It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the tenth demesion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have been reading some books on superstring theory and the theory of everything, but it is confusing can someone explain superstring theory and what is the tenth demesion to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Try again try harder.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Try again try harder.

Nice Crow reference!

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Superstrings are the long fries sold at MacDonalds.

The theory is that in each dimiension they get healthier and healthier.

By the 10th dimension they are so healthy that you can use them as a basic food group.

The biological transformation of superfrys in the tenth dimension also mean that they are slightly sentient, with the intelectual capacity of our worms, as a result they still move when consumed, and seek out burgers to burrow into.

As a result when placed with the burgers in a bag unless consumed quickly they will have burrowed into the burger leaving the container they were purchased in empty.

Until this behaviour discovered by scientists, visiting 3rd dimensional humans (usually on cheap tourist visas) would engage in arguemnts with the check out people saying that they didn't recieve their fries. The resulting physical abuse saw many 3rd dimensionalers banned from fast food establishments.

10th dimension beings however are not interested in MacDonalds as their molecular construction is so complex that they have to live entirely on sushi.

Anyway thats the theory.....

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
you might have already seen this but they got a bunch of short videos you can watch.

www.pbs.org...

i had theories, before i ever heard of this unification theory or string theory, basically boiled down to the same thing. but einstien definetly came before me so ............... any wayz. i definetly think it is cool and is on point. everything is not possible or probable it IS!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
They're all lying to you, man.

My dong is the tenth dimension, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hey I've heard of My Dong!!

Isn't he the leader of North Korea?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
No, Mi Dong is the sole proprioter of the Hung Dong meat market, veterans memorial houston texas.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
His brother runs the Hu Flung Dung sewage tank pumping service.

There is an asian comunity there with the following people...

Chin Tu Fat -Plastic surgeon
Dum Gai - town idiot
Lao Ze Sho - TV reviewer
Ten Ding Ba - barman
Wa Shing Kah - car cleaner
Wan Bum Lung - Hospital patient

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
dear panchovilla
Thank you for taking me seroisly. Most people do not know of the theory of everything and of superstring theory. I am deeply insulted of the moderators action toward a valid question. By the way the link helped.

Live Long and prosper
Bushfriend

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
But the tenth dementia is after the aliens are finished probing the animals....

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
bushfriend, I do believe that the Tenth Dimension is the one which exceeds the other Nine

However i see you haven't used the search engine so here you are.

A 10 Dimensional Universe

The curious feature of superstrings, however, is that they can only vibrate in 10 dimensions. This is, in fact, one of the reasons why it can unify the known forces of the universe: in 10 dimensions there is �more room� to accommodate both Einstein's theory of gravity as well as sub-atomic physics.

In some sense, previous attempts at unifying the forces of nature failed because a standard four dimensional theory is �too small� to jam all the forces into one mathematical framework. To visualize higher dimensions, consider a Japanese tea garden, where carp spend their entire lives swimming on the bottom of a shallow pond. The carp are only vaguely aware of a world beyond the surface. To a carp �scientist,� the universe only consists of two dimensions, length and width.

There is no such thing as �height.� In fact, they are incapable of imagining a third dimension beyond the pond. The word �up� has no meaning for them. (Imagine their distress if we were to suddenly lift them out of their two dimensional universe into �hyperspace,� i.e. our world!) However, if it rains, then the surface of their pond becomes rippled. Although the third dimension is beyond their comprehension, they can clearly see the waves traveling on the pond's surface. Likewise, although we earthlings cannot �see� these higher dimensions, we can see their ripples when they vibrate.

According to this theory, �light� is nothing but vibrations rippling along the 5th dimension. By adding higher dimensions, we can easily accommodate more and more forces, including the nuclear forces. In a nutshell: the more dimensions we have, the more forces we can accommodate. One persistent criticism of this theory, however, is that we do not see these higher dimensions in the laboratory.

At present, every event in the universe, from the tiniest sub-atomic decay to exploding galaxies, can be described by 4 numbers (length, width, depth, and time), not 10 numbers. To answer this criticism, many physicists believe (but cannot yet prove) that the universe at the instant of the Big Bang was in fact fully 10 dimensional. Only after the instant of creation did 6 of the 10 dimensions �curled up� into a ball too tiny to observe.

In a real sense, this theory is really a theory of creation, when the full power of 10 dimensional space-time was manifest.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Sapphire]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

There is an asian comunity there with the following people...

Kum Hia, Netchicken! Ar U Wun Tu ... Moon Lan Ding-Dum Gai?
Ten Ding Ba? Ne Ahn, Shai Gai! Gun Pao Der! Ar U Wun Tu?

Originally posted by Sapphire
...The curious feature of superstrings, however, is that they can only vibrate in 10 dimensions. This is, in fact, one of the reasons why it can unify the known forces of the universe...
In some sense...consider a Japanese tea garden...higher dimensions, we can see their ripples when they vibrate.
...nothing but vibrations rippling along ...and more force ... In a nutshell!

[Edited on 5/6/2004 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
there is more than ten dimensions, if you use the full capacity of your brain you could see that space goes on infinitely smaller and infinetly larger. whatever the name of the particles that make up the little bitty particles that make up the little bitty particles that make up neutrons are not the smallest. there is no end to space, however you wanna slice and dice it. there is no need to try and PROOVE this with the ignorantly blind idea of four dimensions. i am just gonna make a prediction, oh hell, i am just going to re-announce many other's predictions that have decided that is ok to open the door of their cubical exceptance of reality.

one day, some day, maybe just maybe sooner than later, people are going to use the majority of there brain. unbelievable, yes for most, and the things that they will be able to accomplish infront of the neandrathal like masses, accepting only their cubical reality, will be unbelievable in the eyes of the monkey men.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
there is more than ten dimensions, if you use the full capacity of your brain you could see that space goes on infinitely smaller and infinetly larger. whatever the name of the particles that make up the little bitty particles that make up the little bitty particles that make up neutrons are not the smallest.....

then wat is the smallest, panchovilla?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
i don't think that there is a smallest. i believe that just as there is a microscopic environment alive and well on our skin, that can only be seen with the microscope, there is civil societies and violent civilizations going on within us.

atoms are little universes with infinitely smaller worlds, and somewhere there is world with no pestilence, disease, or violence. also a world were pizza is healthy and cheese thins your blood.

that is an interesting picture SamaraMorgueAnn.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Where ever there is life, there is existence. You don't have to be aware of it for it to be existing. One day your pizza delivery guy is going to come over and you'll find out what the equation to life is, just by the presence of the smells and friendly attitude.

THAT's how varied life is.

That picture? I found it on a website. I thought it suited the scene and so I used it. I don't even remember it's name or who created it. Does that mean I'm 'bad' ?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
No, that means you're "good"; i like the pic. i tried to look at the address on properties, but could not find other like or it section, but saw some cool paintings.

new topics

top topics

join