It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembrance Day 11/11/2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Just dropping in to hand out sprigs of Rosemary for you all....!

In Shakespeare's Hamlet...Ophelia says,
"There's rosemary,that's for rememberance,
pray,love,remember."

They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them,
Nor the years condemn,
At the going down of the sun,
And in the morning,
We will remember them.

1min silence please at 11am on the 11th Nov
Remembering our fallen....LEST WE FORGET

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Whether or not the war was a just war in whichever one.

The pepole who died fighting them fought for a cause. Most of these men held on to what they believe was good and righteouss.

That is the most honorable thing any man could do. they deserve everyones respect and honor.

good thread

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
To those of ATS/BTS who have served this country of ours, to those others who are still serving or have served, to those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice for their nation, and to the families who have given up a family member for their nation, I salute each and every one of you on Veterans Day.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
As a tribute to my old friend, Jim Brookshire, who was killed senselessly in Vietnam along with thousands of others.... I created this. I will never forget..... EVER

Great thread..... thanks.

Dave

[edit on 11/8/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Great video Dave, was very heart felt.

And thanks to everyone that replied, I'm proud to see so many of us respect and remember our troops.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'll remember all those in my prayers....Thank you for the reminder.....God Bless us All.....

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well even though i'm only 23 i've always gone to remember those who fought for their belief in freedom. My thoughts are with them all.

Nice thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
And do not forget that there are many men and women out there today - this very minute - fighting and dying not so much for their country but for humanity as a whole. Trying to make the world a better, safer, place for everyone.

We may not agree with the politics behind such actions. We may think they are futile or misguided or even that ulterior motives guide those who direct them. But those in our armed forces today still deserve our heartfelt thanks and respect. We, who sit safe at home with no fear of war.

I'd like to add some words by Roger Waters, from the Pink Floyd song The Gunner's Dream

In the space between the heavens
and in the corner of some foreign field
I had a dream.

A place to stay
Enough to eat
Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street
Where you can speak out loud
About your doubts and fears
And what's more no-one ever disappears
You never hear their standard issue kicking in your door.
You can relax on both sides of the tracks
And maniacs don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control
And everyone has recourse to the law
And no-one kills the children anymore.
And no one kills the children anymore.

In the corner of some foreign field
The gunner sleeps tonight.
What's done is done.
We cannot just write off his final scene.
Take heed of his dream.

Soldiers today have that same dream. Let us all take heed. And maybe one day none will need ever die again.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't have any relatives who have died in the war although I would like to pay my respects. These people went out and fought for what they believed was rights (be it that in fact it was yet another money making scam) These people saw horrific acts perpetrated by humans upon humans but also acts of great heroism and kindness.

Like modern warfare it doesn't matter what side you fight for, you are given information, you take in what you are told and you fight for what is right to you.
I can only guess that the people who wound up on those beaches whether they be UK, German, Canadian, US, Polish, Indian were # scared and went through what they went through to save their families and their countries.

They were brave people and they did what was right for them but let not us forget that it, like so many others since have been unjust and unrequired wars and these wars cannot be fought without money, those who gave the money to those who would use it badly are the real enemies of this world.

I salute the brave men and women who fought in the war and the animals that were trained as bombs, you have done a service for what you thought was right and in doing so earned my respect and thanks whatever your country or side.

For those who created and fought in the war in the name of profit and power may you burn in hell.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
Great post Chadwickus

To many times in our daily lives things as simple as remembering is forgotten.

I remember every day. I lost my father to cancer from Vietnam (agent orange). While i did get to spend some quality time with him growing up, missed out on sharing a lot as i got older, He never got to see his grand son, i don't get to go home to see him. When things are great, or not so great, i cant pick up the phone and give him a call. Every year, the monday before thanksgiving, i find my self a quite spot with a 6pack and just sit for a while and remember and reflect.

But i don't regret him serving in any way. I am who i am because of him and the house full of Jar heads we had every weekend. Sometimes that's not so much in my favor, But all in all i can not complain.

I have a soft spot for all vet's.

A personal note, Thank you to all that have served. Past, Present, and Future.

Semperfi

[edit on 8-11-2008 by severdsoul]

Heartfelt.. thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Today is the day here in Australia so I thought I would put these up for all the Aussie troops.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
On this day especially, this thread bears a Look, or re-Look

Terry Kelly’s “A Pittance Of Time” Music Video

Semper

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Wow, thanks for posting that, touching stuff, I could feel the guys anger over such disrespect.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It's definitely "Tissue Worthy"

I watch it at least once a month or so...

I would hate to forget..

Semper

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
How quickly a year goes by!

A timely bump for this thread.

LEST WE FORGET.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
“When you go home, tell them of us and say, for your tomorrow, we gave our today”

I'm very proud to have served my country

top topics

<< 1   >>

join