It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand Election 08': National Wins!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

National has it! John Key will be our next Prime Minister.

www.electionresults.govt.nz

National (John Key): ---- 45.5%
Labour (Helen Clark): --- 33.8%
(visit the link for the full news article)

Specific Results Details:

I'm a little disappointed personally, the New Zealand people bought Key's mantra of 'change'. He's not bringing anything New Zealand needs, especially with economy as it is. I don't like this man, and it's not because I'm loyal to Labour (Supported National in 05') but because he is a slimy snake-oil salesman who just wants to be Prime Minister.

Change has come to our Government, lets just hope I'm wrong about Key.

[edit on 11/8/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Thank you for your post, mate!

CHANGE! Hope we can depend on here in the States. We'll see how things unfold and deal with what we can. I recommend contacting a law firm if you think that the administration caused any harm to anyone anywhere and see if there is a law that COULD apply to prosecute and punish. Totally up to you to do yourself a favor for humanity in this regard.

Have fun in Kiwitown, mate!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarSeaman
I recommend contacting a law firm if you think that the administration caused any harm to anyone anywhere and see if there is a law that COULD apply to prosecute and punish.

Lol. Politicians in NZ are to inept to conspire to do anything sub-legal in order to win. They can barely manipulate the minds of the people here.

Have fun in Kiwitown, mate!

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ahh you beat me too it

This thread probably wont get much attention.
A lot of people here are probably going to disagree,but i'm pretty happy about the change

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by donteatthedaisies

Considering the 45%, I'm gonna say that most kiwis will agree with you. I don't. As I said, I don't like Key, but most of the nation seem to like him.

I voted Libertarianz.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
When i say a lot,here,i mean probably one or two

I think Key is alright,I couldn't stand the idea of a Labour/Greens government =)

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by donteatthedaisies

Yeah, I hear you. I'm an advocate of sending more of the votes to the smaller groups. BREAK DOWN the monopoly from both labour and National and bring in smaller groups into parliament. I was eagerly watching how Bill and Ben party did. I was amazed to see them starting a party. They got more and TEN THOUSAND VOTES!

.... OH hey it's you, daisies. I just realised that it was you who were u2u-ing me a few days ago.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yeah i decided i need to start posting more

Hahaha oh Bill and Ben,I'm all for smaller parties but i don't know about the country being run on a sence of humour

I were suprised how many votes they got as well,I thought they would get a few thousand votes at the most.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I was hoping The Bill and Ben Party got in, would of made for some interesting viewing

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

It would be like 'Man of the Year' with Robin Williams. I was concerned and excited by seeing the Bill and Ben party was running. I just wish John Campbell had checked into the Bill and Ben HQ at some time during the night. - felt a bit gypted (or however that word is spelt)

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I admit it would be great to see everyones reaction...

Aside from that though,we would be completely screwed

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Give us anything but the Labour Prime Minister 'Aunty Helen", who got rid of the New Zealand airforce, who ever heard of a country without an airforce? and who spends millions of overseas borrowing on buying army equipment to fight other countries wars, oh yeah, who signs a painting for an Charity auction, which she didn't even paint, who stated NewZealand ' Was not a Christian Country' so why do we have to swear on a bible in court? legalizes same sex marriage and prostitution, and the ridiculous anti smacking bill, people who bash and illtreat and murder children are NOT going to do it in public, its a hidden menace duh? Thank heavens the other ridiculous ' anti cow farting-(flatulence immisions) didn't become law!Who said Labour books were okay heh heh and now the books are open we find we have 4o billion dollars overseas debt for 4 million people, hmmm who really owns NZ I wonder... who was quite rude and ignorant regarding meeting the Queen, courtesy and dignity were not in Helens makeup, .....the question is Key and his party any better,? 6 0f one and half a dozen of the other i would say..God save NZ......

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Alienzone88]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienzone88

Yea. "The People" haven't owned the country for a long long time - any country. I don't like any big party and I hate even more some of the small parties (coughcoughGREENcoughcough). NZ needs a kiwi version of Ron Paul.

God help us.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
IMO what occurred is text book on how to win an election in an MMP environment and presumable form a government . By appearing centralist National won over swing voters and even traditional Labour voters to an extend . Any Conservative voters who were alienated by National centrist stance would have probably voted for ACT who were only ever going to support National anyway .

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Without wishing to sound racist, can I just point out the fact (as it may relate to numerous conspiracy theories) that John Key is a Jewish Banker?

new topics

top topics

join