It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Tragedy Averted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
As some of you may know, I have been taking steps to enter one of the armed services. Sometime today, while I was talking to one of my recruiter friends, they got a call...

Supposedly, someone attempted to drive into Fort Monmouth (in New Jersey, USA) with a CAR BOMB. The person's car was apparently blocked in and stopped by civilian police cars near the entrance and tragedy was averted. Watching the news now, I see not even the slighest mention of it.

Just goes to show you, how many possible averted tragedies have there been, since 9/11, since the USS Cole, since forever? Things you've never heard of.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Wow, I wonder why the silence?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm not surprised. It would cut out the legs beneath the illusion cast that America is becoming safer. If it looks like Bush is protecting the people, then he gets more political points. If this was an act of domestic terrorism, it could hurt his support base.

DE

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Not a word being mentioned about this on any news source.

Your *recruiter* told you this?? Seems like that would be some sort of security breach. Did he give you any more details?

-B.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Kinda slim shady there, I must say.

I mean, isn't a recruiter just some sergeant who couldn't cut it in the regular service?

How would he know. I think that 'Carbomb on the loose' is at least defcon 3

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by Loki]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Not a word being mentioned about this on any news source.

Your *recruiter* told you this?? Seems like that would be some sort of security breach. Did he give you any more details?

-B.

No security breach if he got his information via word of mouth. He wasnt given this information in trust of any sort whatsoever. A friend of his in the army called him and asked what he knew about it, he said he didnt even hear about it until the guy asked.

And no, a recruiter is not (atleast anymore) someone who couldnt cut it-- they are being chosen at-will from normal ranks of various different M.O.S.'s to recruit. As a matter of fact, if you 'fail' at recruiting, you get sent back to your normal job.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
fox news mentioned this in brief, then never said another word about it all day. so i'm guessing it started as a rumor, then they picked it up, and once they tried to confirm it, they came to find out it was false. but if it was real, then it may have been hushed up because it didn't go as planned- if 9/11 was staged, this could have been too, but maybe there were too many police there, instead of the one or two that were in on this who were supposed to let the car pass.

i can see it coming soon though- car bombs, etc, on our soil, and then martial law is declared. and i'll be the first out on the street, kicking @$$ like in "escape from NY", and its poor excuse for a sequel, "escape from LA".

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
How would he know. I think that 'Carbomb on the loose' is at least defcon 3
[Edited on 30-3-2004 by Loki]

Perhaps 'carbomb on the loose' is a defcon 3, but not the aftermath of a diverted carbomb...ist (is that a word?
). Especially when the event happens at the entrance to a heavily-trafficked entrance to a military base, where civilians and officers probably passed by as it happened.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Can't say that I had heard of this, but would be appreciative if someone could confirm with a newspaper clipping or something.

new topics

top topics

join