It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
By NWV News writer Jim Kouri
Posted 1:00 AM Eastern
September 28, 2010
© 2010 NewsWithViews.com
This past week was a busy one in New York City’s United Nations building. Besides the speeches by Iran’s president and the U.S. president, there were meetings and conferences regarding the future of planet earth. While all eyes were on the speeches and pomp and circumstance of world leaders, the denizens of U.S. newsrooms ignored what one observer termed “The Mother of All Power Grabs.”
The United Nations General Assembly is considering a historic resolution recognizing the human right to "safe and clean drinking water and sanitation" initiated by the Bolivian government. Other UN members have been consulted on the resolution and the final text is expected to be presented to the President of the General Assembly.
In a letter sent today to all UN Ambassadors and permanent missions, global water advocate and Blue Planet Project founder Maude Barlow urges a decisive and swift passage of the resolution.
"This would be one of the most important things the UN has done since the Universal Declaration of Human Rights," says Barlow, who chairs the boards of the Council of Canadians and Washington-based Food and Water Watch. In 2008/2009, Barlow served as Senior Advisor on Water to the 63rd President of the UN General Assembly.
Originally posted by antar
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In medicine, body water is all of the water content of the human body. A significant fraction of the human body is water.
Guyton's Textbook of Medical Physiology states that "the total amount of water in a man of average weight (70 kilograms) is approximately 40 liters, averaging 57 percent of his total body weight. In a newborn infant, this may be as high as 75 percent of the body weight, but it progressively decreases from birth to old age, most of the decrease occurring during the first 10 years of life. Also, obesity decreases the percentage of water in the body, sometimes to as low as 45 percent". These figures are statistical averages, so are illustrative, and like all biostatistics, will vary with things like type of population, age and number of people sampled, and methodology. So there is not, and cannot be, a figure that is exactly the same for all people, for this or any other physiological measure. For example, Jackson's (1985) Anatomy & Physiology for Nurses gives a figure of 60% for the proportion of body-weight attributable to water, which approximates Guyton's 57%.
Regarding specific tissues: Lean muscle tissue contains about 75% water by weight. Blood contains almost 70% water, body fat contains 10% water and bone has 22% water. Skin also contains much water. The human body is about 60% water in adult males and 55% in adult females.
In diseased states where body water is affected, the compartment or compartments that have changed can give clues to the nature of the problem. Body water is regulated by hormones, including anti-diuretic hormone (ADH), aldosterone and atrial natriuretic peptide.
There are many methods to determine body water. One way to get a simple estimate is by calculation.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about general aspects of water. For a detailed discussion of its properties, see Properties of water. For other uses, see Water (disambiguation).
Water in three states: liquid, solid (ice), and (invisible) water vapor in the air. Clouds are accumulations of water droplets, condensed from vapor-saturated air.Water is a chemical substance with the chemical formula H2O. Its molecule contains one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms connected by covalent bonds. Water is a liquid at ambient conditions, but it often co-exists on Earth with its solid state, ice, and gaseous state, water vapor or steam.
Water covers 70.9% of the Earth's surface, and is vital for all known forms of life. On Earth, it is found mostly in oceans and other large water bodies, with 1.6% of water below ground in aquifers and 0.001% in the air as vapor, clouds (formed of solid and liquid water particles suspended in air), and precipitation. Oceans hold 97% of surface water, glaciers and polar ice caps 2.4%, and other land surface water such as rivers, lakes and ponds 0.6%. A very small amount of the Earth's water is contained within biological bodies and manufactured products.
Water on Earth moves continually through a cycle of evaporation or transpiration (evapotranspiration), precipitation, and runoff, usually reaching the sea. Over land, evaporation and transpiration contribute to the precipitation over land.
Clean drinking water is essential to human and other lifeforms. Access to safe drinking water has improved steadily and substantially over the last decades in almost every part of the world. There is a clear correlation between access to safe water and GDP per capita. However, some observers have estimated that by 2025 more than half of the world population will be facing water-based vulnerability. A recent report (November 2009) suggests that by 2030, in some developing regions of the world, water demand will exceed supply by 50%. Water plays an important role in the world economy, as it functions as a solvent for a wide variety of chemical substances and facilitates industrial cooling and transportation. Approximately 70% of freshwater is consumed by agriculture.
See the correlation?
If you watch what threads interest me most and not all are about water, you will see where I am going in my vision of where the energy needs to be directed in our light work. It is not so much about the portals themselves, there are far too many and have been opened throughout time as we know it in this dimension, well unless that is your specific target...
