It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I get NO respect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I live in a house, with my two sisters, and my parents, I don't ask for much, just a little respect, I cook I clean, i give the cat fresh food and water when it needs to be done, but do i get what i want NO, instead i get my stuff stolen from me, i would put some leftovers in the fridge with a note on it saying "Outrider is saving this for lunch" (I don't use Outrider, I use my real name) and in the morning, the note is in the garbage, and my food is gone, this doesn't go for just leftovers, but ALL food, i labeled a small thing of kielbasa with my name IN CLEAR SIGHT, about three ors ago, i open the fridge up, its more than two thirds gone, I didn't get a chance to eat any of it, and probably wont, it doesn't stop at food, oh no, I have a Wii, i love it, if i could i would play it all the time, but i cant, i play maybe two hours a week, because usually when i want to play MY Wii, someone else is using it, and i need to wait my turn, this story isn't over yet boys and girls, i got an iPod for my birthday, about a year and a half ago, it went missing for about 8 months, and i just found it today, behind the door in my sisters room. I am STILL not done, as I stated above, i do more than my fair share of cleaning, and cooking, but WHENEVER i try to take ONE day off, just relax a little, I'm "lazy" when my sisters are hardly home to clean, but are always around to make a mess. I'm still not done yet, there is more, but i don't want to burden people i haven't even seen face to face with all my problems, but all i can say is that sometimes it is so bad that i go to my room(doesn't even have a door nob on the door) and cry for a good half an hour.

I thank you for listening to my rant, any input would be welcome.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by outrider]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Is your real name Cinderella? Get a door knob a lock and a small fridge for your room. If you are old enough, move out.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

about the door nob, would if i knew where to buy one that fits my door, not enough room for a fridge of any size, my room isn't small, but its cluttered with my sisters things, things I'm going to throw out soon, if she doesn't take them

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm gonna be blunt. Stop crying and whining about it and confront them.

If you act like a sally whenever they walk all over you, then why would they stop walking all over you? If you don't confront anyone about it then how will you garner their respect?

Throw your sisters crap out of your room, give them a good earful when they steal your stuff, and hide your damn Wii.

When they call you lazy when they themselves don't pitch in around the house, then lay them a good truth smackdown. Speak up and defend yourself.

Buck up man.

You know what an even better solution is? Live on your own...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
As the God father said to Johnny Fantain, You can act like a man. Tell them where to draw the line. Tell them to leave your stuff alone dude. If your sister has her stuff in your room, tell her to get it the heck out. But the real solution, if it is feasible, Get your own place dude. Find a few buds and move out. With out you there, they will soon miss your contribution and appreciate you a lot more.

But dude, Stand up and be heard.

new topics

top topics

join