at the very top of humanity there MAY exist some real and credible occult phenomenon.

Where would you find these true examples?

Obviously, if they exist, you would find them at the very top-levels of government, and within reach of the US President.

So Obama's dismissal of this, and later recanting, reveals something strange. He is skeptical. But, he is willing to change his mind and listen to viewpoints.

I actually think it is less significant that he made the original comment than the fact that we was willing to apologize for it.

Perhaps he did some investigation, and decided to bend on this point?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I think all presidents take part in voodoo, as it is probably the religion of the white house. They are not christians, period.

He is just trying to deflect, others saying he may get involved in that stuff.

I think that is quite possible, although you won't ever hear about it elsewhere.

It is all part of the secret inner circle, never to be revealed by anyone. Maybe.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think he just gave in to public opinion and made an apology for an offhand remark that was found distasteful.
To me it doesn't tell me anything about where he actually stands on such matters.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthchild
I think he just gave in to public opinion and made an apology for an offhand remark that was found distasteful.
To me it doesn't tell me anything about where he actually stands on such matters.

I think your first comment is simple reality, and probably not much else there.

However, I respectfully disagree on your second comment -- we know where he stands. He thinks that speaking with dead is a ridiculous idea, and is quite willing to ridicule Nancy Reagan (at least on impulse) for holding such believes. Maybe that is good, or bad. I don't want a President that is heavily loaded down with occult beliefs. But I want a President that is respectful of weird ideas. It is a narrow channel to navigate with me.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
True, but I know I've said stupid things off the cuff without thinking, or having the chance to think.
I've said stuff out of nervousness, that weren't my real feelings but I sensed thats what the crowd wanted to hear, but later I wished I could take back.

Maybe he does think the paranormal, UFO's etc is all crap, maybe the majority of people do too.
Right now I don't know for sure what any one of us thinks but it isn't a static thing.
It's a tough road for him to walk.
Good luck to him 'cause everyone is watching.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
the Obama family may be a case in point of an 'outsider' having been groomed over time to become an 'insider', to serve a purpose for the controlling elite; the president elect has probably been slowly briefed over time about many things he (or the public) was not otherwise privvy to; in a sense, he may be the elite's perfect puppet, since they can offer to him only what he needs to know, and nothing more..

there is abundant evidence that for centuries, world leaders have had strong occult connections and secret proceedings; Obama may not be of 'royal blood', but he may be... who can say for sure..?

nonetheless, he could be the perfect chess-piece, since his public support is so high, the controlling elite can implement whatever they want in the name of a man who no one dare criticize for fear of being labelled a racist bigot neanderthal..

this scares me, and it just might scare Obama too... I wonder..

top topics

join