Water on earth, water in the bodies of all living organisms are at high risk from contamination and utter annihilation by the lower astrals and their agenda.
Vaccines pollute the body of man, contamination of feed and agricultural practices by companies like Monsanto and the rest trying to contaminate the ecosystem and all living species who eat within the system, pollution of our very dome, the air we breath and the air itself as water vapor. They give us a fantastic ride, and many distractions, it is a Disneyland adventure for sure and just because someone works for one of the agencies and companies does not mean they are the lowers, no, it is much harder than that to discover who is a budding soul and who is working against the budding soul.
There are the awakened ones to be certain, they are here as well, and the lowers would have us interested in the Monsanto's rather than the Buddhas (yes Christ is a Buddha) and that is a confusion, but when you attempt to help from a higher level all that is irrelevant.
What matters is that you stand back and see things as they are and not how you are conditioned geopolitically, geographically, religiously to accept things. Awareness and trust, not fear and distraction.
edit on 10-9-2010 by antar because: Need to add a bit more
Originally posted by antar
Oops I figured that would be a brazen example...
What I am saying is that the Catholic Church, all churches for that matter don't make money and members when everything is going good, they come in handy most when people are in anguish and despair. Now don't go all literal on that, I know there are exceptions.
I am not putting down anyone's faith, I have sampled them all myself in the past, distant past.
Mother Teresa is a perfect example, if the church had not agreed to the wars and blessed those going in, there would have been no orphans in the first place, and without the disfigured and deformed, sick and displaced children of war, Mother Teresa would not have been used by the church to become the saint she was.
What did she change? How are things different? Did she simply follow orders or did she go up against the church and fight for the rights of the children against war and the abominations they created all in the name of God, of a geographic, geopolitical God?
I am not here to console you, but to make you think.
As long as she states that birth control, abortion is not appropriate, the world will continue to follow dead roads leading to death and misery.
Misery makes headlines, misery makes money, and misery makes 20th century Saints.
Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Dr Cosma
Can you link me to the Starwars stuff? I have never heard of it and (my comp just went wierd, when I typed all I got were lines) am curious.
My name was given to me by Osho long ago in a place far far away....
It means this to my knowledge and is a direction, a path which I walk alone as a New Order Sannyasin.
Divine Mother of the Inner Flame...
All women are initiated as "Ma" in respect to the female side of the balance and all men "Swami". It's just another path to leave in the past, another thing to drop as we move forward into the mystical awareness and enlightenment which is our birthrite.
Originally posted by cosmicpixie
I just wanted to ask you a couple of qestions :
1. Are you one of those who believes that in 2012 there will be some sort of "shift" whereby a "new earth" is created in some parallel /other dimension so that some people currently here on Earth will "rise" or "ascend" to that dimension in the twinkling of an eye, pretty much unawares, and that that dimension is more of the energy of love and light and those people left behind here on this current earth will be "trapped" in the 3rd dimension on a soul-level until another chance for them to "ascend" comes around again after another 26,0000 years ?
2. Are you aware the NWO are working towards installing an "occult theocracy" here on Earth, to be headed by the Maitreya ("World teacher") and that this Maitreya is a bridge for humans to get to know about UFO's and their occupents more, and that eventually humans will work with these ET's.........thought I'd mention it given how you are of the opinion the ET's are involved.
3. For those people more aware of the dark agenda being played out, what do you believe happens to those people given they are more attuned to the "light", more "aware"....where do these souls go in your opinion when the "gates" to darkness open more. I've had many after death communications with my father and know he is in a good and peaceful place, in the light....when the gates to darkness open more, do you think people here who die will not be able to reach that light anymore and if so, what makes you think that ? EG 2012 comes, the big shift occurs, I don't die til let's say 20 years later and am witness to some big changes on earth, the implementation of this occult theocracy, open ET presence on earth, etc....then I die due to natural causes.....surely the fact that I've been awake and aware during all of this is enough for me to find my way "home" when I cross over....?
4. If the dark astral net is closing in faster and faster how do we avoid getting snared into it....surely by being awake and aware we are protected ?
5. Do you think for the souls more ensared in the darkness, it is their soul choice to experience that, and that it is something their soul needs to go through ? Surely throughout their lifetimes they have had choice to connect to the light and become aware, choices to undo their conditioning, choice to question, choice to see reality as it is but they instead chose to remain asleep.....? Is it really all doom for those souls ? As you have said, everything has to ascend so even if this world becomes taken over by the darker astral forces won't IT TOO have to ascend evenutally, won't those lower astral forces evolve too or do you think they are in darkness for "eternity" ?
Thanks in advance for your replies.