It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blueprints for Auschwitz camp found in Germany

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Blueprints for Auschwitz camp found in Germany

news.yahoo.com

BERLIN (Reuters) – The original construction plans believed used for a major expansion of the Nazi death camp at Auschwitz in 1941 have been found in a Berlin flat, Germany's Bild newspaper reported on Saturday.

The daily printed three architect's drawings on yellowing paper from the batch of 28 pages of blueprints it obtained. One has an 11.66 meter by 11.20 meter room marked "Gaskammer" (gas chamber) that was part of a "delousing facility."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So for everyone out there who thinks that the Holocaust never happened, here is your chance to change your mind. This is your proof. What else would a gaskammer (gas chamber) be used for? I can't believe people still deny that it happened.

This is very sickening. Words like crematorium, and corpse cellar are used. Please Holocaust deniers, tell me what else a corpse cellar would be used for?

Any comments?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

The first thing you have to understand is that 99% of the people that say "Holocaust didn't happen" just say it to anger those that have been directly affected by it and those that have been and are targeted still to this day by people who would restart another Holocaust if they ever was given the chance. Saying that it didn't happen is all about hate, spreading it and keeping it alive in the hearts of all oppressors and all they would oppressed. Ignore them, they know it happened.

The ideas behind Auschwitz and the deeds done there are quite gruesome. Its mind boggling, something I had never thought about, a major exspansion of Auschwitz. It kind of makes you wonder exactly how many people the Nazis would have put to the flames if they had won World War II or even at least caused a stalemate that allowed the Nazi State to exists with its reaches over the European continent and deep into Russia.

[edit on 8/11/08 by Pfeil]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Oh I don't know what a gas chamber would be used for...maybe a delousing facility just like the article said.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

And the 'corpse cellar'?

For all those people who just happened to die while being 'deloused', right?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

So all camps with lice problem had "delicing chamber" of this size?
Just out of curiosity, do you know about killing of mentally ill with monoxide gas? Also for delicing? So if it is documented that Nazis used gas to kill those they did not consider people in 1939, why you find it hard to believe that they used cheaper/more efficient technique in 1940s. After all - you cannot say that Nazis did not kill Jews in mass shootings, via starvation. So gas chambers were there, poison was there, Jews were there. 1+1+1=? Not hard to reach this conclusion. If all German concentration camps had similar delicing chambers - then point would be valid. Were allied soldiers deliced with Zyklon b?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wise, you have to look at all the evidence, The Nazis used slave labour in the millions, those people were worked to death hence the need for corpse cellars and all the rest of it. Whilst there are some people who do deny the Holocaust the fact remains that Holocaust revisionists have a different view, they belive the actual numbers are incorrect and the whole issue was blown out of proportion by the allies.

That said thereis no doubt that the Germans were responsible for the deaths of millions from all causes and since ww2 genocide has raised its ugly head on many occasions and still dose. Many think the same will happen in the US. just like many people did not believe what the Germans were up to know the same is being acted out in the US.

Rumours of camps everwhere, draconian legislation etc. but who really believes it. The question to ask is that in pre war germany who would have thought that a well bred peopel like the Germans would turn into savages in the sapce of just a few years. Well people are asking the same question now about the US but will any one listen or take notice.

Since ww2 we have had genocide in Vietnam, Cambodia, China, Iraq, Afganistan, the former Yugoslavia, Rhawanda, Palestine etc. And it would appear that there is no stopping this process. The gap between civilisation and savagery is very thin indeed and it looks like we are doomed to doing the same again only this time it will be millions of Muslims being murdered.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I am not a holocaust expert or anything, but from what I have read it just seems to me that in the typical holocaust story there are many inconsistancies, much like in the original 911 story.
www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I would like to remind everyone that today it is excactly 70 years since the "Kristallnacht":

Seventy years ago, on November 9–10, 1938, the Nazis staged vicious pogroms—state sanctioned, anti-Jewish riots—against the Jewish community of Germany. These came to be known as Kristallnacht (now commonly translated as “Night of Broken Glass”), a reference to the untold numbers of broken windows of synagogues, Jewish-owned stores, community centers, and homes plundered and destroyed during the pogroms. Encouraged by the Nazi regime, the rioters burned or destroyed 267 synagogues, vandalized or looted 7,500 Jewish businesses, and killed at least 91 Jewish people. They also damaged many Jewish cemeteries, hospitals, schools, and homes as police and fire brigades stood aside. Kristallnacht was a turning point in history. The pogroms marked an intensification of Nazi anti-Jewish policy that would culminate in the Holocaust—the systematic, state-sponsored murder of Jews.

Jews arrested during Kristallnacht line up for roll call at the Buchenwald concentration camp.
November 1938. Lorenz C. Schmuhl Papers, USHMM Archives

www.ushmm.org...

Never forget.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ziggy, what about all the other genocides comitted, what about Israeli acts of genocide do we forget all those and rember the one.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
do we forget all those and rember the one.

