It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bali Bombers Executed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
hell of a way to balance the stupid budget if you ask me. You could easly ask entrance fee for an attraction like that

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I would say that nobody "deserves" to die, ever. Saying that someone "deserves to die" is just a result of vengeance, of wanting to "do unto others as they do unto you." It's just a misguided human attempt at getting even. An eye for an eye makes the world blind.

That said: I do believe there may be some cause for the death penalty with individuals such as these, but not because they "deserve" it; that just puts a bad taste in my mouth. The truth is simply that as long as these people are alive they endanger the innocent lives of others. They are completely, irreversibly obsessed with their murderous agendas. If they were allowed to go free, it would be like unleashing a pack of rabid wolves on a small farming village -- they would just kill, without mercy, like they have before. So, for the sake of all that is good, they cannot, must not be allowed to live free.

The question is: Why not life in prison, instead of the death penalty? Maybe others feel more strongly about this than I do. But personally, I just can't see it making any difference if these terrorists die now rather than forty years from now, from old age. Their views will never change. Every challenge to their beliefs only makes their convictions grow stronger. They are just armed grenades, sitting in a jail cell, waiting for a target. Better to dispose of them sooner than later.

But it's not because they "deserve" it. Killing is not a gift that you give to someone who deserves it. That's just sick.

---

And you know what? Even this much, I still question. This is a subject that I'm still trying to find my belief in, these days. I mean, suppose the odds were one in a million that a terrorist or other criminal, allowed to live life in prison rather than face the death penalty, would change and become a decent human being. Shouldn't even that be enough reason to give them a chance at life, albeit safely within the confines of imprisonment?

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Magnus47]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnus47
The truth is simply that as long as these people are alive they endanger the innocent lives of others. They are completely, irreversibly obsessed with their murderous agendas. If they were allowed to go free, it would be like unleashing a pack of rabid wolves on a small farming village -- they would just kill, without mercy, like they have before. So, for the sake of all that is good, they cannot, must not be allowed to live free.

Thats just it...
up till there deaths they vowed their "followers" would revenge their executions.

They just dont stop....meanwhile, their families seek a pardon?

Pardon me?

Pardon what?

Their reply?....Pardon's off.

mungo

Mungo

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I mean, suppose the odds were one in a million that a terrorist or other criminal, allowed to live life in prison rather than face the death penalty, would change and become a decent human being. Shouldn't even that be enough reason to give them a chance at life, albeit safely within the confines of imprisonment?

What about we give them all a chance and put them inside their own nightclub for a night and let them celebrate their rehabilitation... you can guess the rest of the script.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

... albeit safely within the confines of imprisonment?

Sorry, but I apparently had to quote myself from your own post. I'm not sure what part of "confines of imprisonment" applies to a nightclub. Feel free to elaborate.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Magnus47]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I'm not sure what part of "confines of imprisonment" applies to a nightclub. Feel free to elaborate.

I was hoping that I didn't have to spell it out...

They bombed a packed nightclub, full of many Aussie tourists.

I'll let you figure out the rest.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I must say i have only seen the morning news saying that they had shot them in the heart and now they are dead

The big question that comes to my mind is are they really dead,did they tape the shootings?? I don't really trust the bali government.

Then again i don't trust our government

I would like to see my country before i go over to bali, i have been told it's a dirty place

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by duffster

I would like to see my country before i go over to bali, i have been told it's a dirty place

And full of hatred for peace seeking tourists as it turns out.

these bombers have hoards of children.

Does this mean the violence will increase exponentially?

Think I am happy where I am.

But you are right.

Australia... the Lucky Country.

backfired really... they all want to come here.

Mungo

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just read that the terrorists wanted to be executed by beheading and not the firing squad... I also read that one of the bombs they used was packed with human excrement... I mean what the hell?

These Islamic fundamentalist filth are twisted, barbaric and insane.

Execution was too good for them, they should have been chained up in a cellar and left to rot for the rest of their pathetic, murderous lives.

I used to defend muslims, but the more i read about the fanatics, the more it leads me to believe that this religion is nothing more than a diseased, hate fuelled crime against peace. If you have a problem with my opinion, then go tell it to the families of those who were killed by these filth.

We should root out these bastards and let them rot.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I can't help wondering why they executed them on 9/11. In Australia, we use date by day/month/year. Has anyone else noticed this? They even waited until just after midnight to get this date.

Intentional to remind Australians of 9/11? Australians need constant reminders of terrorism because, quite frankly, no one really gives a s*** about it.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I also read that one of the bombs they used was packed with human excrement... I mean what the hell?

should of drowned the bombers in pig fat,

or sewed them in a pig skin and let it dry and shrink on them

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Intentional to remind Australians of 9/11? Australians need constant reminders of terrorism because, quite frankly, no one really gives a s*** about it.

i think this is just a coincidence and why wouldent australians give a shiite about terrorism? silly actually

not sure where i stand on death penalty though their famlies & friends are releived the bombers are gone so thats all the really matters.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by enlighten2012

Noone should give any of them a break indeed and we all should be very much concerned as well as for the innocent falsely accused in USA, being detained. The guilty should pay the max punishment, the innocent freed.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

Why not life in prison???? One word pal.......CORRUPTION!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join