It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher light nonsense..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Okay... Maybe i'm having a bad day, but I am absolutely sick of these posts that waffle on about Pleidean high light councils that 'channel' VERY important messages to people who then go and post them on conspiracy sites...

No offence to anyone, but they seem to be filled with very little real information, absolutely NO proof of anything that cannot be explained in earthly terms and when people seem to complain about these posts, they get accused of being 'narrow minded', 'un-spiritual', or 'in need of raising their vibrations'... Like any of those ill thought excuses actually mean a damn thing....

Don't get me wrong, I meditate occasionally, do my bit for the good of human kind (when time and money allows me) and i've read a huge assortment of books and articles dealing with dozens of religions and beliefs all across the globe.

Yet, the second i say... 'hmm, can you provide some answers, y'know go into a little bit of detail about these so called higher beings', i get bombarded with insulting messages and replies saying things like 'hey man, you gotta improve your frequencies and vibrations'.... or 'you're narrow minded, you won't understand'...

It's all well and good coming on to this website telling people to be nice and not kill things (which as far as i'm concerned is basic common sense) and i don't need fictional aliens telling me to do that.

But

How on earth this new age rubbish has become so popular is beyond me.

Oh and before I get swamped with flames, I also study (in great detail) frequencies and vibrations at a higher education level. I am all too familiar with the Nyquist theorem and Sabine and the like.... I am very aware of Cymatics and Masumo Emoto's studies and strange frequencies in crop circles and the like... So, yes I have done my research... And for an atheist, I think I am keeping the balance by studying religion and spirituality (To prove myself wrong), but up to now, all I see is the same old trash recycled again and again and again....

And what about all these supposed weapons that are hovering the earth that belong to some reptillian opressor? How on earth can anyone babble such rubbish, without ANY proof what so ever and get away with it? Let alone make money from selling books...

And then we get posters who claim that all animals were once vegetarians and it was humans who corrupted them and made them meat eaters...

Seriously.... What gives?

[edit - angry typo]

[edit on 8-11-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
My sentiments exactly! Because of these self same posts I am becoming even more skepticle about any Extraterestrial messages that actualy might be true. Many sound like drug induced euphoria more than true enlightenment! But, like they say, everybody has opinions!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Of course everybody has opinions....

But imagine if came onto this forum and saying...

'Guess what guys, last night i was channeled by a very clever piece of cheese, who told me that the moon landings were hoaxed because the scientists were warned that their landing equipment would disrupt a vital cheese trading route between Jupiter and Uranus. Oh and even though the details of how i was channeled are unimportant, I will go further to state that world leaders should all eat cheddar and we should avoid milk...

Also, buy this book'

I'd be shot. Know what I mean?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hell - I wish I knew. Its plagued me all my life - and I haven't a clue.

I'd like to just be "normal" - instead of walking my life somewhere on the side track.

To just know stuff like your plugged into something - but have no clue what to do about it - is maddening. Worst of all trying to find other like minds - that are REAL and not just reading the latest fad new age book.

"Witch Mountain" anyone?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Vegetarian soul energy alert. Turn off your receivers for the next 48 hours. We are going out tonight and tomorrow to blast a few wild hogs and hopefully a nice tender bambi to start to fill our freezers for the winter.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Mr Lizard

I'm wondering if you would be interested in my new book........... yup, Just exactly right!!!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Might I boldly suggest that you simply do not click to read those posts? It's worked very effectively for me to avoid threads that I consider to be beneath my acknowledgement. You needn't feel like you're missed in some way. Fill your time with other threads that are more to your liking.

You know, it's like when all the shoes are ugly in the stores because of "fashion", I wear trusty old Cat boots or something. I don't *have* to participate in stiletto heels.

That was a weird analogy. lol

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
My sentiments exactly! Because of these self same posts I am becoming even more skepticle about any Extraterestrial messages that actualy might be true. Many sound like drug induced euphoria more than true enlightenment! But, like they say, everybody has opinions!

Zindo

Exactly! Even if you have real experiences yourself - - wading through a sea of commercially induced "I bought every book" - - to find maybe one person who sounds legit - - is the "light energy" pits.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Okay... Maybe i'm having a bad day, but I am absolutely sick of these posts that waffle on about Pleidean high light councils that 'channel' VERY important messages to people who then go and post them on conspiracy sites...

