It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Youth Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
While I know Arianna Huffington is as politically one sided, just like Fixed News, she does give sources for her argument in this article.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Seems like the youth and new vote made a huge difference this election, along with the hispanic vote, wern't they supposed to be prejudice against blacks?

Anyway I digress, do you think with this ADD, internet, wanting immediate results generation, will stay politically engaged for years to come? You have to admit, whatever your political persuasions, having a engaged electorate is only good for the nation. People taking interest in and engaging politics can only spell good things.

I'd like to hear everyones input on this.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Bunch of bull. The youth came out big in this one, and that's the reason for his win.

And really, I don't believe that the decision should be made by the experienced, they should be made by the idealists.

Its what the country was founded on, ideals... and dreams.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by djpaec

You have to understand what energized the youth to vote in the first place. It was the situation our country is in.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The "youth" vote came in, to my understanding at about 11%, about the same as it did in 2004.
The problem with the "youth" vote is that they are to easily swayed by dazzle, sparkle and such.
I glanced at a "report" from MSNBC that claimed over 56% eligible voters 18 to 29 voted and that 30 and over 76% voted. I have to call horse hockey on that, just due to the percentages being wildly larger than any modern election I know of. If anyone has any links to see good, accurate numbers please put them up.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Tinman67]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67
The "youth" vote came in, to my understanding at about 11%, about the same as it did in 2004.
The problem with the "youth" vote is that they are to easily swayed by dazzle, sparkle and such.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Tinman67]

And this rhetoric does nothing to persuade them to vote for anyone who says "Youth are swayed to easily". The Youth don't want to be marginalized. They don't want to be told that they are other than equal with any other demographic. They want to be spoken to like anyone else.

Not to mention, as people kick off, the youth vote is the next biggest electorate...

new topics

top topics

join