No. But this thread is about Auschwitz, and the German attempt at exterminating the Jews. If there were a thread about the genocide in Rwanda, I'm sure equal attention would be paid to it.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You cannot seperate genocide, it dose not matter if we are discusiing the holocaust or not its all the same and by understanding that it is all the same then we may have a chance of stopping it.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

We should never forget ANY crimes against humanity. The reason I mentioned the "Kristallnacht" was, like I said in my post, that it is now excactly 70 years ago since it happened.

To take a moment to remember all those innocent people who died in the WW2 and the consentration camps, does NOT mean that other genocides are - or were - OK. Of course not!

I am more than a ittle puzzled about your post.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ziggy, the problem is that on the one hand we comemerate these events and on the other we condone them. What is wrong with us, how can it be that while we lament some great tragedy we are inflicting war, murder and mayhem on others at the same time. Hoe many people are suffering and dying right now because of the UK/US/Israel directly by our actions or indirectly by supporting corrupt and depsot regimes.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Believe me, I understand perfectly what you mean.

But I also happen to believe the old saying that "Those who forget history is doomed to repeat it". That is why the Nazi regime and their terrible crimes should never be forgotten.

Peace. I guess we both hope for a better world.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Are there actually people who claim there where no such things as gas chambers??

Well i'll be damned....i really didn't know this!! Beeing from Holland and having lost a few family members (they told me, i'm to young to have known these people) in those gas chambers, i really can't imaging why you would deny this.

Last year i moved to Germany and have german neighbours but they are really nice people and this was more then 60 years ago. Let it go ,i don't believe that by now it can be personal for anybody anymore.

On a brighter note, a german WWII soldier who was stationed in Holland recently got a statue in holland for saving two childeren during a bombing.
In his attempt to save the two dutch childeren he died.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Many German families saw what was going on and left. Both sides of my husbands family left because they knew the truth behind hitler.

His grandmothers brother was not so lucky. He was forced to join the junior SS and after a bit of time, he was made a regular SS officer. Once the Germans started to round up the Jewish people, he was put into a new job, to drive the truck loads of people to the train yards. He was told these people were being taken to work camps and then they would be moved out of the country. At first, he believed the lie. Eventually though, he realized what was really happening to those people on the backs of his truck. He then started sneaking letters from the people to be given to people in their old neighborhoods, a small act & the only form of help this one young man could think to offer. Anything more would of gotten him killed immediately. The SS caught on that he was a traitor, sentenced him to death & shipped him off to Dachau. He endured many medical experiments at the hand of his own people because in the Nazi's eyes, a traitor was worse than being a Jew. He survived the experiments, but still died on April 14, 1945, just two weeks before the camp was liberated. His offcial cause of death was listed as TB. (Likely just another experiment.)

All of this comes from German records that my father-in-law got copies of when he visited Germany in the late 90's. The SS were cruel & inhumane, but they were good at keeping records. We have translated some of the docuements my FIL brought back, but after he passed away, we were left without someone who could read German well enough. After reading about this new find, I have a renewed interest in translating the rest of them. It's a horrible part of my families heritage, but it is important for my children to know about the man partially responsible for their family moving to the United States.

Anyne who says that these camps were not meant to wipe out the Jews should take a trip to Germany. See the ovens themselves, stand in one of the gas chambers & maybe they can feel the weight of death all around them that my FIL said still existed within those walls.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I have a cousin's grandmother who is still alive and well and who was in Auchwitz.
She does not talk about it often, lost her entire family there. The only person who survived was her fiance who took 7 years to find her after the chaos was over.The only reason she wasn't killed, she said, is because she worked really hard. If you worked really hard, you were sometimes spared.
She recently donated her "uniform" to the Smithsonian, as it being the only one they have found right now.

There are quite a few people around who remember it.

But I do agree for the younger members of Germany, it shouldn't be their defining moment.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Holocaust deniers are like skeptics.

It is necessary to have them in order to keep reminders of the past. When I was younger I worked as a CNA and our nursing home brought in a holocaust survivor. The second she saw me she started screaming "GERMANS!" (I'm mostly German by decent) I wasn't able to take care of her, but after she passed when I was cleaning up her body I saw the number tattoo.

Remember it's good to have Hologaust denyers because they allow us to remember the past and thus not condemn ourselves to repeat it.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am no holocaust denier.

I do, however, deny, that it was only the JEWS who suffered this fate.

This kind of 'mass' slaughter, has been taking place in our world since well-before the industrial revolution. And Jews don;t get to claim the woes us, 'we are sooooooooooo to be pitied' card, just like blacks can't claim to be the only 'slaves' ever taken - we still have slavery to this day! Genocide is being covered up in Canada for cripes sake!

For me it is not a question of denying the Holocaust. It's a question of remembering that one group focuses on themselves in the matter. And NO ONE ELSE. Too many were killed by Stalin, American and British Settlers, the Catholic Church, and even the JEWS, to proclaim that this tragedy is particular to one race, religion, or group of people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join