No offence to anyone, but they seem to be filled with very little real information, absolutely NO proof of anything that cannot be explained in earthly terms and when people seem to complain about these posts, they get accused of being 'narrow minded', 'un-spiritual', or 'in need of raising their vibrations'... Like any of those ill thought excuses actually mean a damn thing....

Don't get me wrong, I meditate occasionally, do my bit for the good of human kind (when time and money allows me) and i've read a huge assortment of books and articles dealing with dozens of religions and beliefs all across the globe.

Yet, the second i say... 'hmm, can you provide some answers, y'know go into a little bit of detail about these so called higher beings', i get bombarded with insulting messages and replies saying things like 'hey man, you gotta improve your frequencies and vibrations'.... or 'you're narrow minded, you won't understand'...

It's all well and good coming on to this website telling people to be nice and not kill things (which as far as i'm concerned is basic common sense) and i don't need fictional aliens telling me to do that.

But

How on earth this new age rubbish has become so popular is beyond me.

Oh and before I get swamped with flames, I also study (in great detail) frequencies and vibrations at a higher education level. I am all too familiar with the Nyquist theorem and Sabine and the like.... I am very aware of Cymatics and Masumo Emoto's studies and strange frequencies in crop circles and the like... So, yes I have done my research... And for an atheist, I think I am keeping the balance by studying religion and spirituality (To prove myself wrong), but up to now, all I see is the same old trash recycled again and again and again....

And what about all these supposed weapons that are hovering the earth that belong to some reptillian opressor? How on earth can anyone babble such rubbish, without ANY proof what so ever and get away with it? Let alone make money from selling books...

And then we get posters who claim that all animals were once vegetarians and it was humans who corrupted them and made them meat eaters...

Seriously.... What gives?

[edit - angry typo]

[edit on 8-11-2008 by mr-lizard]

You don't have to believe you know, and that's the glorious reason for this. So don't complain, nobody's forcing you to read/study/ or believe anything. For those who are willing to connect the dots and awaken, they will get there in time through personal experiences, their intuition, and knowledge. Once again, you don't have to believe, but don't complain either. Unless you have some proof that these things can't be real, give it the right to exist.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
CosmicEgg,

I mainly click on these posts to see how the 'facts of the case' are reported and presented. Titles can be misleading, and many here are, so you never know what your going to read. Sounds a little like 'Forest Gump'!!LOL
Oh, and I love the analogy!!!Whew Hoo!!
Zindo

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Of course everybody has opinions....

But imagine if came onto this forum and saying...

'Guess what guys, last night i was channeled by a very clever piece of cheese, who told me that the moon landings were hoaxed because the scientists were warned that their landing equipment would disrupt a vital cheese trading route between Jupiter and Uranus. Oh and even though the details of how i was channeled are unimportant, I will go further to state that world leaders should all eat cheddar and we should avoid milk...

Also, buy this book'

I'd be shot. Know what I mean?

We're not stupid, why do you think we are?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You are right and yes, the whole channeling business is more damaging for the more serious side of this thing. I mean, just read the channelings of mike quinsey and see what i mean. It takes ALL the free-will and self responsibility away from the adept reading and believing it. at the time of the goodchild debalce he made a story that said that even the irritating insects and toxic plants will go away when they arrive to safe and pamper us all into moronity.

It ticks people off that are interested in the real phenomenons of the more elusive nature in this universe and a lot of em will disregard all of it based on some lightworker-nutcases without any marble in their head. Plus good people getting mislead and wasting their energy on that lost cause.

Sad.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Harman]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
But science does it to us all the time. They don't get flamed for it. They get more funding.

Science deals in 3 dimensions. Channelling is a bit more involved. I get some good ones, I get some bad ones. But I don't publish my stuff. So what is it worth? Nothing. Like both information and love, neither are worth a thing until they're shared.

At least some people put themselves out there and take the ridicule as it comes. Some people don't like getting bad info. Personally, I'm happy to receive anything I know nothing about with an open mind. I'm happy to be called gullible afterward. I prefer to think well of my fellow humans and I don't invest a lot emotionally in these things; not in scientific reports, not in the nightly news, not in channellings. Not even my own channellings, which are confusing enough to me without trying to make them coherent to others. Far be in from me....

Maybe it would be nice to try that once or twice. It doesn't cost anything and it might just make you feel a bit more charitable. Maybe it could spill over into other aspects of your life. I feel that people are so fearful these days that it feels almost too oppressive to even come to anyone's defense once the torrents of ridicule start. Just save us some of the pain. Please?

top topics

join